Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Leave it to a Birther to say something ridiculous as the above.
Casper
The "ridiculous" part of this discussion is people saying they remember when a child with no particular notariety was born. Why the hell would they ever remember the birth of a non-descript child unless he was a relative or the child of famous parents?

Answer- they would not.

I have witnessed the births of probably a few thousand kids. Can I remember any one of them? No, not unless the birth was accompanied by severe complications.

About the only birth to otherwise non descript parents in human history which was recounted was the birth of Christ. That is about it. To suggest that non relatives remembered Obama's birth is beyond ridiculous and is just another attempt by the left to cover (again) for their favorite failed politician.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you believe that same level of respect should be afforded to those who believe....:

- george bush orchestrated the attacks on 9/11.

- that nasa never travelled to the moon.

- that the government is covering up the remains of a UFO that crashed in roswell, NM.

.... and if not, why?
I think that respect should be afforded to everyone. I don't think that every idea should automatically be afforded respect. I think that ideas, fixations, or beliefs that are demonstrably wrong require that all of us, over and over, however long it takes, continue to show that the facts do not support such ideas, fixations or beliefs. Provide the facts, but don't disrespect those who've been misinformed.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Actually, anyone who claims intellectual
superiority, for argument sake, is simply
a jack ass.
Why are you calling laysayfair a jackass?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "ridiculous" part of this discussion is people saying they remember when a child with no particular notariety was born. Why the hell would they ever remember the birth of a non-descript child unless he was a relative or the child of famous parents?

Answer- they would not.

I have witnessed the births of probably a few thousand kids. Can I remember any one of them? No, not unless the birth was accompanied by severe complications.

About the only birth to otherwise non descript parents in human history which was recounted was the birth of Christ. That is about it. To suggest that non relatives remembered Obama's birth is beyond ridiculous and is just another attempt by the left to cover (again) for their favorite failed politician.
I absolutely agree and said just that in my post. All CNN is doing here is adding fuel to the already burning mystery by printing that crap. Anyone who has an ounce of common sense knows this is pure BS. After over 2 years of this being debated, this group just comes out now??? LOL, I wonder how much they were paid.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think that respect should be afforded to everyone. I don't think that every idea should automatically be afforded respect. I think that ideas, fixations, or beliefs that are demonstrably wrong require that all of us, over and over, however long it takes, continue to show that the facts do not support such ideas, fixations or beliefs. Provide the facts, but don't disrespect those who've been misinformed.
I agree...

I can not count the number of times I have been asked for my qualifications by customers.

And I am sure they would have not asked a man.

I have even been asked, "honey, will your husband be here?". lol

That is OK because the most important thing to me is my customers have their questions answered.

After all, they are paying the bill.

Just like the tax payers pay Obama.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Where's the which-doctor's signature?

YouTube - Witch Doctor - Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing

Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
This is amazing.

Poll: What kind of president would Donald Trump make? - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Still, in the USA TODAY poll, only 38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA, and 18% say he probably was. Fifteen percent say he probably was born in another country, and 9% say he definitely was born elsewhere.
Trump...the seeds of doubt.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:

Answer- they would not.

Ohh man. They remember 50 years ago like it was yesterday! The facial details, the weight and height and they even remembered he was black (although they didn't remember the part about him being white because whites were rampant in Hawaii at that time).

Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:

Answer- they would not.

The witnesses connections to Obama have been explained. They seem pretty reasonable to anyone that doesn't have some kind of emotional investment in believing Obama is Kenyan, in spite of all evidence.

The evidence is the only thing that matters, and it indicates that your conspiracy theory is unfounded. Every attempt at a private objective investigation has shown this, or else failed to show evidence of a conspiracy. Every court that has examined the issue has concluded this. Every agency that has been charged with looking into it has found this.

It's a done deal. The only purpose Birthers now serve is to discredit anyone and anything that can be at all associated with them. Even Banshee Bachmann won't go there.

Take a hint. Your position is unsupportable, and kind of embarrassing.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
<snip>Trump...the seeds of doubt.
The seeds he's planting proves without a doubt that he is nucking futs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies