Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in 2012?
Barack Obama 44 40.74%
Donald Trump 12 11.11%
Mitt Romney 4 3.70%
Someone else 31 28.70%
Anyone else 17 15.74%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Glad somebody caught it.

After 2 years of Barry, I've realized there is no "we". It's just "I".

It's only "we" at tax time.
Have you noticed that Obama's legislative accomplishments have actually cut your taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM

334 posts, read 188,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Have you noticed that Obama's legislative accomplishments have actually cut your taxes?
We don't need to cut taxes. We need to cut expenses, then cut taxes. You can't simply decide to pay less bills. You need to lower your bills first.

This is why we need a man from the business world in office. Because this clown couldn't run a successful lemonade stand much less a country.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Herman Cain

Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM

146 posts, read 225,189 times
Quote:
Now you're making me laugh. Let's shred these one by one, shall we?

Health Care Reform - Uhhm, reformed how?

Credit card reform - Hah, yes. All of my CC rates went up as a result. Gee thanks Barry. What exactly did we reform? Because other than some meaningless documentation and some slight changes that you could have REQUESTED anyway, nothing happened in MY favor.

Fair Pay Act - LOL........ We need the SOME pay act. No benefit to me.

The "stimulus" - We see how well that worked out. Still no jobs, businesses are closing left and right, and foreclosures actually went UP in January.

Unemployment Bennies - Welfare for the working? How about JOBS? I don't need handouts at less than half my salary. Doesn't do much good.

Repeal Don't Ask, Don't tell - BAD idea. If you understood the social dynamics in the military, you would know just how bad this idea is.

Hate crimes - All crimes are hate crimes. We've only legislated what you can hate, and what you can't.

Hospital LGBT - Fabulous. Still doesn't help me.

Mex Gag Rule - So he went against the majority of Americans. I'm supposed to applaud this? I agree with it, but it's not what the majority of folks want.

Bush tax cuts - LOL........ Those Bush tax cuts serve more than the wealthy. Don't let the campaign rhetoric misdirect you. However we do need to remove the tax cuts for the wealthy, and add credits for the right investments. We don't need to tax them to death. We need to give them incentives to help grow our economy.

EPA - So does that mean the corporations need to leave the cash in a different spot for the inspectors?

One thing this useless SOB has not done is ANYTHING to create or retain jobs. That is our biggest problem, and he needs to focus on that and that alone until it is resolved. Pandering to the gay community is not high on my list of priorities. If gays had any sense, they'd be outraged as well. There are bigger fish to fry.
OK - you clearly did not understand my point on a very fundamental level. So let's try again, shall we?

Believe it or not, some people have different values and priorities than you. That's the nature of a pluralistic democracy such as the United States. The title of your thread invites people to note why we would vote for Obama over a Republican. If you wanted to rant like a petulant teenager as to why you are not planning to vote for Obama, you should have named the thread accordingly.

Clearly, my values and priorities - and according to your own poll, the values/priorities of at least two dozen people who have bothered to visit this thread - do not align with yours. That's fine. I will be voting for Obama in 2012, for the aforementioned list of reasons and many more, and you will vote for somebody else. The person who gets the most votes will win. That's democracy, but for some reason, it seems to offend you that somebody *dare* have values/priorities different than yours. That is rather baffling to me. If you have a problem with popular vote elections and the democratic process, America is not the country for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Well, if he picks another dysfunctional woman for the Supreme Court, I'll have a perfect reason to emigrate to southern France.
To disagree with her view points or prior court rulings is understandable, but what dysfuction as a woman are you refering to?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will work to help the Republican Party to nominate the least electable candidate and then vote for President Obama for all the reasons listed by JazzyTallGuy. President Obama is not a progressive or liberal as I would like but at least he understands those concepts. The Republicans only understand greed and count on God's forgiveness for being corrupt thieves. I am not God and I do not forgive being robbed.
You don't forgive being robbed? I guess you hadn't heard about the $105.5 billion Obama allowed the Dems to insert deep in the signature law so that it wasn't found until after it went into effect. If we weren't robbed on that one I think there is a chance that we are really being robbed by the fuzzy math used to take that $500 billion from Medicare in the next 10 years and then saying that it is being done to save Medicare. This lie is a bigger one than Obama talking about what would have to be done about Gitmo and then backing off this week on that one.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
OK - you clearly did not understand my point on a very fundamental level. So let's try again, shall we?

Believe it or not, some people have different values and priorities than you. That's the nature of a pluralistic democracy such as the United States. The title of your thread invites people to note why we would vote for Obama over a Republican. If you wanted to rant like a petulant teenager as to why you are not planning to vote for Obama, you should have named the thread accordingly.

Clearly, my values and priorities - and according to your own poll, the values/priorities of at least two dozen people who have bothered to visit this thread - do not align with yours. That's fine. I will be voting for Obama in 2012, for the aforementioned list of reasons and many more, and you will vote for somebody else. The person who gets the most votes will win. That's democracy, but for some reason, it seems to offend you that somebody *dare* have values/priorities different than yours. That is rather baffling to me.
Your "values" are destroying the country. Excuse me while I find that offensive. You need to grow up a bit and recognize that social issues, while important, are secondary to a prosperous country.

Prosperity, by itself, improves social issues. Call it trickle down management. However if you focus primarily on the social issues, and disregard the fundamentals, BOTH the fundamentals and the social issues will crumble. As we're seeing right now.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM

146 posts, read 225,189 times
Quote:
Your "values" are destroying the country. Excuse me while I find that offensive. You need to grow up a bit and recognize that social issues, while important, are secondary to a prosperous country.

Prosperity, by itself, improves social issues. Call it trickle down management. However if you focus primarily on the social issues, and disregard the fundamentals, BOTH the fundamentals and the social issues will crumble. As we're seeing right now.
Though this is getting pointless - let me try for a 3rd time.

My fiscal and economic values do not align with those of the Republican Party. Am I being clear? Is this really so difficult to understand? There are scarcely any agreements that I have with Republicans on matters related to our economy. I believe in progressive taxation, I do not believe that regulation is inherently deleterious to economic growth, I do not support unbridled free trade, I support heavy government involvement to bolster post-carbon energy production.

I could really care less if you find my viewpoints offensive. Scream and cry and rant and insult me all that you want (though I might add, that type of behavior hardly makes people take you seriously.) My vote is equivalent to yours, and again, if that bothers you so much, a democratic society is not a good fit for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
Though this is getting pointless - let me try for a 3rd time.

My fiscal and economic values do not align with those of the Republican Party. Am I being clear? Is this really so difficult to understand? There are scarcely any agreements that I have with Republicans on matters related to our economy. I believe in progressive taxation, I do not believe that regulation is inherently deleterious to economic growth, I do not support unbridled free trade, I support heavy government involvement to bolster post-carbon energy production.

I could really care less if you find my viewpoints offensive. Scream and cry and rant and insult me all that you want. My vote is equivalent to yours, and again, if that bothers you so much, a democratic society is not a good fit for you.
Yes, I understand what you're saying, and I don't agree with it. It's not about party, it's about results. If it were purely about party, we wouldn't need a primary now would we?

Oh wait, did you expect to respond to my OP without any criticism? I'm sorry if that's what you expected.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
I will be voting AGAINST hussein obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies