Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
NATO could end it relatively quickly by supplying close air support to the Rebels. They are not doing that, ...., yet.
NATO won’t be able to provide close air support because they can’t identify who’s who from the air. They’ll have to imbed forward observers on the ground to call for air support. If the let the rebels call their own grids and they kill themselves it’ll be an international incident and counterproductive.
Since the rebels aren’t strong enough to remove MG from power and the US and NATO is ***** footing around with secret agendas. It’s going to be a long and bloody conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
If we're going to attack a brutal dictator and work to ensure regime change, why do why does Obama feel the need to go half way around the world? Why don't we just attack the Castro family? People have been working to overthrow him for 50 years, and he's 90 miles off our coast. Cuba would make a nice vactation spot.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
NATO won’t be able to provide close air support because they can’t identify who’s who from the air. They’ll have to imbed forward observers on the ground to call for air support. If the let the rebels call their own grids and they kill themselves it’ll be an international incident and counterproductive.
Since the rebels aren’t strong enough to remove MG from power and the US and NATO is ***** footing around with secret agendas. It’s going to be a long and bloody conflict.
I suspect there are a lot of things, we are not aware of, going on in Libya. It is unlikely to last too long.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe bob thinks we will not be nation building in Libya, maybe even with Qaddafi still in charge. Prior to this, Libya actually gave up its WMDs and was assisting us against al Qaeda, I'll bet that ends if Qaddafi retains power. Not only is this discouraging other countries from giving up their WMDs like Qaddafi did, it's motivating them to acquire them.
But having 50K boots on the ground in Iraq and 100K boots on the ground in Afghanistan is not?

Better check the batteries on your alarm clock

Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 AM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
Easy solution.

Nato stops bombing Libya under the false pretenses of protecting civilians [more like trying to secure oil].

Gaddafi's forces overwhelm the Rebels, war ends. There is relative peace.

Alternately we can continue doing what we are doing now - which is propping up the Al-quaeda linked losing side in a Civil war.

The civilians being slaughtered part of our intervention is / was all nonsense btw, so spare me that dog drool. There are just as many reports of the Rebels killing Civilians to, which makes them just as bad as Gaddafi's army. But the Rebels have the distinction of targeting Black African immigrants to kill in Libya to, which Gaddafi does not target...So the Rebels are racists aswell as fanatics. Maybe the Rebels have Al-Quaeda and KKK ties, hmm.

Last edited by jonaos; 04-07-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But having 50K boots on the ground in Iraq and 100K boots on the ground in Afghanistan is not?

Better check the batteries on your alarm clock

?? I'm confused, I thought we were talking about Libya? Are you saying it is comparable to Afganistan?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
?? I'm confused, I thought we were talking about Libya? Are you saying it is comparable to Afganistan?
I'm saying the exact opposite.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:06 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
Pssst..........guess what? Yep just like some of us knew weeks ago -

General: U.S. may consider troops in Libya - CBS News

Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm saying the exact opposite.
In what way? We're involved in a bloody civil war in Libya, killing innocent civilians and dropping bombs on both sides. All with no provocation.

I understand it is different with Afganistan, we had 3000 people killed in an attack launched from that country. Granted, I think we screwed up. We should have taken out Osama, then gotten out, 9 years ago. It wasn't our responsibility to pull a regime change there either.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
NATO bombs the rebels...AGAIN;

BBC News - Libyan rebels near Ajdabiya 'killed in Nato air strike'

Quote:
Libyan rebels near Ajdabiya 'killed in Nato air strike'
How's obama's war of choice going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies