Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
No crying, just commenting on the obvious. Teabaggers began using the term "teabaggers"

Bush and a chimp was a pun on Curious George. I think a poster stated that multiple times before, to you specifically.

Older Tea Party supporters who had no clue about the other meanings of the term teabagger started using the term and quickly stopped but left leaning idiots continue to use it in a derogatory form to insult Tea Party members. It's the most simple form of left wing hypocrisy, "we can offend you on purpose but you shouldn't do it to us because that would be wrong." I guess I shouldn't expect much from the liberal idiots around here.

Please explain this poster that floated around for a couple years, this had nothing to do with Curious George, those are just random pictures of monkeys/chimps making faces similar to GWB... what's the connection there?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't think it makes sense to call any establishment a "black bar" or a "black restaurant/store" in a thread where you're crying about racism. I don't know of any exclusive black or white establishments so I'm not really understanding your questions.
African American restaurant/store. Better?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
I'm not lying to myself, I'm just asking for proof which I don't see a lot of at all. I'm in no way saying that none of the signs are racist or that no racist people have ever showed up at a Tea Party rally but out of the thousands and thousands of Tea Party events that have taken place around the country I only see the same 10 or 15 signs over and over again, a few of which aren't racist in any way. I'm just pointing out that people claim the Tea Party is based on racism and there's no proof of it other than blind accusations that people make who hate the Tea Party for various other reasons. The Tea Party isn't based on racism, it never was and it still isn't. The Tea Party has members of all minority groups and being a member of the Tea Party doesn't make a minority member any less intelligent or anything like that. In many cases the minority members who do join the Tea Party are well educated, well spoken and very capable of making choices on their own unlike a lot of minority voters who supported Obama for no reason other than his skin color.

Alas, this is America we're talking about... skin color is a VERY significant attribute here and one that will decide many aspects of your life for you the moment you're born. The fact is a white ex-convict with the same qualifications as me will be as likely to get the job despite that I've never committed a crime in my life, and a white person with no criminal record with the same qualifications will be twice as likely to get the job over me. As ****ed up as that is, though, I can't afford to dwell on that because that's the way it is. And since I remember you asking about white privilege earlier, THAT'S what white privilege is... directly benefiting from deep-seated beliefs that white men are generally respectable and black men are not. Plenty of your fellow tea partiers on this board have attempted to support this assertion countless times... if you'd like, I can pull up the (literally) dozens of threads that were created for no other reason than to make black men and women look bad.

With that in mind, Barack Obama's skin color by default makes him a different kind of candidate than those he was running against... he knows what its like to be seen as the garbage of society because of your skin. Clinton and McCain will never know what that's like and don't claim to, so don't be surprised when people want to vote in someone who actually understands their issues on a personal level. Considering that presidency in America has been a popularity contest for a while now, that's not any worse of a reason than voting in a republican candidate in 2012 because he's "not a Muslim". Do you really think that after all this time and money spent making half of America seriously believe that Obama is a Muslim, the opposition won't use that to their advantage?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
African American restaurant/store. Better?
All of the African Americans that I know are white, I'm not sure what that would have to do with this thread.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Alas, this is America we're talking about... skin color is a VERY significant attribute here and one that will decide many aspects of your life for you the moment you're born. The fact is a white ex-convict with the same qualifications as me will be as likely to get the job despite that I've never committed a crime in my life, and a white person with no criminal record with the same qualifications will be twice as likely to get the job over me. As ****ed up as that is, though, I can't afford to dwell on that because that's the way it is. And since I remember you asking about white privilege earlier, THAT'S what white privilege is... directly benefiting from deep-seated beliefs that white men are generally respectable and black men are not. Plenty of your fellow tea partiers on this board have attempted to support this assertion countless times... if you'd like, I can pull up the (literally) dozens of threads that were created for no other reason than to make black men and women look bad.

With that in mind, Barack Obama's skin color by default makes him a different kind of candidate than those he was running against... he knows what its like to be seen as the garbage of society because of your skin. Clinton and McCain will never know what that's like and don't claim to, so don't be surprised when people want to vote in someone who actually understands their issues on a personal level. Considering that presidency in America has been a popularity contest for a while now, that's not any worse of a reason than voting in a republican candidate in 2012 because he's "not a Muslim". Do you really think that after all this time and money spent making half of America seriously believe that Obama is a Muslim, the opposition won't use that to their advantage?
I would love for you to pull up dozens of threads that prove what you claim, go for it.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
All of the African Americans that I know are white, I'm not sure what that would have to do with this thread.
African American Restaurant - Concourse - Bronx, NY

African American Posters, DVDs, Children's Books

You would probably never go to a place like this, since you believe that certain groups of "people" are predisposed to physical violence.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
OK

Just came into some argument I guess. Looking at the last couple of posts ... monkeys or something.

Look, I don't care about your BS.

If a person believes in conservative values -- let them be who they want to be.

Sometimes those values include being fiscally responsible or socially responsible.

Damn, you guys are acting like you get to decide for Black people.

Black people can decide for themselves.

White Democrats don't get to absorb in faith the Black Vote.

It really pi*ses me off that the left thinks that Black people are only Liberals. Even people like Sharpton pressure people.

It even pi*ses me off that we're discussing skin color at all. It should be that some people have a certain outlook and some people have a different outlook.
As a black person, I find it more insulting that backspace thinks that black liberals "can't think for themselves" because there's no good reason that they would have ever voted Obama in other than his skin color. This is assuming that all liberal black people are illiterate, and/or that they never paid attention to his platform or his stance on key issues. In other words, he thinks that all liberal black people across all socio economic spectrums think like a hive mind, which makes about as much sense as saying that all white people who voted against him think like a hive mind

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
As a black person, I find it more insulting that backspace thinks that black liberals "can't think for themselves" because there's no good reason that they would have ever voted Obama in other than his skin color. This is assuming that all liberal black people are illiterate, and/or that they never paid attention to his platform or his stance on key issues. In other words, he thinks that all liberal black people across all socio economic spectrums think like a hive mind, which makes about as much sense as saying that all white people who voted against him think like a hive mind
I said a lot, not all. I'm sure there were plenty of blacks who voted for him based on his agenda and plans for social justice against the white man who has wronged them for centuries. I'm sure there are also a lot of wealthy liberals who voted for him because they knew he would give them favors in return for their support, ie the health care waiver program.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
African American Restaurant - Concourse - Bronx, NY

African American Posters, DVDs, Children's Books

You would probably never go to a place like this, since you believe that certain groups of "people" are predisposed to physical violence.
Those establishments are based on African Americans and their culture, not the black people we're talking about in this thread. If you want to talk about people who were born in Africa and migrated to the United States start another thread, I'm talking about black people who were born and raised here in the US.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 PM

I see NOBODY wants to comment on the Bush/Chimp poster.

You all know damn well that poster has nothing whatsoever to do with Curious George and everything to do with the fact that in those photos Bush looks a lot like a chimp or monkey. As far as I can tell none of you consider that to be racist do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies