Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not ONE word about Union Busting in what you posted or in the link.
You get an F as in Fail.
NEXT!
Casper
Because it's not "Union Busting." I reject your premise on its face.

Unions cannot be allowed to shakedown states and municipalities for outrageous demands, especially when their demands are far and away beyond what is commonplace in the private sector.

This is common sense for a financially broke state, and obviously unions and many Democrats are only concerned with themselves.

Your smugness is typical. You rely on bully tactics where you can't make a rational argument based on facts.

Here's an F for you..... F***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Because it's not "Union Busting." I reject your premise on its face.

Unions cannot be allowed to shakedown states and municipalities for outrageous demands, especially when their demands are far and away beyond what is commonplace in the private sector.

This is common sense for a financially broke state, and obviously unions and many Democrats are only concerned with themselves.

Your smugness is typical. You rely on bully tactics where you can't make a rational argument based on facts.

Here's an F for you..... F***
We know your position Gov, you made it very clear on that phone interview.

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
the unions have done nothing but lie to their members

the unions only want thier dues....

the unions are not even looking out for the members

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
He has said that pensions and benefits are the problem. I linked to one pre-election article and statement. There are others.

This is about eliminating collective bargaining for benefits and pensions, not wages. No one is tricking anyone.

Funny how Democrats were fine when they elected Obama, who along with a Democrat Congress foisted an unpopular health care law on us in record time with little debate or amending. That was fine. Guess it's a double standard in WI and the sore loser, run away coward thing is a bit much too.
Then why does he want to eliminate collective bargaining for the host of other issues that don't impact the budget? Give me a break. People aren't dumb. This is all about ideology, and has nothing to do with the budget. AGAIN--the unions have excepted every concession he asked for to balance the budget. People aren't dumb. They get this.

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it. There are lots of fairly moderate republican union members out here (I live in the midwest) and they're TICKED OFF about this. We didn't vote for this kind of garbage.
Then you didn't bother to educate yourselves about what you were voting for - Walker's plan was explained to the teachers last August.

What does that say about you?

Keep in mind, the other posters are correct. The public employees are a very small segment of the WI population. The taxpayers they're gouging vastly outnumber them. Your stance on this already has a built-in NET LOSS.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The people of Wisc voted for him and the repubs knowing full well what he was going to do. He told them. The union told them.

If they didn't know then they are not smart enouh to be teachers, etc.
Exactly.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then you didn't bother to educate yourselves about what you were voting for - Walker's plan was explained to the teachers last August.

What does that say about you?

Keep in mind, the other posters are correct. The public employees are a very small segment of the WI population. The taxpayers they're gouging vastly outnumber them. Your stance on this already has a built-in NET LOSS.
Show me a single link that shows that Walker made public campaign promise to gut collective bargaining as part of his campaign--I'm not talking about an obscure speech--I'm talking about something covered by the press and widely available to voters in the State of Wisconsin.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the unions have done nothing but lie to their members

the unions only want thier dues....

the unions are not even looking out for the members
You are 100% correct. I just posted in another thread what I did/am going through and how the union is useless. I belong to a public union (CWA). Most union members ONLY care about themselves. Many members I talk to say that the public should pay more taxes to fund our pensions! HUH? It seems union members think people who have no part in causing the mess or get ANY of the union benefits should pay for their shortcomings. I thought the Dem party and the unions are for the COLLECTIVE? You know, EVERYONE? It seems they are not in any way about everyone, just themselves.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Then why does he want to eliminate collective bargaining for the host of other issues that don't impact the budget? Give me a break. People aren't dumb. This is all about ideology, and has nothing to do with the budget. AGAIN--the unions have excepted every concession he asked for to balance the budget. People aren't dumb. They get this.
That was only to balance THIS year's budget. The changes in CB will allow the state to do what it needs to do in coming years to keep it balanced. Don't you want a balanced budget, or do you like being in the hole?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That was only to balance THIS year's budget. The changes in CB will allow the state to do what it needs to do in coming years to keep it balanced. Don't you want a balanced budget, or do you like being in the hole?
Then deal with the budget issues in bargaining--the unions have already agreed to every financial concession he's requested--most issues in contracts have no financial impact on the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies