Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, seems this administration is getting exactly what they wanted. Higher energy prices under his liberal, anti-business agenda.

See, he seems to think if gas prices are high, people would be more inclined to buy an electric car (hopefully one HE owns - The Volt), or take public transpo, or rally for HSR, or just stop driving and conserving altogether (except he NEEDS consumers to be out there driving and spending).

So this is what his big ideas have wrought, this is what his liberal agenda has produced.

News Photos ? UPI ? Slideshow - UPI.com

http://photos.upi.com/view/f772b5b1f...Washington.jpg

Instead of pushing for domestic sources of oil&gas, obama has crippled the industry with his illegal moratorium, at the same time he funds BILLIONS in drilling projects.....in other countries.

They want to push cars the vast majority of Americans DON'T WANT. They want to push HSR that is cost inefficient and people DON'T USE.

What an unmitigated disaster.
CHANGE we can believe in....WTF win the future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, I understand why you want to change the subject, I am perfectly fine with companies making a profit. What upsets me is Obama's strangling of the free market. I understand perfectly well why you don't want to answer why Obama wants high fuel prices, but we all know.!
You sure can wiggle! I wasn't discussing why Obama wants high gas prices, only hallucination would lead you to believe that since it never happened.

I was asking Repubs WHY they now hate oil corporations making a profit, why NOW they don't approve of profit....see, no where did I say anything about Obama....

Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If it's something bad about Obama they WILL believe it....now look what you've started!!! It'll be a FACT in their brain within minutes!!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The royalties are my retirement plan

Old 04-22-2011, 12:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You sure can wiggle! I wasn't discussing why Obama wants high gas prices, only hallucination would lead you to believe that since it never happened.

I was asking Repubs WHY they now hate oil corporations making a profit, why NOW they don't approve of profit....see, no where did I say anything about Obama....
Wow, which part of I have no problem with profits didn't you get. I can hold a remedial English class if you like.

Obama clearly wants higher energy prices since he will not allow any drilling.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There IS NO shortage now and prices are what they are. And no matter where they drill, we bid for oil against, China, India, etc. What reason is there to believe drilling anywhere will change that?
Oil speculation takes FUTURE potential shortages into account.. not NOW...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The problem is they slowed drilling forty years ago after the oil companies made back room deals with the Saudis. Our today was the future then, so now we either plan for tomorrow, or tomorrow will make today look like paradise. Drill baby drill, because China is stealing our oil and drilling anyway.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The problem is they slowed drilling forty years ago after the oil companies made back room deals with the Saudis. Our today was the future then, so now we either plan for tomorrow, or tomorrow will make today look like paradise. Drill baby drill, because China is stealing our oil and drilling anyway.
<LI class=g>
welcoindus: How many drilling permits have really been issued in the

Apr 19, 2011 ... “How many drilling permits have really been issued in the current administration ? How much did the President's recent trip to India really ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../michele-bachmann-savannah-guthrie_n_845555 _83452857.html - Cached

<LI class=g>
11 deepwater drilling permits issued since disaster - Hawaii News ...

Apr 19, 2011 ... Since the disaster, 11 new deepwater drilling permits have been issued by BOEMRE , according to CNN. "Permit applications that satisfy our ...
www.hawaiinewsnow.com/.../11-deepwater-drilling-permits-issued-since- disaster

<LI class=g>
First new drilling permits issued since moratorium was lifted ...

Nov 10, 2010 ... But the 2 permits approved Wednesday are for work that would have been ... First new drilling permits issued since moratorium was lifted .... 25 · For many in Louisiana, the real disaster of 2010 wasn't the oil spill but ...
www.nola.com › ... › Breaking News - Cached - Similar

<LI class=g>
First new drilling permits issued | DeFacto Moratorium

Nov 10, 2010 ... The Offshore Marine Service Association or OMSA, represents more than 250 member companies, including about 100 firms that own and operate ...
www.offshoremarine.org/.../first-new-drilling-permits-issued.html - Cached

<LI class=g>
U.S. to Issue More Gulf Drilling Permits - WSJ.com

Mar 22, 2011 ... In recent weeks, the agency has issued four deep-water drilling permits, including one Tuesday that allows Exxon Mobil Corp. to drill a new ...
online.wsj.com/.../SB10001424052748704461304576216563662728054. html - Cached - Add to iGoogle

<LI class=g>
WILL DEEP WATER DRILLING PERMITS CONTINUE TO BE ISSUED FOR - High ...

Mar 22, 2011 ... To date, there have been four new drilling permits issued. .... There are 30000 rigs out in the Gulf many have been there for 15 years or ...
www.highplainspundit.com/.../will-obama-administration-continue-to.html - Cached

Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
There is a 'magic' formula for lower gas prices | Examiner Editorial | Opinion | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2011/04/there-magic-formula-lower-gas-prices - broken link)

Quote:
Obama's intervention began with a lie when White House officials falsely represented to the public and to a court that scientists had approved their blanket drilling moratorium after the BP oil spill.

At today's prices, the Obama-induced loss of production represents $40 million per day in lost oil revenue. Spread over a full year, that comes to $14.6 billion that could be supporting thousands of sustainable, good-paying American jobs at no cost to the taxpayer.
Don't forget he defied a court order on his criminal moratorium and was held in contempt by the court.

He has decimated the gulf with his radical ideology.

He WANTS high gas prices because he thinks Americans will flock to all his pathetic "alternative" energy ideas.

We are in this situation because of 40 years of liberal/environmental obstruction preventing the US from getting from underneath the "boot on the neck" of foreign sources of oil.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wow, which part of I have no problem with profits didn't you get. I can hold a remedial English class if you like.

Obama clearly wants higher energy prices since he will not allow ANY (emph added) drilling.
REALLY??? you sure on that?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You fail to answer what reason is there to believe drilling will lower prices as we still compete in the market with others? And it's likely more on the market coming from the US prompts OPEC to reduce its output, that will lower prices how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies