Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Zero tolerance" is just the lazy persons's way was of getting to exercise "zero common sense"
Zero tolerance in this case is the equivalent of saying a rapist and a rape victim are equally guilty. Hey, under zero tolerance, they both participated, therefore they must be punished equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Well I'll bet that not many kids are going to be bothering that big boy from now on...The little twerp got what he deserved.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Apologize my azz...the bully got off easy.

Imagine if the victim had just let out all his frustrations on the kid after he was down.

When he slammed the bully, I thought his leg would be broken after it hit that concrete fixture.

The mother reminds me of foolish parents who think their child can do no wrong.
The mother expects her bully son to apologize. This story got some crazy warping in the spinning of the tale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zof8YvvZNI4&NR=1

This police officer is misguided in her advice which is typical of most Law Enforcement agency training. I think the right to self defense should be upheld by officers, particularly when they can't be everywhere at all times to prevent violence. They are in effect 'creating' sheep & imposing martyrdom with this legal philosophy imposed on social norms.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The school had to suspend both children. It must do everything within reason to discourage any kind of violence. Bully or not no one wants to see a 10 year old seriously injured.
Bullies only understand one thing and this one got a lesson.

Maybe if more of this happened bullying wouldn't be such a big problem.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:07 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
The little punk bully should have been taught NOT to pick on someone much bigger then you who can body slam your sorry butt if you bully them.

I heard the boy ask him to please stop and the little wanna be tough boy did not and got his clock ringed.

The Mom should have raised a smarter kid and taught him to not pick on others.

If anything the Mom owes the boy a big thank you for doing her a favor by only slamming him once and did not continue to kick his sorry butt all over the place.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The school had to suspend both children. It must do everything within reason to discourage any kind of violence. Bully or not no one wants to see a 10 year old seriously injured.

Maybe he shouldn't have tried to injure the other kid..............

Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Good for the kid, stupid school suspended him for as long a period of time as the bully...typical mindless school reaction.
Could have been a pretty thoughtful reaction. Suspending them both makes the big kid an equal rather than a victim in the minds of the kids. Maybe this is a bit of prison thinking but--this is public school, it's basically a prison and kids can be savages.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:04 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I agree totally. The only person I disagree with is the mother demanding an apology. She should be sitting her son down for a long lecture on the evils of bullying people and how lucky he is that he didn't get more seriously hurt. He got the crop that he sewed.
I have no sympathy for this woman. She made a bad situation, for her family, worse by demanding an apology.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I'm sure the punishment was put in place before the video appeared.

The video was not shown at the time of punishment.
For all the school knew it was just a fight.

I'm sure they know the justice of it all now.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Official leadership (schools, government, the police) hates the idea of people standing up for themselves. Apparently the bullied kid should have put up with any abuse the bully wanted to dish out, and "reported" it to school officials, who would then call the bully in and give him a good talking-to. Said bully would then attack the victim more viciously in retribution for reporting him.

Lesson in real-life: if you're going to be a bully, eventually someone is going to take some serious revenge.
Columbine

This "punish the one who strikes back" policy has been going on in schools for a long time. The sad fact is, sometimes the bullies are very much admired kids, and the bullied are often perceived as a little 'different'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies