Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Digging Up the Popes Corpse
Just Creepy on all levels 13 50.00%
Sort of Creepy but doesn't bother me 4 15.38%
Normal part of the religion. 7 26.92%
I think dead bodies are cool 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Shows how much you need to learn. No one worships the Pope, we only worship God. Get some education. If one is in a crypt you do not need to dig them up, they are not buried.
I have plenty of education non of which I garnered from an ancient book of fairytales where I'm required to worhip an invisible, inaudible, unable god which requires pulling some dead guy out of his crip to to pray over and make his corpes a saint. Sorry but that's ridiculous and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The title of the thread makes no sense, nobody had to dig anyone up.
Oh, ok,,they pulled him out of his freaking crypt..That's just as creepy and ridiculous..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I have plenty of education non of which I garnered from an ancient book of fairytales where I'm required to worhip an invisible, inaudible, unable god which requires pulling some dead guy out of his crip to to pray over and make his corpes a saint. Sorry but that's ridiculous and you know it.

Oh, ok,,they pulled him out of his freaking crypt..That's just as creepy and ridiculous..
They put him where they could have easy access because there were in their eyes miracles and they expected already to make him a saint IMO.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

IMO I think you are creepy and ridiculous for being so ignorant. You say you are educated, I say you are not. Take or leave it, just like you can do with believing in anything. It's called free will. You have yours so let others have theirs and leave us alone.

Pope John Paul was buried in a plain wooden casket. I am sure they are not going to take his body out and prop it up, he will lie sort of in state like our presidents did.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
They put him where they could have easy access because there were in their eyes miracles and they expected already to make him a saint IMO.
How do you make a dead guy a saint? I have no idea what this means, does or why the corpse is needed. If the corpse stood up, that'd be a miracle but anything less than that is just really creepy behavior by the living. When a dead president gets his name on a building, they don't dig out his coffin to be at the ceremony. It's probably the strangest of some very strange religouse rituals.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
They had to DIG you say?

It is a process on the way to becoming a Saint I believe and I think you don't have to watch it on the Saint channel so don't worry about it.

He was a great man.

Pope John Paul 2, Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher are who won the cold war. May we be blessed again with such people in this world.
He didn't handle the sexual abuse of children by priests in a saintly way.

Quote:
Allegations that the late pontiff blocked an inquiry into a paedophile cardinal, promoted senior church figures despite accusations that they had molested boys and covered up innumerable cases of abuse during his 26-year papacy have cast a cloud over his path to sainthood.

The most serious claims related to Cardinal Hans Hermann Groer, an Austrian friend of John Paul’s who abused an estimated 2,000 boys over decades but never faced any sanction from Rome.
John Paul ‘ignored abuse of 2,000 boys’ -Times Online

Old 04-29-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I think you all spend to much time trying to find things to complain about. If you have free time on your hands, perhaps you can do some community volunteering instead?
I think people who dig up dead bodies of people, call these dead bodies saints even though, when alive, they intentionally overlooked sexual abuse of children, have too much free time!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
IMO I think you are creepy and ridiculous for being so ignorant. You say you are educated, I say you are not. Take or leave it, just like you can do with believing in anything. It's called free will. You have yours so let others have theirs and leave us alone.

Pope John Paul was buried in a plain wooden casket. I am sure they are not going to take his body out and prop it up, he will lie sort of in state like our presidents did.
Will people be looking at his rotting corpse?

And this:

Quote:
Blood taken from Pope John Paul II in his final days will be put on display for his beatification ceremony this Sunday, May 1st.
Pope John Paul II’s blood to go on display for beautification

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM

www.ewtn.com Go here to read about it the whole thing.

Pope John Paul ordered all American bishops to come to Rome for a conference on the sexual abuse issue. The mental health experts told the church leaders pedophilia was curable. Why aren't those so called experts being raked over the coals?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

You can call me whatever you want, I could care less about that. Presidents lie in state before they are laid to rest and they're never pulled out of their hole, crypt of cremetorium. It's a dead body. It has nothing to offer. It's just a weird, creepy cult ritual that you're free to enjoy. If this was some rural family pulling out their long since dead relative, people would be appalled but under the cover of religion, any ole foolishness is accepted.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Will people be looking at his rotting corpse?

And this:

Pope John Paul II’s blood to go on display for beautification
Some Pope's corpses never rot---why? Scientists are studying it. Why not get educated about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies