Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM

425 posts, read 653,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, he sure did, but unlike Obama, Reagan knew what to do. Reagan bottomed out in Jan 1983 but was rebounding sharply due to the collapse of inflation and unemployment. BO is still on his way down with a hopeless job market and skyrocketing food and fuel costs.
And in Reagan's 1981-1985 term he raised the US budget deficit as a % of GDP by over 11%, the largest increase since WWII. He bought the economic bounce on the back of debts which we still kick down the road to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 03:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I wonder how that "massive victory" for the right taking the house and supposedly leading the country into perfection has panned out?

Congressional Job Approval at 17%

17% approval? Damn, that's gotta hurt for the right wingers,..
"Congress' approval rose slightly in January and February as the new 112th Congress took office, before dropping back in March. This is a typical pattern, which was also evident after a new party took control of the House in 1995 and 2007. In both of those years, congressional approval rose in the initial months of the new Congress, and then settled back down, as it has this year.

Americans perceive the current Congress much more negatively than they have perceived any other Congress in the April after a House election since 1995 (Gallup did not have complete April trends in years before that). The next-lowest rating was 30% in April 1997.

Republicans now control the House, while Democrats control the Senate. This division of party control may be one explanation for the lack of differentiation in congressional approval across party lines. Both Republicans and independents give Congress a 15% approval rating, while Democrats give Congress a slightly higher 21% rating"

All this tells me, is that most of us don't like
the job our Congress(House of Representatives & Senate) do, doesn't matter, whether democrat, republican, whatever.

By those stats, about 80 percent of us,
hate all of them

Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
And in Reagan's 1981-1985 term he raised the US budget deficit as a % of GDP by over 11%, the largest increase since WWII. He bought the economic bounce on the back of debts which we still kick down the road to this day.

11%?

Seriously, I wouldn't even mention that in light of recent events.

Federal in United States 1980-2011 - Federal State Local Debt As Pct GDP&state=US&color=c&local=s

I'll take those Reagan and Bush deficits any day over today's, and I definitely prefer the numbers we had when Newt was running things.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
I wonder how that "massive victory" for the right taking the house and supposedly leading the country into perfection has panned out?

Republicans still lead in generic Congressional polls, and in light of the last election, I would think the voters are more dissatisfied with Congressional Democrats.

Thank you Nancy Pelosi. You make this easy.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 AM

7,514 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
And in Reagan's 1981-1985 term he raised the US budget deficit as a % of GDP by over 11%, the largest increase since WWII.
Not anymore.. The Village Idiot in the white house broke that 4 year 11% increase during February 2010.. He is a real rocket scientist this one is.. February was the largest increase in the deficit in the HISTORY of the US..

Quote:
The Treasury Department says the February deficit surpassed the old record for any month, a $220.9 billion imbalance set in February 2010.
He needs to be removed from office before he puts this country in the ground. Considering we are already on our knees he doesn't have that far to go..

Old 04-29-2011, 03:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Dang....42%...that's low.

President Urkel. That's all I see when I look at Barack Obama. I see nothing worthy of admiration in the guy. At all. I really don't.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
It's a good day!

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Can't say I know of any president who won a second term with a 42% approval rating.
I suspect the "Real" number is even lower, but Gallup doesn't seem to allow obama to go under 42%. And remember, these are adults, not LV/RV.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:

17 is too high

Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,105,282 times
Quote:
It's a good day!

Can't say I know of any president who won a second term with a 42% approval rating.
I'm considered liberal by most and I don't approve of his job. He spent 2 years trying to reach out to the Republicans and he let every good idea get compromised and watered down into typical Democrat crap. I have a very negative opinion.

But I'll vote for him before most of these potential Republicans, and I'll offer to get people out to the polls, because the Republican solutions only work for the elites.

Do you really think Republicans are that popular with anyone who isn't making a 6 figure salary?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
It's a good day!

Although it is early, I don't see anything yet that says another candidate will beat him.
Romney is almost an Obama clone. Trump although popular isn't well versed on politics and will get destroyed in debates. Probably why Romney is avoiding the SC debates. Ron Paul is who I support but I think this will be another information, message type run like last time but with more impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies