Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 PM

539 posts, read 735,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Topless beaches are not supposed to be "fun" because men get to leer at women's breasts, and only the young, sexy, firm and high breasts are exposed. If a woman wants to sun her ta-tas, she isn't doing it to attract attention. The European culture of topless sunning or topless women in general is ok because European men are not obsessed with breasts like US men are. Janet Jackson slipped a nip for a second on public TV and the whole country was shaken to its core based on the media firestorm that ensued. European women going topless has NOT ONE THING to do with their being in better shape, and women are not more likely to "go topless" in public based on how attractive they believe themselves to be, and similarly, US women are not avert to going topless because the attractive ones are so "few and far". There are plenty of beaches here in the US where you can go and ogle a pair of cans, as it appears that is the "fun" you are after. And FWIW, most of the naturists in Europe are exactly the ones you wish would cover up.

Based on some of the more crude comments posted in this thread, I would venture to guess that the US is not ready for European style breast-baring. If we can't handle a pair of nipples on public TV, then we're not ready for topless beaches all over.

Finally - appears someone with experience has finally spoken regarding the subject. Having spent many of my summers in Europe since the age of 2, I have a hard time believing the that the guys over here dying to see some skin would be too excited about the "fun" of ogling average looking people with no clothes on.

Too true - I wonder how many of the guys who want to see the "twins" would be as interested if they themselves had to have to confidence to join the other sunbathers in their birthday suits at an exclusive naturist spot. That would even things out a bit, wouldn't it?

So you think a woman who wants to sun her breasts equates to a stripper? Strip clubs are full of broken women. So? What does that have to do with proving how "puritanical" our society is? As long as American men think women who strip for a living has anything to do with topless sunbathing we as a nation are truly not ready for what our Euro brethren have long been accustomed to.
Great post, DontH8Me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,140,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Never understood why a bare breast is such a big deal in the US...? just relax and enjoy the toplessness
^This is why a bare breast is such a big deal in the U.S. Pervs like you who would gawk and "enjoy" it instead of just being respectful.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,140,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Anything to do with sex is. Its sad, I like being free, but here I am not. I know if a I went to a strip club with the intent of taking one out to my place for cash. I would not be able to do because people here are toxic. They don't want to see freedom.
Are you referring to prostitution?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 AM

1,543 posts, read 3,003,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Topless beaches are not supposed to be "fun" because men get to leer at women's breasts, and only the young, sexy, firm and high breasts are exposed. If a woman wants to sun her ta-tas, she isn't doing it to attract attention. The European culture of topless sunning or topless women in general is ok because European men are not obsessed with breasts like US men are. Janet Jackson slipped a nip for a second on public TV and the whole country was shaken to its core based on the media firestorm that ensued. European women going topless has NOT ONE THING to do with their being in better shape, and women are not more likely to "go topless" in public based on how attractive they believe themselves to be, and similarly, US women are not avert to going topless because the attractive ones are so "few and far". There are plenty of beaches here in the US where you can go and ogle a pair of cans, as it appears that is the "fun" you are after. And FWIW, most of the naturists in Europe are exactly the ones you wish would cover up.
I think you don't know men. Men are the same all around the world. And yes, they are obsessed with checking out good looking women. But the problem is not the men, its the religious right here in the USA. They get all wild because of some boob. I assure you most men do not care of who goes topless. You are also talking about scenarios that should be no big of deal in Europe. Your hatred is what is wrong with this country. Its stupid to be so hateful.

Quote:
So you think a woman who wants to sun her breasts equates to a stripper? Strip clubs are full of broken women. So? What does that have to do with proving how "puritanical" our society is? As long as American men think women who strip for a living has anything to do with topless sunbathing we as a nation are truly not ready for what our Euro brethren have long been accustomed to.
No. I was referring to the fact that strip clubs are places where people go to have a fun time. They are not stupid enough to believe that the dancer is going to fall in love with them and that the dancer they are meeting is the actual person. They know its a front and that is fine, people just want to unwind. A strip club is a place of entertainment but because the American's are puritans strip clubs tend on being boring compared to Europe. Just look at the wiki article and what it says. Read between the lines, if you can....

Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Are you referring to prostitution?
Yes. But its just that if prostitution was legal and adults were allowed to be adults. Things like prostitution public nudity would not be a big deal as it is here. We have too many faulty adults here who want some politician tell them how to live. When most politicians are corrupt. You want them to have more power? You are damn straight they will agree to whatever you have to say as long as they get more power.

If we were to do house cleaning. How many lawmakers you think would be arrested for soliciting a prostitute? Many. How many lawmakers you think would be arrested for using a controlled substance that they made illegal? Many.

Do you understand?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM

943 posts, read 786,241 times
I don't think the relative lack of topless beaches in the usa is necessarily a sign a "prudishness." I think this is a bit presumptuous.

Japan and South Korea are far less "prudish" than the USA(they have co-ed bath-houses and saunas, nudity is also shown freely on TV and films), but finding women going topless at beaches is rare. Brazil also is well known for their skimpy bikinis at their beaches, but toplessness is rare and even illegal on some beaches.

I think if anything it reveals a lot about pro-topless people in that they are really arrogant and think too highly of themselves and their preceived "enlightenment" and sexual "freedom."

As mentioned, no women would go topless doing their yard work or jogging(unlike men in similiar instances). Yet some people think it is non-weird they would go to a beach and go topless?

I personally think it should be legal, but I doubt many american women would do it. Most would be foreign tourist- as is the case already(south beach is an example).

Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,701,997 times
Anywhere like this in the US?

Spanish gym offers naked workouts - Telegraph

Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM

32,878 posts, read 19,584,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Anywhere like this in the US?

Spanish gym offers naked workouts - Telegraph
doesnt sound very sanitary

Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 AM

539 posts, read 735,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I think you don't know men. Men are the same all around the world. And yes, they are obsessed with checking out good looking women. But the problem is not the men, its the religious right here in the USA. They get all wild because of some boob. I assure you most men do not care of who goes topless. You are also talking about scenarios that should be no big of deal in Europe. Your hatred is what is wrong with this country. Its stupid to be so hateful.

No. I was referring to the fact that strip clubs are places where people go to have a fun time. They are not stupid enough to believe that the dancer is going to fall in love with them and that the dancer they are meeting is the actual person. They know its a front and that is fine, people just want to unwind. A strip club is a place of entertainment but because the American's are puritans strip clubs tend on being boring compared to Europe. Just look at the wiki article and what it says. Read between the lines, if you can....
She wasn't hateful whatsoever...and you still don't get it. This isn't about strip clubs, entertainment, sex or love. It's about women having the freedom to take their shirts off...as people, as human beings...for their own enjoyment and comfort...just like the other half of the human population currently is free to do.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
She wasn't hateful whatsoever...and you still don't get it. This isn't about strip clubs, entertainment, sex or love. It's about women having the freedom to take their shirts off...as people, as human beings...for their own enjoyment and comfort...just like the other half of the human population currently is free to do.
That's my point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies