Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
"I don't know anyone in America who is a more effective communicator [than David Barton]. And I just wish that Every. Single. young person in America would be able to be under his tutelage, and understand something about who we really are as a nation. I almost wish that there would be, like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced -- forced -- at gunpoint no less, to listen to Every. David. Barton. Message. And I think our country would be better for it. I wish it'd happen."

Mike Huckabee Wants Americans to Be Indoctrinated at Gunpoint

The writer gives Huckabee the "benefit of the doubt" that this was a "joke", but watch the video, folks. He wasn't kidding. Didn't miss a beat, didn't crack a smile. He was dead serious.

For those who don't know, David Barton is a debunked liar and Revisionist History spewer, that America was founded as a Christian nation as opposed to a secular nation.

This thread, however, is not about David Barton. This thread is about the fact that Mike Huckabee wishes it would happen, that all Americans would be forced at Gunpoint to be indoctrinated with his religious ideology.

Yeah, yeah, hyperbole. I get that. But hyperbole isn't the same as a "joke". It just means he really, really, really wishes all Americans were somehow forced to believe his twisted version of G-d and America's founding. And if this man were ever allowed near the White House as anything other than an invited dinner guest, you can BET that he will do whatever is within his power as president to enact legislation that would reflect those beliefs.

And I think that is dangerous.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
If I didn't know most Americans are not so stupid as to support such nonsense, I would be worried.
I guess people say such radical things when they notice things are not going the way they want and they can't do anything about it. Typical of a dictator's mindset...

Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
As an atheist, the fact that someone is a minister does not set me off. Lying and corruption does. Huckabee fits that bill.
Lying and corruption? Maybe you should prove that crap instead of just using the words to mean whatever you want them to mean.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
perhaps I should have re phrased it better? Hicksville? and we are "Floridians" not Southerners!
Thanks for explaining the situation.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
kshe95girl !!! ... Precisely ... Rep Later!

Old Sgt. Lamar
Lamar, she doesn't understand that her claims work both ways. She doesn't know about the liberal double standard since they work it for themselves and against the rest of us.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
If I didn't know most Americans are not so stupid as to support such nonsense, I would be worried.
I guess people say such radical things when they notice things are not going the way they want and they can't do anything about it. Typical of a dictator's mindset...
Not you, too? I would have never thought it.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
David Barton has been on with Glenn Beck too many times and many of our lefties detest him because of that. He is an excellent historian but just upholding Beck on many things makes him something else in their eyes.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to say that he works in a Christian college and that is another strike against him according to THEM.
I had heard of Barton and disliked him and his dishonesty long before I ever heard of Glenn Beck. In fact, I never knew Beck got his warped view of history from Barton, though knowing that it now makes more sense that Beck gets so much history wrong.

As for Huckabee, I never did care for his politics, but knowing he's connected to Barton just means I'd be even more vigilant in doing all I possibly can to keep him out of the White House.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default It's Dat Mean Ole Uckabees Fault Mates !!! GRRRRRRRRRRROWL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I must stress to keep in mind......liberalism is a mental disorder
BucsLose !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... It now truly appears that Ole Mike Huckabee has absolutely gotten the looney liberal blighters "Ah Shakin In Their Little Booties" every time he speaks !!!

Blimey mates ... First it was ole foxey Palin ... then the Taxed Enough Already blokes ... & now all of a sudden it's this mean ole Huckabee whats gotten the leftie ah quivering !

Ere now MiamiRob & Jill ... get a grip now mates. Ole Uckabee ain't gonna hurt ya none !

Ta / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Well, the usual suspects are again displaying their hypocrisy for all to see. Imagine the outcry if the thread title had been:"Obama believes all Americans should be forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to _______."

Two problems with Mr. Huckabee's remarks, first they were in extremely poor taste even if he and the audience thought he was joking.

Second, advocating that everyone should read anything by Mr. Barton suggests that Mr. Huckabee has something less than a firm grip on reality at least as it pertains to American history.

I do have to wonder, why, if Mr. Huckabee's remarks were so innocuous, did his team feel it necessary to edit them out of the 'official' webcast of his appearance?

"Kyle Mantyla over at PFAW's Right Wing Watch had recorded Huckabee's speech when it was streamed live on Thursday, and posted the 'forced at gunpoint' clip on Friday. By Saturday, when I watched the webcast on the United in Purpose website, that part of Huckabee's speech had been edited out."

Chris Rodda: Huckabee: All Americans Should Be Forced at Gunpoint to Listen to David Barton

Old 04-01-2011, 12:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
[/indent]The guy is a minister and doesn't believe that literally. Sounds like he was trying to make it clear how extremely he believed in what this guy says and what a benefit to others they would be.

That was an expression, not a plan about what he would do at gunpoint.

Are some people really that dense as to not get it?
Whether he actually meant it literally or not, it was still an incredibly stupid thing to say for a man who wants to be president of this country. This country is not and never was a "Christian nation"! Just because the majority of the population are Christians does NOT mean we are or ever were a "Christian nation". And this Christian would fight against any plans to turn this country into a theocracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies