Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times

Advertisements

I remember well how little polls meant last decade. How did they suddenly become more important to our daily life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, didn't take you long to dismiss the new evidence. did you even see it yet? I have and Obama is a Natural Born Citizen, case close, time to move on...
If you are so confident, why not post the salient parts here?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Eric Cantor on Fox is stating "It was silly for the WH to release this while we have other issues to deal with."

Completely agree with the guy.
It was really stupid to even highlight this "issue" while there were other things we need to deal with. Silly statement by Cantor. Reaching as hard as he can. Sad really.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 AM

So glad this thread is the most active today. Means people want to talk about it.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
I don't think they should have released it. The idiots who kept saying that he wasn't a US citizen will still be saying it when all is said and done. It was never about his birth place to begin with.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Was it also fun to watch as the polls indicated that more and more people doubted he was born here?
Why did they believe it? Because they were told to believe. They were gullible. It shows gullible people will believe anything if the lie is repeated often enough. People believed this lie, and many other lies out out there, - the private armies, the concentration camps, Obama is a muslim, terrorist, communist, etc, etc, etc Just look at yourself. You bought the lies, and repeated them here for two years.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I personally believe everyone who runs for the Presidency should have to prove they satisfy the eligibility requirements laid out in the Constitution: (1) Natural-born citizen and (2) at least 35 years of age.
Well lets see: He had a birthdate making him older then 35, so thats fine. His mother was an American, a NATURALY born American, therefore any of her offspring at any age she gives birth are "natural-born citizens." The whole "mother must be in the US 5 years past age 14" only applies to mothers who were naturalized via immigration and not born here, and that is even questionable.

This Hawaii thing was a complete sideshow that has ZERO to do with real constitutional law.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why did they believe it? Because they were told to believe.
I completely agree with your assessment. Obama did promise "change"

...er...

"change that matters"

...er...

"compassion"

If there's one thing worse than repeating stories, it's repeating slogans.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
LOL, i don't need to prove anything, never did.

birthers = historic FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
If you are so confident, why not post the salient parts here?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
It was really stupid to even highlight this "issue" while there were other things we need to deal with. Silly statement by Cantor. Reaching as hard as he can. Sad really.
I agree that he's reaching and he would rather people continue to speculate and demand the long form birth certificate than to move on. However, I personally, don't think they should have released it because it's a waste of time It was never about the birth certificate anyway and the idiots will find something else to whine about. I think there are enough REAL issues to concern yourself with but the whole birther movement is a bunch of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies