Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM

32,822 posts, read 19,513,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't deny that, I understand that. He wasn't referring to State employee collective bargaining, as it didn't exist, it was Federal. It was the head of the Federal Employee Union he wrote the letter to.
wrong

when you say he I assume you mean FDR,,,,and he dint say what I printed.....but the other stuff he said that in a public speach in 1937

and btw

National Labor Relations Act ("Wagner Act"),Congress enacted the landmark Act in 1935 - the Magna Carta of the American labor movement. It excluded federal, state and local employees. It created the National Labor Relations Board to enforce the rights of labor

sorry your handlers didnt give you the full arguements , bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM

45 posts, read 93,527 times
Now is the time for all wealthy congressman and high salaried employees to also have some of their benefits cut. Do you think this will happen?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,463,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Democrats didn't have much choice in the matter in Wisconsin in the assembly (house). Even if all of them walked out, the Republicans could still vote.

The Senate has rules similar to the filibuster, that if none of the Democratic Senators are there, then the Senate can't be called to order, and thus it stops government.

Its up to the people of Wisconsin on what they want. I've seen conflicting polls. Most folks want the Union to pay for their benefits, but they don't seem to support the collective bargaining ban in the same numbers.

Its their states thing, and I'll let them decide. It doesn't make a difference to me. I know if my state governor called for the police to track down Senators and force them to vote, I'd be one mad SOB.
These senators impact ALL of us! Dont you realize that they go to Washington and VOTE for Americans. This is NOT a Wisconsin thing!
They should be FIRED for not doing their jobs.
Funny how they could have a say in the matter yet they did not like the outcome so they QUIT doing their jobs and try to defer the responsibility to the GOP
They did not think anything of passing the obamacare behind closed doors and keeping out the conservatives.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
These senators impact ALL of us! Dont you realize that they go to Washington and VOTE for Americans. This is NOT a Wisconsin thing!
They should be FIRED for not doing their jobs.
Funny how they could have a say in the matter yet they did not like the outcome so they QUIT doing their jobs and try to defer the responsibility to the GOP
They did not think anything of passing the obamacare behind closed doors and keeping out the conservatives.
The Wisconsin state senators are voting in DC? It's news to me!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM

89,098 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't deny that, I understand that. He wasn't referring to State employee collective bargaining, as it didn't exist, it was Federal.
Are you really trying to tell us that you are incapable of recognizing that the same premise applies to state and local public employees and the governing bodies with which they negotiate? That's what you want to hang your hat on? An inability to transfer knowledge? Really?!?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong

when you say he I assume you mean FDR,,,,and he dint say what I printed.....but the other stuff he said that in a public speach in 1937

and btw

National Labor Relations Act ("Wagner Act"),Congress enacted the landmark Act in 1935 - the Magna Carta of the American labor movement. It excluded federal, state and local employees. It created the National Labor Relations Board to enforce the rights of labor

sorry your handlers didnt give you the full arguements , bob
I doubt he/she has handlers. There are things in their contracts that are out of control and needs to be curtailed! Things like the state pays 57% I believe towards retirement that is more generous that the taxpayers pay for. They want that brought more in line with what is going on in the private sector. The overtime pay they get when they call in sick then go to work and there is more and more coming out that is just ridiculous!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Because it's not "Union Busting." I reject your premise on its face.

Unions cannot be allowed to shakedown states and municipalities for outrageous demands, especially when their demands are far and away beyond what is commonplace in the private sector.

This is common sense for a financially broke state, and obviously unions and many Democrats are only concerned with themselves.

Your smugness is typical. You rely on bully tactics where you can't make a rational argument based on facts.

Here's an F for you..... F***
Your arguement would be valid if the teachers had not accepted the deal by the state, the only sticking point was collective bargaining in the future. The teachers and Dems would all return to work if the Governor would just drop that one issue so tell me where is the road block is here?
I would think it is You that does not know what or who the real problem is here. Open your eyes and try using just a tiny bit of logic and you might see the big picture, or don't and remain in the dark, life is full of choices.
Casper

Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I hope every teacher, fire fighter, police officer, sanatary worker, etc... goes on strike on Monday and shuts the state down. I KNOW none will ever vote for the sort of POS they have as Gov now, and a reminder, not all union workers are Dems, enjoy the show, the days of right-wing rule is ticking down quickly in Wis and the Nation.
Casper
Did you forget the liberals/dems have been control for how many years now? And we have gone to sh*t because of it!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you really trying to tell us that you are incapable of recognizing that the same premise applies to state and local public employees and the governing bodies with which they negotiate? That's what you want to hang your hat on? An inability to transfer knowledge? Really?!?
As is true today, there are significant differences in State and Federal employee representation.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then you didn't bother to educate yourselves about what you were voting for - Walker's plan was explained to the teachers last August.

What does that say about you?

Keep in mind, the other posters are correct. The public employees are a very small segment of the WI population. The taxpayers they're gouging vastly outnumber them. Your stance on this already has a built-in NET LOSS.
Oh please. Stop acting as if every tax payer is against the unions standing up for their collective bargaining rights, you do know union members are also tax payers, don't you. You rightes just love to twisting reality to fit your POV, too bad for you most thinking folks see your games for what they are. Wait until election time and you will hear them loud and clear.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies