Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (NIV, Mark 12:28-31).
how does this refer to the 8th commandment, or are you trying to change the subject?
Quote:
If the Rich loved their neighbor who is without and shared their wealth, it would not be necessary for a tax; however, because we love even the rich who have been greedy bastards we still want them to go to heaven so we are simply showing that love by making it possible for them to get there.
Being rich isnt a sin, and you arent helping people go to heaven by stealing from them

This is like suggesting you are helping children avoid trips to the dentist by stealing their Halloween bags, ignoring the fact that you are STEALING from them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
how does this refer to the 8th commandment, or are you trying to change the subject?

Being rich isnt a sin, and you arent helping people go to heaven by stealing from them

This is like suggesting you are helping children avoid trips to the dentist by stealing their Halloween bags, ignoring the fact that you are STEALING from them

he is trying to change the subject because he knows he is already losing the argument. I look to some of their next comments to start calling you or I racist or sexist.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
Why would I want to keep the wealthy out of Hell? There has to be some justice in the world.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would I want to keep the wealthy out of Hell? There has to be some justice in the world.

hopefully most of congress will go this route too.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,558,628 times
Cannot say that I agree with the dogma, but I do believe that we should all pay a flat percent of our income in taxes. We all benefit, we should all pay.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
mw - do you know of any poor congress critters? Hell is practically guaranteed.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,621,701 times
Quote:
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)

I would like to see everyone have the possibility of going to heaven and that is why I advocate that the rich be taxed to a point that they are no longer rich, thereby making it easier for their soul not to burn in Hell fire for all of eternity for being greedy bastards.

God bless Obama and some of the democrats for doing the Lords work by advocating that the Rich pay their fair share.
I'm guessing you don't really have a clue what Jesus actually meant with that statement, do you?

There are plenty of poor folk that aren't going to be in heaven.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:26 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
then you should be in favor of the fair tax, meaning everone pays the same amount, after the 16th Amendment is repealed and all IRS workers are fired.
For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48
So when will you begin requiring much from those who collect welfare, or are you only concerned about the rich going to hell?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)

I would like to see everyone have the possibility of going to heaven and that is why I advocate that the rich be taxed to a point that they are no longer rich, thereby making it easier for their soul not to burn in Hell fire for all of eternity for being greedy bastards.

God bless Obama and some of the democrats for doing the Lords work by advocating that the Rich pay their fair share.

Why is it that liberals, who do not believe in God, always quote the Bible?

1. If we tax the rich (over $250K in income) at 100% (slavery with no money for food, water, or shelter), we would still have a $650 billion deficit.

2. The "rich" already pay essentially all the taxes. The bottom 50% do not pay thier "fair share".

3. There are MANY passages in the old and new testement regarding wealth, discussing the virtues of prospering from hard work and condemning greed. However, liberals fail to understand that most of the discussions of "wealth" and "power" are allegories for spiritual wealth and power- faith. Libs, as they really do not read the Bible, fail to understand this and will often pull isolated passages to support their political views.

The Bible and Christ are not about politics.

PS- When was the last time you helped out your fellow man in a significant way, my liberal friend, with actually sacrificing some of your "treasure"? I would offer that the response, in truth, would be "never", as liberals feel no personal responsibility to thier fellow man and feel as though that is the role of government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies