Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times

Advertisements

How exactly would gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
A few "in the closet" married men/women might divorce their hetero spouses, FINALLY come out, and get married to someone that they can TRULY love.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
How exactly would gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage?
Call it a cliche or what you will, but describing why Lil Jimmy has two daddy's is a tough question to answer for a second grader and his heterosexual parents, no matter which way you slice it. I consider this to be an undue burden that could divide a man and a wife on how to respond.

It happens everyday though. Even little kids understand that homosexuality is wrong. That's why they asked in the first place.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
It wouldn't. Unless one couple's heterosexual marriage affects another couple's heterosexual marriage as it is (without other reasons factoring into the equation like former-marriage children), then I don't see how one gay couple's marriage would affect another heterosexual couple's marriage.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Call it a cliche or what you will, but describing why Lil Jimmy has two daddy's is a tough question to answer for a second grader and his heterosexual parents, no matter which way you slice it.

It happens everyday though. Even little kids understand that homosexuality is wrong. That's why they asked in the first place.
Explaining to a second grader that person is wearing sunglasses and uses a stick to get around is hard. Explaining to a second grader why their older sister or brother has to go to a new school now is hard. Just because something is hard to explain doesn't make it inherently wrong.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
The moral fabric of our society would be ripped unleashing tragedy and famine of Biblical proportions in the US. America would be plunged into a deep dark wicked age, our economy would collapse, the children of gay couples would be bullied and picked on so much our national suicide rate would skyrocket. The stock market would explode, church membership would decline, and America would be rocked with disaster after disaster.

Fred Phelps would be elected President with David Duke as his Vice President to restore moral order and prosperity to America....

Just kidding. Nothing would happen. The world would continue to spin and straight couples wouldn't be effected in the least bit.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:38 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times
Quote:
Call it a cliche or what you will, but describing why Lil Jimmy has two daddy's is a tough question to answer for a second grader and his heterosexual parents, no matter which way you slice it. I consider this to be an undue burden that could divide a man and a wife on how to respond.

That's it? Explaining to second graders that there are different types of people in the world is the reason why we shouldn't allow homosexuals to marry?

If anything, NOT explaining to your children that there are many different types of people is negligent. You should be telling your children about different types of people.

I should give you a fair shake. Is that the only reason? Why is it wrong? Please don't go into subjective Bible verses, use something a little more objective. For example murdering and innocent person is wrong since it ends the life of another person committed no crime....rather than saying God says murder is wrong.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Explaining to a second grader that person is wearing sunglasses and uses a stick to get around is hard. Explaining to a second grader why their older sister or brother has to go to a new school now is hard. Just because something is hard to explain doesn't make it inherently wrong.
I would agree if we're referring to your examples. But not nearly as hard as explaining biology and anatomy. Throw in a little religious/moral values and these parents have a real dilemma on their hands. If the parents have differing views of how to approach the discussion, then that could place an undue burden. What amazes me is that homosexuality is expected to be accepted as completely normal and that everyone else is wrong for thinking differently. And when kids are introduced into the equation, heterosexuals are expected to just compromise their own values and morals in order to satisfy the homosexual agenda.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Quote:
I would agree if we're referring to your examples. But not nearly as hard as explaining biology and anatomy. Throw in a little religious/moral values and these parents have a real dilemma on their hands. If the parents have differing views of how to approach the discussion, then that could place an undue burden. What amazes me is that homosexuality is expected to be accepted as completely normal and that everyone else is wrong for thinking differently. And when kids are introduced into the equation, heterosexuals are expected to just compromise their own values and morals in order to satisfy the homosexual agenda.
1. Many animals display homosexual behavior in the wild, some species engage in 90% homosexual matings. Should we just ignore that because it is "too hard to explain"?

2. Why should homosexuals have to be oppressed by the heterosexual agenda? How do homosexual marriage cause heterosexuals to compromise their values and morals? Is it going to turn a heterosexual couple gay by osmosis? How about leaving everyone alone so everyone can do what they want?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,616 times
Quote:
or the heterosexual parents could say to their child that those parents are gay which means man/man, woman/woman and that is fine. If they ask more questions say that it is a choice and it isn't wrong. I really don't foresee many 2nd graders or anyone younger asking about that, but some will and you will just have to explain it to them.

My morals and values are not compromised if I explain this to a child. I would not mind spending 15 minutes to explain this to a second grader who is genuinely curious why Lil Jimmy has two daddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies