Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 AM

515 posts, read 368,632 times

Advertisements

And natural gas prices are very low, so businesses build gas plants, no wind farms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Lots of the people seem to forget your points made
they seem to have a very limited memory when it comes to things like this.

Sometimes i feel like i am reading words from sean hannity!
he does the same thing forgets about the last administration
quick to blame
I am glad to here you are reading words from hannity, baby steps,baby steps

Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is a 'magic' formula for lower gas prices | Examiner Editorial | Opinion | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2011/04/there-magic-formula-lower-gas-prices - broken link)

Don't forget he defied a court order on his criminal moratorium and was held in contempt by the court.

He has decimated the gulf with his radical ideology.

He WANTS high gas prices because he thinks Americans will flock to all his pathetic "alternative" energy ideas.

We are in this situation because of 40 years of liberal/environmental obstruction preventing the US from getting from underneath the "boot on the neck" of foreign sources of oil.
So you hold opinion pieces as fact now? I guess as long as it suits your agenda.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:25 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,106,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I am glad to here you are reading words from hannity, baby steps,baby steps

Oh my you have to be kidding me!
Not a chance-

You like him thats fine but not this cat!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:19 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,106,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
And natural gas prices are very low, so businesses build gas plants, no wind farms
what a novel idea right
plenty of natural gas right here in the usa

if its here dig and dig for a long time

driving down 65 towards indy and the landscape was littered with these structures.
how much wind energy is being put back into the grids

Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,219,048 times
What is reported: There is no current world oil shortage, gas prices are high do to oil speculation.

What the Republican thinks he heard: The world has an oil shortage, Drill Baby Drill.

What is reported: We may be past peak oil supply and need to develop alternative energy supplies.

What the Republican thinks he heard: Those Muslims are bringing Sharia Law to our U,.S. Courts, Drill Baby Drill.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
I agree 100%

and of course, the drill baby drill crowd have no explanation why developing alternative energy sources is so evil. why they vilify and scoff at the idea of even talking about renewable energy? Why they campaign against renewable alternatives like using them will destroy the earth or destroy our civilization? This anti-renewable energy campaign reminds me of the corporate junk-science campaign against the science that tobacco causes cancer back in the 1970's.

Assume we do it their way, someday in the future after this "drill baby drill"- "energy independence" campaign that will hasten the deletion of our domestic oil reserves which will only force us to return to the world market and begin importation of oil again. FACT is, domestically, we do not have very much of the world's crude oil reserves and if we rely 100% on those reserves we would burn them up in 10 years or so.

We don't even have the drilling rigs, equipment, workers and infrastructure to quickly produce our reserves, even if we wanted to. But assume we did, after our domestic supplies are gone, and we have no reserves what do you think the world market is going to charge us for a piece of their supplies. Do you seriously think we could pick up where we are today, jump back in the world market and the world's crude oil market would have the excess to cut us back in???

If we don't begin moving off of oil, we will surely be drawn into a long series of "post-peak-oil" oil wars in the future. (Trump's "we'll just take it" policy statement makes me shudder) If it becomes a united world against the USA we may not win them all, especially if we have used up our own reserves first.

Our hubris and our hedonistic nature will be its downfall if we don't change our attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
What is reported: There is no current world oil shortage, gas prices are high do to oil speculation.

What the Republican thinks he heard: The world has an oil shortage, Drill Baby Drill.

What is reported: We may be past peak oil supply and need to develop alternative energy supplies.

What the Republican thinks he heard: Those Muslims are bringing Sharia Law to our U,.S. Courts, Drill Baby Drill.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:32 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
"Under my plan, energy prices will necessarily rise."
-Barack Obama.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
and...? what is the problem? you do know we have cheap energy when compared to the rest of the world. you do know that the government heavily subsidizes the domestic oil industry with tax breaks, free or nearly free crude oil from our public lands, and through the use of our military and State Department to protect our international oil interests? Smaller government well have consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
"Under my plan, energy prices will necessarily rise."
-Barack Obama.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
people need to understand that this has been a bipartisan effort.

I wholeheartedly give credit to all for screwing us royally, just like the Royalty they think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies