Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:06 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no you didnt.. you just made more accusations..

Accusations to support other accusations, without any facts, is not answering a question..

Actually I'm not a slave to corporatism. I've been self employed for over 10 years.. Congragulations on being wrong yet again...
If I could find a manual on all of this, I would link to it. MSM would never touch upon any of this. That said, it's so damn obvious how all of it works.

I should have said we are all slaves to corporatism. I said you are a "productive slave" because you don't oppose and complain about corporations. You support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,884 times
This article shows who really owns the Environmental movement and many of the funders here also are CFR sponsors. Its like spokes in a wheel - follow the money:

United Nations | Who Owns the Environmentalist Movement?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Actually the totally clueless individuals who be those who watch a 2 minute video online which makes claims that businesses are supporting terrorism, and then you have to attack others who ask HOW..
You did not ask how, you claimed it to be "garbage" without supporting your claim with any rational argument.

Quote:
I know.. its a video on the internet, so it must be true right?
It's video testimony of a person testifying to his involvement. If you believe he is lying, then you need to present your evidence proving those lies. Otherwise, you offer nothing but your opinion, with nothing to support it.

Quote:
I know who the man is, I keep his Confessions of an Economic Hitman book in my library. That doesnt mean COKE is supporting terrorism like he claimed.
Well, maybe you should take it down from the shelf and actually read it? Then, present your evidence showing that the book is wrong?

Quote:
The man did not come along and spell out anything clearly.. He made nonsensical attacks backed by.. well nothing.. and we have liberals here all proclaiming he proved something but you cant tell me what he proved.
First, I'm not a liberal. Secondly, he does spell it out quite succinctly in his description of the process and all its phases, from initial attempts at corruption, to overthrow and assassination, to military action when the other techniques fail to produce the desired results.

Quote:
Again, tell me how COKE, supports terrorism.. Tell me since I seemed to have missed this "news" in the video making the link..
Well, first, you are creating a straw man argument .. because nowhere in the video does he make a direct link between coca cola and terrorism. That is your association. What he does is link large, multinational corporations and their control over governments around the world, and the disastrous effects of that type of control.

Quote:
Ahhh, boo hoo hoo.. you attacked American Idol, NFL etc and thought this was meaningful to the discussion.. FAIL.. its not.. I dont watch either.. Again.. how did COKE, support terrorism?
Boo hoo hoo? How old are you anyway? 7? What's next? "your grandma wears combat boots ? "I double dog dare you" ?

Quote:
Nice quote, but just adds babble to the thread because it has nothing to do with the video
But it does have a direct relationship to childish comments.

Quote:
The video was long on attacks, short on facts.. Tell me how COKE, supports terrorism?
And what facts have you presented here? That you buy books that you don't bother to read? That when faced with adult debate that you respond "Boo hoo hoo" ?

Making blanket statements like "That is all garbage" without any basis for the statement is nonsensical rhetoric, and insulting to the posters. If you have a rational argument to present against, then do it ... in the mean time ... try reading ... here's some good info on the coca cola corporation:

The Coca-Cola Company Under the Nazis

The Coca Cola Corporation has been involved and associated to lots of dubious practices, from literally draining local water supplies to the point of harming agriculture production, to the use of slave labor in countries which didn't frown upon such things.

I would venture a guess that if the average American in the 1940's knew that Coca Cola Corp was quenching the thirsts of enemy soldiers in WW II, the public would have been very unhappy.

However, it's not quite as bad as American car manufacturers building Nazi war vehicles DURING the war ... but I bet you didn't know about that either ... did you?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
A short video that does a great job of outlining how our government, the military and corporations conduct business around the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YfwqiBBebo

Greg Palast BBC reporter, excellent doc. on linktv today regarding deutschebank, worldbank and corruption...thanks for posting

and watch for trolls here....many from far right watched....

Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
If I could find a manual on all of this, I would link to it. MSM would never touch upon any of this. That said, it's so damn obvious how all of it works.

I should have said we are all slaves to corporatism. I said you are a "productive slave" because you don't oppose and complain about corporations. You support them.
No.. we are not all slaves to corporatism.. If you think you are, then I feel sorry for you..
[MOD CUT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You did not ask how, you claimed it to be "garbage" without supporting your claim with any rational argument.

It's video testimony of a person testifying to his involvement. If you believe he is lying, then you need to present your evidence proving those lies. Otherwise, you offer nothing but your opinion, with nothing to support it.
Actually thats not how it works.. The video made claims that companies like Coke, supported terrorism.. Its the video that needs to support their claims.. it did not.. Funny how you take the video at face value with all of their claims, but not asking for anything to support it.. Why is that?
Quote:
Well, maybe you should take it down from the shelf and actually read it? Then, present your evidence showing that the book is wrong?
I have read it.. the book has nothing to do with the claims in the video. And again, I dont need to show evidence that anything is wrong.. if the book, or the video is making a claim, they must substantiate the claims.. thats how it works.. Someone doesnt get to claim you rape little children and it be a fact unless of course there is evidence to support the claims.. No different here, you cant claim Coke is supporting terrorism without evidence.. Nope.. none here..
Quote:
First, I'm not a liberal. Secondly, he does spell it out quite succinctly in his description of the process and all its phases, from initial attempts at corruption, to overthrow and assassination, to military action when the other techniques fail to produce the desired results.
Actually he doesnt.. he jumps around making claim after claim, not backing one claim up with anything.. But hey, some of you guys dont need evidence, you heard it online so it must be true.. Ooh the guy wrote a book as well.. Yep.. so now people who wrote books no longer need to backup their claims with evidence.. my how the standards have fallen..
Quote:
Well, first, you are creating a straw man argument .. because nowhere in the video does he make a direct link between coca cola and terrorism. That is your association. What he does is link large, multinational corporations and their control over governments around the world, and the disastrous effects of that type of control.
Clearly you didnt watch the link because he did attempt to make such claims.. Not only with Coke but lots and lots of corporations. Didnt you see their logos plastered all over the video?
Quote:
Boo hoo hoo? How old are you anyway? 7? What's next? "your grandma wears combat boots ? "I double dog dare you" ?
Yep.. a childish attack towards me discussing American Idol retuns a childish attack.. I've dumbed down my replies to meet the comments made towards me..
Quote:
But it does have a direct relationship to childish comments.
Would this be your childish American Idol comments?
Quote:
And what facts have you presented here? That you buy books that you don't bother to read? That when faced with adult debate that you respond "Boo hoo hoo" ?
nope. What I presented here is disputed a video now that you left wingers, (although no one here claimed to be left wing, shocked, really I am, guys are all embarassed now), bought a videos claim at face value and didnt bother to ask the very questions of the video that you have of me.. What FACTS did the video present? Did it backup ONE? NO.. it went on and on with lots of attacks and NOTHING to substantiate them.. Clearly some of us have higher standards on what is deemed quality because this video isnt it..
Quote:
Making blanket statements like "That is all garbage" without any basis for the statement is nonsensical rhetoric, and insulting to the posters. If you have a rational argument to present against, then do it ... in the mean time ... try reading ... here's some good info on the coca cola corporation:

The Coca-Cola Company Under the Nazis

The Coca Cola Corporation has been involved and associated to lots of dubious practices, from literally draining local water supplies to the point of harming agriculture production, to the use of slave labor in countries which didn't frown upon such things.

I would venture a guess that if the average American in the 1940's knew that Coca Cola Corp was quenching the thirsts of enemy soldiers in WW II, the public would have been very unhappy.

However, it's not quite as bad as American car manufacturers building Nazi war vehicles DURING the war ... but I bet you didn't know about that either ... did you?
Actually I did know that.. but like the video, you went on and on about things that have nothing to do with the topic. Coca Cola under Nazis.. yep.. but whats that got to do with supporting terrorism?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-28-2011 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Mr Perkins was a former economic hitman. Linktv.com broadcast it today. About staging coups and how World Bank has profited from blood and oil. This isnt nonsense. Its truth.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Mr Perkins was a former economic hitman. Linktv.com broadcast it today. About staging coups and how World Bank has profited from blood and oil. This isnt nonsense. Its truth.
Thanks for the website!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
And thank you for demonstrating the core nature of the American Sheeple know-it-all mentality that is in reality, totally clueless.

The narrator of the little cartoon posted is John Perkins, author of "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" and "The Secret History of the American Empire". He's not just an author making a claim ... he is an author describing his own PERSONAL ACCOUNTS and PARTICIPATION in the system he describes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z43f0...eature=related

To those who are familiar with the inner workings of geopolitics, this information is not "news". In fact, there are so many examples, it is a mystery why more people haven't figured some of this out on their own. But when someone comes along and spells it out clearly, as Mr. Perkins has done (and he's not the only one) ... and the information is met with such inane response as you have done, that mystery is less mysterious.

There is a whole different world outside of American Idol, the NFL, and the Democrat versus Republican dog and pony show. Rather than dismiss that which you are unaware of ... listen ... learn ... become better informed about that real world operating behind the scenes ... this is not the information you are going to see on the evening news.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it wants what never was, and never will be" Thomas Jefferson.

Great post, shame too many don't want to explore past the Rupert Murdoch's fantasy. Funny how buy in comes from those that don't even win in the equation.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Coca-Cola and many soft drinks are banned in many nations.
India, being one of them.

Actually, I was in India recently and they do have coke though it came in the last 30 years and India was one of the last countries of size to get it.

Coca-Cola in India | World's largest soft drink selling company

Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
If a corporation came to my village and put a lock on the community well so they could sell the water I would not be very happy. I would probably remove the lock and open the well for everyone. The lock removal might involve some activities that the owners of the lock would call terrorism.

I would be responding in kind to a private corporation stealing a public resource. I do not believe private ownership of public utilities is either necessary or efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies