Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,806 times

Advertisements

I dislike feminists. They are too extreme for me.

However, I do believe in feminism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I dislike feminists. They are too extreme for me.

However, I do believe in feminism
A feminist is simply someone who believes in feminism which is equal rights and opportunties for women. Judgeing by your own statement, you are a feminist, most intelligent, logical people are

All the other stuff about humorless, anti feminine women who hate men is simply about people who incorrectly use the term feminism to push their negative agenda.

Last edited by detshen; 03-08-2011 at 11:46 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 11:51 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Most feminists are CRAZY. Women are equally important as men, although their roles are different, women are just as important as men are. Feminists go way over board. They want to be above men, and are trying to get society to see things their way. I believe in equal pay for equal work, but I do think that there are certain jobs out there that women should not do.
I do not think women should fight in combat, and before you go all nuts over this comment, my mother was a captian in the Army, and most of my family is either in the military, or a veteran. Half of them have fought in combat and what they said about it, makes me think even more that I am correct.
I do not think that women should be firefighters. My brother is a firefighter and his department HAD to hire a woman. This woman weighed over 300lbs, and therefore could not proform her duties, but they had to keep her on. Like my brother said, you have to be able to carry an unconscience person out of a burning building, and she can't even get up a flight of steps without huffing and puffing. She could not pick him up and get him out. But because she was a woman, they had to hire and keep her. A Waste of money, IMHO.
This post is right on the money.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
Femenists don't have any intrest in men what so ever. So Femenists are basicly either asexual or lesbian.

I watched a little bit about a documentary about Femenism. And one of those hags said that all men rape, or would rape if they got the chance. They said complete networks of men who hate women() exist and their sole purpose is to basicly rape and kill women.

They also showed how these femenists had convinced a group of women that they were supposedly hunted by this secret network of men who hate women so they had to go hide in Norway.

Pretty much all of the Femenists in the documentary were Lesbians and all of them were convinced ALL men rape.

I could link to this Documentary(its on youtube)... But it's in Swedish. Sweden have probably the most extreme femenists in the World and the most of them. I assume you are in the U.S. I don't know if the Femenists over there are as extreme... But Swedish femenists are hardcore, they genuinly hate men, they remind me of Nazis... Blaming everything on men all the time, infact if you took that documentary and replaced the word "man" with the word "jew" every time it would come off as a typical Nazi propaganda video.

I hate everybody who hates me. So I feel nothing but pure hatred for femenists, and I wish them nothing but bad things.
WOW.
Feminists are lesbians or asexual?
Are you saying that men don't rape? Who made this "documentary"? And when? How about a link?
So, a fringe documentary in Swedish is what defines US feminism for you.

Read posts from some men (and some women) on CD, they are misogynistic and filled with vitriol.

Do you want your mother/sister/daughter to be paid less than a man simply because of her gender?

You're very confused, too much RW radio perhaps?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 AM

90 posts, read 153,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Believing in equal human rights makes anyone, female or male, a feminist.

Yes, misogynists like to rip them up but ignorant slobbering women hating fools will always exist...like cockroaches. FEAR of women makes them hate women....
I don't hate women. But from what I have seen theres just as many women who hate men(maybe even more) and they are Femenists, alright I realise not all Femenists are as extreme. But there are more than many Feminazis who hates men.

I find it funny that you have the nerve to call me a Misogynist... Femenists are the ones saying All men rape, All men kill, All men are bad, The world would be a better place without men and so and so on... You seriously don't think some men are gonna take offence?

Like I said, I only hate those who hate me. And I have EVERY right to.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Most feminists are CRAZY. Women are equally important as men, although their roles are different, women are just as important as men are. Feminists go way over board. They want to be above men, and are trying to get society to see things their way. I believe in equal pay for equal work, but I do think that there are certain jobs out there that women should not do.
Simply put the definition of a feminist is a person that advocates equal rights for women that's it.

Unfortunately a lot of women have, and deservedly so, given the term a bad name.
Truth is when I picture a feminist I picture a woman from the Northeast, say Boston or NYC, tall, skinny, with stringy, thin scraggily hair, glasses with extreme liberals views. And yes, many have disdain for men.

And every once in awhile show up debating Bill O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor. Oh, and they may or may not have a degree in Women's study!

Last edited by Booya; 03-09-2011 at 04:13 AM..

Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
I'm all for equal job/equal pay...but what is it with some of the more gung ho feminists (ones I've known over the years) who try to "de-sex" themselves, or purposely look unattractive? The ones who seem to have a "uniform" - Dockers, clunky shoes, unflattering eye glasses, no makeup, etc. The character "Pat" from SNL sometimes comes to mind, but the women I'm talking about were quite obviously female. And no, I don't think they were all lesbians, either (some of them may have been). Is it to avoid looking "feminine" or fear of attention from the "enemy"? And they always seem to be so angry.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Feminist

(n.): a woman who challenges a man to a fist fight because she thinks she can win, but as soon as the guy punches back she claims the guy should not be hitting women and makes a huge scene about how all men beat women.

(adj.) a word describing a woman with complete disdain for any kind or caring gestures from a man, yet quick to complain if a man doesn't do something

Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
I think if a man holds the door open for you and you complain your a nutcase, id slam the door in their face next time.

Theres feminism where you believe in equality in the workplace, female works while man stays home, etc.

and then theres simply man-hating.

If you disfavor the whole father giving away the daughter, do you also disfavor the husband buying and presenting the engagement ring? A woman should be ablle to do the same to the man too right? Where do you draw the line between tradition and sexism?
Are you really saying that feminism where if they don't agree with you, they're man-hating.
Really? Shhhh, your misogyny is showing.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I never considered myself a feminist up until recently when I realized just how appalling I find the whole father giving his daughter away to her husband like some piece of land that comes with traditional marriage. It’s something I had never even thought about before.

I am of course also right behind women’s rights, e.g. equal pay etc.

Independent women to me are an inspiration. They have done it all on their own, without the help of any man. They are comfortable in their own skin, confident, and perfectly happy to be single. Does admiring these women make me a ball-breaking feminist? Does it make me delusional as "all women want to be married and those who say they don't are liars" in the eyes of some?

Feminism seems to have gained a rather ugly image. It is seen by a lot of people (mainly men) as something only “overweight bitter lesbians” take part in.

It’s also seen by a lot of people as women being unclear about what they want – some complain when a man doesn’t open the door/pull out their chair/pay the cheque, but then some become insulted when a man does these things. They find it degrading, i.e. I am an independent women and I am completely capable of doing these things myself, thank you very much.

So what do you think makes someone a feminist?

Well, you got a lot going on here VaNiLaGoRilLa, but I'll try to answer your question...

Like all enlightened persons, what makes a man or woman a true feminist is a conscious and full understanding that we are all creatures of our own biological adaptations living in a time of plenty and relative security which has made much of what brought us here irrelevant to our present mode of living but that we are nevertheless emotionally tethered to age-old gender specific drives that will be with us all our lives. With that in mind, I gleefully embrace my primitive self knowing I'll never be happy unless my inner cave-man is accommodated. Likewise, I make every effort to understand ancient female drives as they appear in the women I interact with and which may on the surface seem illogical (like talking all the time) knowing it wouldn't exist today if it didn't serve a purpose. The key to human happiness is understanding our inherited traits, how they function in both men and women and not to deny them or criticize them but to enjoy them in a civilized and mutually respectful manor.

Last edited by momonkey; 03-09-2011 at 05:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies