Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What do you expect when you have conservatives teaching their children that hating gays is okay? Our society torments and abuses gay youth.

That's the reason we have such a high rate of gay teenage homelessness and an epidemic of gay teenagers turning to self-destructive behaviors such as drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous sex, and even suicide. Like many victims of abuse, they often seek self-medication.

Every gay teenager that kills him or herself is just more blood on the hands of hatemongering, bigoted, homophobic conservatives.

my next door neighbors are democrat and believe that sexuality is a choice and not their choice in their home or at any public school. so please do not blame only conservatives when there are people on both sides that believe that mantra you spouted off with.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
my next door neighbors are democrat and believe that sexuality is a choice and not their choice in their home or at any public school. so please do not blame only conservatives when there are people on both sides that believe that mantra you spouted off with.
Yes. That definitely settles it. Your anecdote about your "democrat next door neighbors" make it obvious that the hate spawns from both sides

It is the conservatives who fight for DOMA, against marriage equality, and everyone who has posted anti-gay bigoted drivel in this discussion is a known conservative... But your "next door neighbors" trump that.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Hell I used to get made fun of in school for having good grades.

Kids are going to find something to pick on you about, thats what kids do. How do you fix that? Parenting, but honestly, I don't think draconian measures are going to fix anything.

Educate children, let them know that being gay is ok, normal, and fine. Beyond that, there is little that I feel can be done.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Gay bullying is the new made-up issue of the day.

Gays will lie about anything to get "equal" rights. It's pathetic.
"Made-up issue"? You're kidding, right? Why don't you go ahead and list a few of these "lies" you think gays and their advocates (like me) are spreading. And I will show you some of the really ridiculous lies I've seen and heard from those on your side of the discussions.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I can only remember a handful of guys at school that may qualify as "gay" based on their feminine demeanor. Whether they were really gay or not, I have no clue. With that being said, I don't recall any of them being subjected to mass bullying. I'm of the opinion that since homosexuals have made it a point to bring the Homosexual Agenda to the forefront, it is they who are to blame for the treatment they receive. If gays weren't bullied when I was in school (80's) when "in the closet" was the thing to do, then why shouldn't we believe that being "out of the closet" is the reason for the increase in bullying? Seems like a direct correlation to me, with the Homosexual Agenda bearing all of the blame.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Speaking of propaganda.... your post is an excellent example.
TOUCHE'.....and such pretty gay colors too.....I thank him for his colorful text and proving that homophobia starts at home......per this definition>>>>>

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yes. That definitely settles it. Your anecdote about your "democrat next door neighbors" make it obvious that the hate spawns from both sides

It is the conservatives who fight for DOMA, against marriage equality, and everyone who has posted anti-gay bigoted drivel in this discussion is a known conservative... But your "next door neighbors" trump that.
Don't be so ignorant, it's a proven fact that in CA prop 8 would have never come close to passing without the votes of the democratic leaning black population who is as anti-gay as any group around but you don't attack them because you need their votes in presidential elections.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ohio, I am wondering how you would feel if one of your children came out as gay? Would you be concerned for their emotional well-being and safety? I have heard many parents--even those who support LGBT rights--say they HOPE their children are not gay , because of the difficulties they will face in life. Number one being mistreatment at the hands of homophobes. Wouldn't you agree?
It appears to me that some posters seem to condone bullying and violence as evidenced by their posts.......very sad role models indeed.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
How about not acting in such a way that you draw attention to yourself? It doesn't excuse kids for trying to bully others...but really. Kids are kids....let's teach our kids that some behavior is not appropriate--and whether it's school or the office, some behavior will cause you to get picked on.
How do you know the circumstances in which all 6,000 plus respondents were involved in??????

And ......so you condone bullying and violence in school against children because some children "bring it on themselves".

This thread is exposing why we have these problems in our schools and apparently where they start.

THANKYOU ALL for your input....it's been eye opening!!!!!:s hocked:.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this thread is a perfect example of why tolerance should be taught in our schools.
Yes it is. But the problems then come from the fact that the kids go home after school and hear their parents expounding on why "this one" or "that one" shouldn't be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies