Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
News flash, even straight students are bullied in public schools, which are run by liberal teachers and principals. To single out one group as a victim that needs protection is wrong.

It may be wrong but it's also damn good politics.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
They robbed him because they wanted money to buy drugs.

They picked a gay person because for some reason they thought a gay person would be an easier target.

This leads any rational person to conclude had they not been able to find a gay person they would have robbed a straight. As people that want drugs will do anything to get them.

Typical of the left. Anyone that doesn't agree with every little claim they make is a homophobe. Yawn. Boring. Childish. Shows a lack of intelligence.
Duh.. they went to a gay bar, what are the odds of finding a gay person at a gay bar? 100% It is you that is being childishly stubborn and intolerant.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Nope....kids aren't born fat. But I'm not going to try to force-feed the little ones and tell 'em that it's a good thing.
Kids with glasses, kids with red hair, kids with pimples, kids with mild deformities (duck walk, pigeon toed, off centered eye for example), kids who stutter, and many more are examples of kids who are bullied for how they were born. They all deserve protection from bullies. Not just the homosexual students.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Can you point out to me where I said anything like that? Of course I don't condone violence. Honestly...that's what drives us crazy about you liberals. No, we don't hate kids, women, or gay people. Of course we want people to be treated right.

But the fact of the matter is, life isn't fair, and if you act in an immoral way, or if you act abnormal, you will draw attention to yourself...that's just the way it is.
Will you Please stop making this about politics.......can't you get it through your head......this issue affects CHILDREN and their welfare/well being.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Kids with glasses, kids with red hair, kids with pimples, kids with mild deformities (duck walk, pigeon toed, off centered eye for example), kids who stutter, and many more are examples of kids who are bullied for how they were born. They all deserve protection from bullies. Not just the homosexual students.
Yup. Kids are cruel.

So why again would you want to try to encourage a kid to express even MORE behavior that will get them picked on?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Yup. Kids are cruel.

So why again would you want to try to encourage a kid to express even MORE behavior that will get them picked on?
Wow, my point went right over your head. Instead of singling out one group of students to be protected from bullying, how about the school(teachers, principals, and school board) do something about the bullies; even if they're the star player or head cheerleader.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I've certainly never said such a thing. My next door neighbors are a very nice black family. But then, they were born that way, and they don't choose the color of their skin.
OH PLEASE it's SCIENTIFIC FACT that gay people DO NOT choose to be gay......that's just an uneducated post and you obviously have not read the links...so I'll post them yet again>>>>>

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

Sexual orientation and its basis in brain structure and function

Facts About Changing Sexual Orientation

OY VEY.....people refuse to read the truth so they can hold onto their unscientific beliefs....so that way they can justify their homophobia....in their own minds...very sad!!!!!.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Duh.. they went to a gay bar, what are the odds of finding a gay person at a gay bar? 100% It is you that is being childishly stubborn and intolerant.
the fireside lounge was a gay bar? link?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
How about not acting in such a way that you draw attention to yourself? It doesn't excuse kids for trying to bully others...but really. Kids are kids....let's teach our kids that some behavior is not appropriate--and whether it's school or the office, some behavior will cause you to get picked on.
So kids with glasses should not wear them, kids who were like me with red hair and freckles should just change our hair color, or being overweight, I guess one should just lose the weight or suffer ridicule and harassment. The behavior causing the bullying is the intolerance being promoted by parents, schools the the over all population. Telling the victim that it is their fault is no solution to a vast problem. You are suggesting that kids suffering abuse at the hands of other students should be held responsible for their being bullied. Your logic is as flawed as my step dads was. Kids learn their behavior from their parents. Bullying is intolerance and should be stopped, not tolerated.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
News flash, even straight students are bullied in public schools, which are run by liberal teachers and principals. To single out one group as a victim that needs protection is wrong.
NEWSFLASH.......is that the best you can do???? This thread is about gay bullying....I never said that all types of kids aren't bullied. STAY ON TOPIC!...and Feel free to start a straight bullying or general bullying thread of your own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.