Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Which they denied before, which obama said he knew nothing about, which the DOJ said they were clueless. Well, apparently NOT. Grassley has the emails from the ATF to gun shop owner, detailing meets between them and the DOJ.

Gun shop owner expressed concerns early on in "gunwalker" scandal - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Quote:
Damning, newly-obtained emails show that a key gun shop owner made explicit concerns in writing last year in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms' "gunwalking" scandal.

"When you [Voth], [the Assistant U.S. Attorney], and I met on May 13th [2010], I shared my concerns with you guys that I wanted to make sure that none of the firearms that were sold per our conversation with you and various ATF agents could or would ever end up south of the border or in the hands of the bad guys... I want to help ATF with its investigation but not at the risk of agents' safety because I have some very close friends that are U.S. Border Patrol Agents in southern AZ."
Well, a border agent WAS killed.

Whoever thought this was a good idea, to put US guns into the hands drug cartel members, should be frogmarched into jail.

Senator Grassley;

YouTube - Senator Grassley discusses his investigation into ATF's "Fast and Furious" operation

Of course, as suspected, the obama admin is stonewalling on the document request.

BREAKING: Grassley has

Quote:
Devastating e-mail exchanges between a senior official with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Phoenix, AZ and a cooperating gun shop operator have been revealed by Senator Charles Grassley in a letter sent late yesterday to Attorney General Eric Holder.

“In light of this new evidence,” Grassley tells Holder, “the Justice Department’s claim that the ATF never knowingly sanctioned or allowed the sale of assault weapons to straw purchasers is simply not credible.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
And then they have the nerve to go on public record saying most guns recovered in Mexico came from the US.

What they didn't tell us was that it was THEM who planned it.

We live in Bizarro World folks where wrong is right, bad is good and I'm gonna get mine any way I can.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And then they have the nerve to go on public record saying most guns recovered in Mexico came from the US.

What they didn't tell us was that it was THEM who planned it.

We live in Bizarro World folks where wrong is right, bad is good and I'm gonna get mine any way I can.
Is this incredible or what? Obama's ATF, making sure US guns get in the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

Is it any wonder so many people think he's anti-American?

Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Which they denied before, which obama said he knew nothing about, which the DOJ said they were clueless. Well, apparently NOT. Grassley has the emails from the ATF to gun shop owner, detailing meets between them and the DOJ.

Gun shop owner expressed concerns early on in "gunwalker" scandal - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Well, a border agent WAS killed.

Whoever thought this was a good idea, to put US guns into the hands drug cartel members, should be frogmarched into jail.

Senator Grassley;

YouTube - Senator Grassley discusses his investigation into ATF's "Fast and Furious" operation

Of course, as suspected, the obama admin is stonewalling on the document request.

BREAKING: Grassley has
If Obama's ATF has done nothing wrong, it has nothing to hide right? Right? Just like his birth certificate

Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 AM

Finally, Holder is forced to come before Congress and answer questions about this program that has ended up killing Americans. Just look at this dodge and weave.

YouTube - Issa Grills Attorney General Holder on Operation Fast & Furious and Project Gunrunner

Quote:
“What am I going to tell Agent Terry’s mother about how he died at the hand of a gun that was videotaped as it was sold to a straw purchaser fully expecting it to end up in the hands of drug cartels?”
This should be front page and center, but again, the media is absent.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
We need to know more here. This should be front page news until we get real answers.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
We need to know more here. This should be front page news until we get real answers.
Indeed it should be, but other than CBS, the MSM has been amazingly quiet.

It looks as if Holder may have perjured himself yesterday, claiming he's known about the gun walking scandal known as "Fast and Furious" for "only a few weeks", which would seem to contradict the facts....here's a letter from Grassley to Holder dated 2-9, which refers to a meeting in which Holder was discussing this issue back in Jan..

RosettaStone

Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
I read about this in my current "American Rifleman" magazine from the NRA.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What a bunch of selfserving idiots. Fire ALL of them involved and press criminal charges.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 AM

150 posts, read 297,879 times
I knew nothing about this story until this thread. Fascinating read, thanks TS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies