Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
First off, I'm not on the "left". I mean you're proving your ignorance by throwing out names simply because someone disagrees with you.

I'm a financial conservative. Not one of the right wing nutjob conservatives against abortion, shoving Jesus down everyone's throat, etc. I'd consider myself more aligned with the Libertarin party if I had to pick a party (although they are a little too hands off for me).

But back to your point, today's Tea Party is not the "original" tea party. Ask the founder of the original Tea Party (I forget his name, but I read his comments regarding the current Tea Party). Today's tea party is nothing but a "bolt on" name for the Republicans.

And my post said nothing about bailouts (I am against them too). I said stop the tax breaks for corporate America and make everyone pay their fair share.
I almost bought the "I'm a kinda conservative/kinda libertarian" until you go to the part about fair share......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
Yep, I too believe a flat tax or national sales tax is the way to go.

I'm so sick of all of these conservatives coming on saying how we can't raise the tax on corporate America because it will kill the economy. What are they going to do if we raise the taxes? Outsource the jobs?

Hello!!! That argument may have worked 15 years ago! Find me the Made in America products. Find me the companies with American customer service reps. And we're giving them tax breaks why?
How about cutting some stupid, useless programs? Cowboy Poetry Festival - are you kidding me? If the Libs would refrain from shrieking that "conservatives are trying to starve the CHILDREN" every time cuts to govt programs are talked about, we might get this country back on track.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
[quote=SourD;18526854]Then let the damn thing die already. People have to be held accountable for their decisions, not the public at large. Choices have consequences, you can't just NOT accept responsibility for your OWN actions because you don't want to.[/quote]

Yes you can, in the real world it happens everyday........and there is NOTHING anyone can do to change it.

You cannot FORCE someone to be responsible, you can only try to mitigate the consequences.

Should we, as a society, use unwanted children to punish their parents for their irresponsibility?

Children should be brought into this world because they are loved and wanted, not because their parents made a mistake and need to be punished. Children should be viewed as a blessing by their parents, not as an unwanted, forced burden.

It is better to be aborted than to be brought into a world where you will be viewed and treated as an unwanted burden. The huge number of children who are neglected, abused, even murdered, can attest to that......and.....at this point in time.......these cases are made up by people who chose not to abort. These cases will skyrocket if abortion is ever banned and people are forced to have children against their will.

Case in point: Casey Anthony. She wanted to abort, but her mother talked her out of it. See how well that worked out?

Now, do you really think cutting social services is the answer? Punish the children for their parent's irresponsibility? Is that the moral thing to do? Really?

Last edited by Annie53; 03-31-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
[quote=Annie53;18527383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Then let the damn thing die already. People have to be held accountable for their decisions, not the public at large. Choices have consequences, you can't just NOT accept responsibility for your OWN actions because you don't want to.[/quote]

Yes you can, in the real world it happens everyday........and there is NOTHING anyone can do to change it.

You cannot FORCE someone to be responsible, you can only try to mitigate the consequences.

Should we, as a society, use unwanted children to punish their parents for their irresponsibility?

Children should be brought into this world because they are loved and wanted, not because their parents made a mistake and need to be punished. Children should be viewed as a blessing by their parents, not as an unwanted, forced burden.

It is better to be aborted than to be brought into a world where you will be viewed and treated as an unwanted burden. The huge number of children who are neglected, abused, even murdered, can attest to that......and.....at this point in time.......these cases are made up by people who chose not to abort. These cases will skyrocket if abortion is ever banned and people are forced to have children against their will.

Case in point: Casey Anthony. She wanted to abort but her mother talked her out of it. See how well that worked out?

Now, do you really think cutting social services is the answer? Punish the children for their parent's irresponsibility? Is that the moral thing to do? Really?
If you choose to walk away from your own accountability, EVERYTHING that happens there after is ON YOU! I couldn't care any less if some dirtbag has a kid and can't feed it and it dies. Not my problem. This should happen more often, tough life lessons are what some blockheads need.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The overwhelming majority of people having sex, getting knocked up and having kids they don't want or can't take care of are NOT a product of failed birth control... they're not using birth control and many aren't on purpose because every hungry little mouth running around the house is another increase in their government check. I'm as logical as a person can get and I know for a fact that many people have more children than they can support because it means more gov. money in their pocket.
I agree. So what is the solution?

Personally, I would like to see "voluntary" sterilization required after child number two. You want to continue getting benefits......the mother and father must agree to sterilization. If you refuse, you lose your benefits......and if you do not provide for your children.....they will be taken away and adopted out. A policy like this would solve the problem.

But, that will never happen, because in this country, people believe procreating is a "God given right" and is sacred and untouchable.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no it wont...maybe it will teach illogical thinking women to use some protection

false at 5 weeks it has a heartbeat...its a baby

why do liberals push abortions but not safe sex????
No functioning brain ~ no baby. If it cannot survive outside of the womb ~ it is not a baby.

Why are conservatives trying to defund Planned Parenthood?

Planned Parenthood provides the means to obtain safe sex.

How rational is THAT?

Liberals push sex education and easy access to contraceptives.....conservatives try to restrict both.

Liberals to not "push" abortion. Liberals push for education, BC and a woman's right to choose.

Defunding Planned Parenhood and children's programs is not the answer.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I don't recall that part of the Bible where Jesus said it was the responsibility of government to relieve the suffering of the poor. Can you point it out to me? But I do recall instances where He said individuals have a moral responsibility to help the poor. Maybe we should get back to that version of Christianity.
"He said individuals have a moral responsibility to help the poor."

Why are all these "Christian" individuals complaining about helping the poor then?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I agree. So what is the solution?

Personally, I would like to see "voluntary" sterilization required after child number two. You want to continue getting benefits......the mother and father must agree to sterilization. If you refuse, you lose your benefits......and if you do not provide for your children.....they will be taken away and adopted out. A policy like this would solve the problem.

But, that will never happen, because in this country, people believe procreating is a "God given right" and is sacred and untouchable.
I was doing yard work last week, some guy asked me if I need help, I thought that was nice, so I talked with him, seemed like a nice enough guy, found out he was poor, not working etc. So I offered to give him a ride to Lowes home improvement where they are hiring, or to walmart who is also hiring, or even Wendy's who is also hiring, and I know the managers too.....he looked at me like I had 5 heads and said but if I get a job they will take my welfare away.

this is the mentality of the poor today

give me, give me..I will make more babies..give me more

Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes he did

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

stop welfare...make it WORKFARE

but there we go again..using that 4letter word that liberals hate...WORK
Funny. That 'give a man a fish' saying is not in the bible, it's actually thought to be a Chinese proverb.

In the story when Jesus turned a few fish into many, that was a handout, not a lesson on how to fish. Why didn't he get everyone on the boat for a fishing lesson?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Liberals to not "push" abortion. ......and a woman's right to choose.

Defunding Planned Parenhood and children's programs is not the answer.
PP was never the answer..get rid of it

as far as the woman's right to choose

and there is where you go wrong

using the 'choice' avenue of approach, is an approach of deception

women ALREADY have that decision....that CHOICE
its already a womans RIGHT to say no
a woman already has the right to choose/decide to have sex or not to have sex
a woman alraedy has the right to choose/decide to have protected sex or not protected sex
a woman has the right to choose/decide to have contrasepted sex or not
a woman has the right to choose/decide to say "put a raincoat on it buddy' or not
a woman has the right to choose/decide to give that child up for adoption to parents that will love that child
its a womans choice to GIVE UP THE rights to that child and give it to the father

after all those CHOICES, why should a woman be given the right to choose to kill a lifeform?????

personally , I think its a non-issue, abortion will never become fully illeagal...I do agree with abortion in cases of rape and incest...I do agree with abortion not being allowed in the third trimester, when a baby is viable (it becomes most assuredly murder then)

sorry but killing an innocent baby, should not be a womans choice....they alreay had their chance....except in the cases of rape/incest......abortion is not a choice..abortion may be a CONSEQUENCE of her prior POOR CHOICES

btw, the pill is VERY AFFORDABLE, walmart,cvs,walgreens all offer a generic drug program for 4-10 dollars, which include the pill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies