Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times

Advertisements

Obama wasn't suppose to beat Clinton or McCain until he did and still leads all potential republican challengers with that approval rating. What's that say about the alternative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,423 times
Accurate, considering how long lines are at job fairs this month.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,743 times
What a month it's been for our sad-sack president. He was supposed to be riding high by 30Apr.

He was going to impose his will on the repubs 2011 budget continuing resolution.

He was going to make hay over Ryan's 2012 budget.

He was going to whip Gadaffi into line in "days, not weeks", establishing a reputation of competent leadership.

He was going to be taking credit for an economy getting stronger by the day.

And he was going to be doing all these things from a lofty "above-the fray" perch, looking like a real president, and his polls were going to be positive by double digits.

Instead he gets rolled on the 2011 CR, demagogues the 2012 budget debate, has no answer for (and little apparent interest in) the deficit, tells us if we don't like high gas prices we should just trade in our cars, blames the lousy economy on everyone else, lets an amateur pretend-politician maneuver him into releasing his birth records, and his Libya strategy doesn't even make sense to his own Defense Dept. His approval is down to 42 in PA, a state he can't possibly win without.

Another month like this and we'll start seeing "Miss me yet?" billboards from Jimmy Carter...

Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's a good day!

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Can't say I know of any president who won a second term with a 42% approval rating.
Against the retreads, rejects and nutjobs the right is offering as choices Obama will get re-elected, count on it. I assume you will continue your weeping for another 6 Years
Casper

Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Against the retreads, rejects and nutjobs the right is offering as choices Obama will get re-elected, count on it. I assume you will continue your weeping for another 6 Years
Casper
As will all the short-sighted libs be "weeping" due to their undying love for an insipid agenda. Will be interesting to see how well EVERYONE (no favoritism here) can pick up the Chinese lingo. And doubt there will be any special treatment because one is an Obama fan. Just not the Chinese way.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:39 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,743 times
Of course from one standpoint this monumental incompetence could be a smart campaign strategy: discredit democrats to such an extent that not even Hillary would have a chance in the general. Since the nomination would be hers for the asking, that may end up being his only hope to keep her from asking.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:22 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Yes, 11% is worth mentioning. And it doesn't even touch what he did in his second term. The fact that Obama's doubling down doesn't change the fact that it's bad enough. Recall the poster I was responding to said, quote "unlike Obama, Reagan knew what to do".

Reagan was all for putting the pedal to the metal when it came to putting us in debt. He also granted amnesty to illegals and raised taxes. If that's knowing what to do, please let's not learn what incompetence looks like.

I'll take no deficits on the scale of Reagan, Bush or Obama, if you please.

Reagan, unlike Clinton, never had a Republican Congress to cut spending. He took what he was forced to accept, but that doesn't mean he didn't have the right plan. After he cut taxes, revenue increased for the remaining six years of his presidency. And before you go there, we all know the net effect of Reagans tax policy was to cut taxes.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Here is a perfect example of what Obama is all about. Forget the unemployed Americans, the lack of jobs. He's in it for his corporate masters.

Put more Americans out of work, bring wages down to rock bottom. Gouge what's left of the taxpayers.

U.S. taxpayers foot the bill to upgrade Mexican truck emissions - San Diego County Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 04-30-2011, 05:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's a good day!

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Can't say I know of any president who won a second term with a 42% approval rating.
Most of the libs I know don't approve of Obama's job performance, so I doubt they would weep.

Try again. Nice trolling by the way.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:50 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I'm considered liberal by most and I don't approve of his job. He spent 2 years trying to reach out to the Republicans and he let every good idea get compromised and watered down into typical Democrat crap. I have a very negative opinion.

But I'll vote for him before most of these potential Republicans, and I'll offer to get people out to the polls, because the Republican solutions only work for the elites.

Do you really think Republicans are that popular with anyone who isn't making a 6 figure salary?
Complete BS. He didn't spend 2 minutes reaching out to Republicans until the Democrats lost the House and then suddenly he couldn't say enough about how they had to compromise. Obama spent the first 2 years of his presidency excluding every Republican proposal, and most of the Democrats proposals to write back room bills with Nancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies