Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in 2012?
Barack Obama 44 40.74%
Donald Trump 12 11.11%
Mitt Romney 4 3.70%
Someone else 31 28.70%
Anyone else 17 15.74%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton if she runs.......otherwise Obama over ANY Republican(because of their agenda). [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2011 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He's stabilized an economy that was in tailspin and he's given confidence to the financial markets. That's all I really NEED him to do.
The following is based on Dow Jones Industrial and Bureau of Economic Analysis stats:

When Barack Obama came into office:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average had decline about 24% in the years George W. Bush Jr. was in office until the day he left.

The economy had NEGATIVE GDP growth.

January 2009 non-farm payrolls showed a LOSS of 779,000 month.

Personal income had decreased on a quarterly basis from Q3 2008 to Q1 2009

Starting in Q1 2008 until Q2 2009 Government Receipts declined every quarter.

Starting Q3 2007 until Q3 2009 Gross Domestic Investment fell in every quarter.

Private Fixed Investment in this country FELL every quarter in this country from Q2 2006 until Q3 2009

Exports declined in Q4 2008 and they decline for every quarter until Q3 2009

Since President Obama has been in office;

The Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen about 40%

The economy has had positive GDP growth for the past 6 quarters.

Non-farm payrolls have increased since October 2010.

Personal Income has increased every quarter Barack Obama has been in office.

Government Receipts have increased every quarter since Q2 2009.

Gross Domestic Investment has increased every quarter since Q4 2009.

Private Fixed Investment has increased every quarter since Q3 2009

Exports increased in Q4 2008 and they increased every quarter since in fact U.S exports are now at RECORD LEVELS. In fact since President Obama has been in office exports have increased 25%.

But on top of that he ended combat operations in Iraq and he's looking to get us out of Afghanistan. These combat operations have been a huge drain on the federal budget and hopefully when they are behind us we can address the national debt.

The repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell and his decision not to defend the Defense of Marriage Act in Court were steps forward to giving all Americans equal rights in this country.
I didn't vote for him in 2008 and proabably will not vote for him in 2012. I didn't vote for McCain either since he and Obama were mirror images as far as their approach to fixing the economy. Having said that, facts are facts and the truth is that the nation has never seen such stock market rally as after Obama's inauguration, and as a 401K investor I couldn't be happier. Also, the reversal of the unemployment trend (from -700K to +200 per month) is impressive. Exports are booming and GDP is growing. So, although I won't vote for him, I refuse to distort the facts.

Besides, president's success is not rated by the opinons of his opponents, but by how many of their goals they reach. You may not agree with the HC reform, or the Wall Street reform, but they count as successes for historians, since they look at what presidents set out to do, and they compare thay against what was accomplished. So far Obama has accomplished most of what he set out to do.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I can't possibly vote in this poll.

I wouldn't vote for Trump, and he isn't going to run. Romney believes in magical bullet proof underwear, and that a man who was married to like 80 wives (many well under age) was the voice of God in America, and that he believes that we are all the children of a polygamist from another planet, and that if you're a good follower someday you'll be your own space god and father your own planet of children.

President Obama I'd rather not vote for, because I believe he has been to weak on foreign and domestic policy. But depending on who he runs against, I may have no choice.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
I might vote for Obama if Louis Farrakhan was the opponent.

Huckabee/Rubio for 2012!!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Because no matter how one looks at it he is still better than anything the GOP can offer at the moment. He is at the helm, like it or not, and changing captains in the middle of a storm is usually a bad idea. He is seeking re-election and the vast majority of Presidents doing so win, people like a known quantity. Get used to the idea. Right now the GOP will be hard pressed to hold onto the House, the Senate by 2012 will most likely be out of reach since the GOP is not drawing many new friends, aka: voters, and are probably losing many others.
Casper

Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
As someone who voted for Mr. Hope N. Change, and would rather vote for a 1 legged nudist circus midget with priapism in 2012 than Obama, I'd like to know why you WOULD re-elect the man.

I'm not trying to throw stones. I really want to know. What has this man actually accomplished for you as a citizen since he took office? How is your life better with Barack Obama running this country? Do tell. Maybe I'm missing something.
.............. let's not knock one legged nudist circus midgets.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I might vote for Obama if Louis Farrakhan was the opponent.

Huckabee/Rubio for 2012!!
Why? Rubio is a new Senator without a lot of experience, and Huckabee lets out cop killers from jail early. Not to mention he's an evangelical that would push for Christian morals to be enforced by law. Or does that not bother you.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I will work to help the Republican Party to nominate the least electable candidate and then vote for President Obama for all the reasons listed by JazzyTallGuy. President Obama is not a progressive or liberal as I would like but at least he understands those concepts. The Republicans only understand greed and count on God's forgiveness for being corrupt thieves. I am not God and I do not forgive being robbed.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Because no matter how one looks at it he is still better than anything the GOP can offer at the moment. He is at the helm, like it or not, and changing captains in the middle of a storm is usually a bad idea. He is seeking re-election and the vast majority of Presidents doing so win, people like a known quantity. Get used to the idea. Right now the GOP will be hard pressed to hold onto the House, the Senate by 2012 will most likely be out of reach since the GOP is not drawing many new friends, aka: voters, and are probably losing many others.
Casper

????????????

Romney, Huckabee, or Trump would be far better presidents. Each has some previous buisness and executive experience.

We have already discovered that community organizers from Kenya are poor presidents. Anyone who would wish four more years of uncontrolled spending, which will result in the demise of the nation, and a foreign policy with no direction whatsoever needs to evaluate their position more carefully. Obviously, the Obama supporters promote him simply because he is a democrat (and no other reason) as his performance as POTUS has been terrible. He is worse than Jimmy Carter by quite a margin.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Why? Rubio is a new Senator without a lot of experience,
Like Obama was, but he'll bring in the hispanic vote like Obama brought the black vote. Makes sense to me for VP, not Prez. I admire Christian values. No problem for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies