Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,938,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most women who refer to themselves as feminists really do hate men, they resent men. There are women who don't feel at all inferior, make good money, can compete on equal terms but would never call themselves feminists.
Why would they NEVER call themselves feminists? Because they have been trained by males that "feminism" is a dirty word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,582,475 times
Feminism is social, political and economic equality for women. It's not about hating anyone, it's not about who you are intimate with, it's not about your style, or your mannerisms, or wanting special treatment.

What is with all the demeaning disrespect on this thread?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This is hysterical! Thanks for posting

Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,231 times
A normal woman might transform into a feminist because these radical feminists has spread their propaganda. She now sees men different and now wants women for a partner.

Feminism promotes gender segregation, although I'm in favor or gender segregation for different reasons.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I’m not a lesbian.

I love men.

But I also believe in equal pay and rights for women.

Do you hate me?

I don’t believe all men would rape if they got the chance. That’s ludicrous. Clearly it sounds like these women were quite extreme.

I do believe some men hate women though. I don’t know if this stems from the way their mother treated them or from other things. I have a friend who, after being stung too many times, believes all women are just sluts who will use you for your money, then leave you. I find his attitude very bitter and sad.
Most feminists are CRAZY. Women are equally important as men, although their roles are different, women are just as important as men are. Feminists go way over board. They want to be above men, and are trying to get society to see things their way. I believe in equal pay for equal work, but I do think that there are certain jobs out there that women should not do.
I do not think women should fight in combat, and before you go all nuts over this comment, my mother was a captian in the Army, and most of my family is either in the military, or a veteran. Half of them have fought in combat and what they said about it, makes me think even more that I am correct.
I do not think that women should be firefighters. My brother is a firefighter and his department HAD to hire a woman. This woman weighed over 300lbs, and therefore could not proform her duties, but they had to keep her on. Like my brother said, you have to be able to carry an unconscience person out of a burning building, and she can't even get up a flight of steps without huffing and puffing. She could not pick him up and get him out. But because she was a woman, they had to hire and keep her. A Waste of money, IMHO.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Most feminists are CRAZY. Women are equally important as men, although their roles are different, women are just as important as men are. Feminists go way over board. They want to be above men, and are trying to get society to see things their way. I believe in equal pay for equal work, but I do think that there are certain jobs out there that women should not do.
I do not think women should fight in combat, and before you go all nuts over this comment, my mother was a captian in the Army, and most of my family is either in the military, or a veteran. Half of them have fought in combat and what they said about it, makes me think even more that I am correct.
I do not think that women should be firefighters. My brother is a firefighter and his department HAD to hire a woman. This woman weighed over 300lbs, and therefore could not proform her duties, but they had to keep her on. Like my brother said, you have to be able to carry an unconscience person out of a burning building, and she can't even get up a flight of steps without huffing and puffing. She could not pick him up and get him out. But because she was a woman, they had to hire and keep her. A Waste of money, IMHO.
Are they required to keep a man who can't perform his duties? If not than the women should have been legally fired.

Feminism is simply about equal opportunity and respect, not women wanting to be above men, men and women have an equal right to do any job they are capable of, if a woman, (or a man) is physically incapable of doing the job they shouldn't be hired. A true feminist wants no special privileges, in real equality people succeed or fail based on merit and ability alone.

If a woman can physically do the tasks needed for combat there is no reason she shouldn't be allowed to fight.

Feminism has absolutely nothing to do with hating men, or being a lesbian, many men are feminists. I am a feminist and I love men, I appreciate the differences between men and women, and believe that both men and women have a lot to offer society, and each other. I don't want any special privileges, nor did I need any to achieve success in my life.

Last edited by detshen; 03-08-2011 at 08:32 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I never considered myself a feminist up until recently when I realised just how appalling I find the whole father giving his daughter away to her husband like some piece of land that comes with traditional marriage. It’s something I had never even thought about before.

I am of course also right behind women’s rights, e.g. equal pay etc.

Independent women to me are an inspiration. They have done it all on their own, without the help of any man. They are comfortable in their own skin, confident, and perfectly happy to be single. Does admiring these women make me a ball-breaking feminist? Does it make me delusional as "all women want to be married and those who say they don't are liars" in the eyes of some?

Feminism seems to have gained a rather ugly image. It is seen by a lot of people (mainly men) as something only “overweight bitter lesbians†take part in.

It’s also seen by a lot of people as women being unclear about what they want – some complain when a man doesn’t open the door/pull out their chair/pay the cheque, but then some become insulted when a man does these things. They find it degrading, i.e. I am an independent women and I am completely capable of doing these things myself, thank you very much.

So what do you think makes someone a feminist?
Believing in equal human rights makes anyone, female or male, a feminist.

Yes, misogynists like to rip them up but ignorant slobbering women hating fools will always exist...like cockroaches. FEAR of women makes them hate women....

Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Lots of men can't do their jobs and don't get fired....why aren't you upset about that???

AND, please do NOT vote again!

FEMINISTS got YOU the right to vote and they were considered radical, they were beaten, jailed, divorced and disowned so YOU could vote...have some decency and do NOT vote.

Feminists also got you equal pay for equal work so please ask your boss to cut your pay so it's lower than all the men you work with...have some decency and back up your opinion!!!

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 03-08-2011 at 08:52 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,938,938 times
Quote:
What is an "unconscience person" Are you one?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
What is an "unconscience person" Are you one?
Clearly one who has fainted and lose conscious control of their voluntary skeletal muscles and nervous system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies