Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Do they also help make babies?

Who made man? Who made the Earth? Who made the stars, moon, & the universe?

Its all a leap of faith you have to rely on. When your judgement day comes maybe you're sense will come along with it.

So its true we're just a bunch of protons & matter, well what created those protons & matter? Everything has a creator. Gays should be well aware of that being so into the arts & all. I believe homosexuality can be the either of two things, a psychiological disease & inherited from having too much of one chromosome.
Um, 1) I'm a theist, not an atheist, 2) Good luck proving any of the above. As you said, it's a leap of faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Do they also help make babies?

Who made man? Who made the Earth? Who made the stars, moon, & the universe?

Its all a leap of faith you have to rely on. When your judgement day comes maybe you're sense will come along with it.

So its true we're just a bunch of protons & matter, well what created those protons & matter? Everything has a creator. Gays should be well aware of that being so into the arts & all. I believe homosexuality can be the either of two things, a psychiological disease or inherited from having too much of one chromosome. A chemical imbalance in the brain like other diseases.

Do I hold that against any of them? Absolutely not!

I have many gay friends & stay away from the subject completely unless brought up. Of course I have my opinions & nobody has to agree with it.

excellent post!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
We are not trying to control you and make it illegal to be gay. We are just giving you knowledge that Bible provides.
Not everyone cares what your fairy tale book says

Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Not everyone cares what your fairy tale book says

Have you ever read the Bible? Most people haven't. But when they do, things in this life start to make sense.

It talks about the wicked, the ignorant, the oppressed, the needy, the powerful, the humble... It talks about the important things. Unlike what you learned in school. But I guess liberals think the truth is in those big CORPORATE textbooks they are forced to buy. Lol.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 PM

415 posts, read 449,730 times
Quote:
A lot of people, including myself, who know how immoral acting gay is, actually think it should be legal for gays to get a gov't marriage license.

We are the one's though, that are posting back, and letting you know just how immoral it is. We are not trying to control you and make it illegal to be gay. We are just giving you knowledge that the Bible provides.

It's those old people, who don't use forums, that you need to worry about. They keep their beliefs silent but vote with a big discriminatory stick.
Those old people will also die soon. Your point is?

What the bible says is irrelevant. It's made up.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
A lot of people, including myself, who know how immoral acting gay is, actually think it should be legal for gays to get a gov't marriage license.

We are the one's though, that are posting back, and letting you know just how immoral it is. We are not trying to control you and make it illegal to be gay. We are just giving you knowledge that the Bible provides.

It's those old people, who don't use forums, that you need to worry about. They keep their beliefs silent but vote with a big discriminatory stick.
lots of people do not think being gay is immoral.

why is it that people think they need to tell others the knowledge of the bible. you assume the rest of us either don't know or that we must believe the wrong word and you need to set us on the right path.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Have you ever read the Bible?
Some of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future
Most people haven't.
You are damn right that most people haven't. The majority of people who have ever existed in this world have never heard of your book of fairy tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future
But when they do, things in this life start to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Book of Fairy Tales
You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
Yeah...THAT makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.worldstory.net/en/species.html
They have recorded 20,000 species of fish, 6,000 species of reptiles, 9,000 birds, 1,000 amphibians, and 15,000 species of mammals. And, although there are a million named species of insects, scientists estimate that there could be another million waiting to be discovered and named!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:56 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Have you ever read the Bible? Most people haven't. But when they do, things in this life start to make sense.

It talks about the wicked, the ignorant, the oppressed, the needy, the powerful, the humble... It talks about the important things. Unlike what you learned in school. But I guess liberals think the truth is in those big CORPORATE textbooks they are forced to buy. Lol.
You obviously haven't read it since you don't seem to follow anything it says. Your whiny cussing post and hatred of gays makes that evident.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Reading the Bible is one thing that made me an atheist.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Their houses are much nicer.

On a serious note, homosexuals benefit from homosexuality. No that sounds pretty stupid too. How about we leave people to be who they are, and stay out of their bedrooms. The only people we need worry about are ourselves, and the people we are intimate with.
Their houses ARE nicer. And I'm of the type to live and let live, as long as said persons are not infringing on my rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies