Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:22 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I don't get it when people make statements implying there is no more racism in American because the President is Black.

Do people really believe that?
It's only the racist or extremely ignorant who believe racism doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 10:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
of course racism is real
but I personally am soooooo sick of hearing about it!!
If I disagree with president *******, I am a racist
if i say anything about a black person, I am a racist
if I want Eric Holder held in contempt of congress, I am a racist
I mean good grief!!
Since Obama took office, we have gone back years on what progress had been made!!
he is one of the biggest race baiters around
he and the democrats!
I am just sick of everything being black and white
*G*A*G!!!!
Then stop playing the Black & White game.

You can start, by checking "Other" for Race on any forms you fill out, and start identifying yourself as a "person of color."

Suggesting...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
It's only the racist or extremely ignorant who believe racism doesn't exist.
And its the racists and extremely ignorant who insist upon degenerating everything into race or ethnicity when race or ethnicity isn't even the issue.

I don't doubt that 10% of the "white" population are "racists." That's just a typical Bell Curve for any given population. However, the mere fact that perhaps 10% of the population might actually be racist, doesn't make America or "white" people racists.

Racism is an extreme form of bigotry that rises to the level of hatred, and often violence. The mere fact that a majority "white" country elected a person who claims to be Black is overwhelming proof that great strides have been made overall -- the fact that those strides did not take place in ridiculous and unrealistic time-table you established does not alter Realityâ„¢.

Realistically...

Mircea

Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
msnbc keeps pointing to the color of skin... they are the racists!!

Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Clearly .. Racism no longer exists!

Very well said friend! couldn't of stated it better myself? And how very true.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I've never heard anyone say that
I don't hear that sentiment at all. I hear people saying, all races, there is more of a division of people since Obama was elected, and that is even coming from good black friends of ours.
I think you would have to be sick and dumb, not to see the divison of people and not unity as he promised.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:36 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
I don't get it when people make statements implying there is no more racism in American because the President is Black.

Some people must, since it gets quoted as "fact" on a pretty regular basis here.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
Historically whites have used racism to serve powerful entrenched interests, but what interests does racism serve now? Most whites have no economic stake in the ghetto. They have absolutely nothing to gain from oppressing poor blacks. Myself the only concerns I have, and not just from blacks, but whites and hispanics, asians, whatever other American, is the potential for crime and its reliance on the public purse.

By contrast, it is the civil rights industry which now has a vested interest in the persistence of the ghetto, because the miseries of poor blacks are the best advertisement for continuing programs of racial preferences and set-asides. No one is more committed to the one-drop rule, and more likely to resist its demise, than these professionel blacks whose livelihoods depend on maintaining a large and resentful African American coalition. Publically inconsolable about the fact racism continues, these activists seem privately terrified that it has abated.

The government is not in a good position to improve socialization practices among African Americans, the primary responsibility for cultural restoration lies with the black community itself. Ralph Ellison wrote, " When we finally achieve the right of full participation in American life, what we make of it will depend upon our sense of cultural values, and our creative use of freedom, not upon our racial identification".

One day I hope there will be no hyphenated Americans. Just Americans, gainfully employed Americans, productive members of society.

so well said!
it is the likes of al sharpton and his clan that have done more to keep black folks down
so he can line his pockets!
and then along comes obama, who too, is of that same type
SLIME!!
shame on them and the the media who also play that sick game!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Some people are delusional and would like to believe that is the case...

Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM

226 posts, read 213,776 times
At this point who cares? Shouldnt have cried wolf so many times. Really just dont care anymore.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:

Who says that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies