Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
There are only 2 things that cause the blood glucose levels to be higher than 200 mg/dL fasting. Either the body is not producing enough Insulin, or the Cells in the body are not Using the current Insulin effectively. Either way the evaluation is diabetes, no matter how many opinions you get.

You can bury YOUR head in the sand and ignore the truth here, but the bottom line is, the blood sugar is HIGH, and needs to be dealt with, before death ensues. A blood sugar of over 300 ml/dL can mean the beginning of Ketoacidosis, and that WILL kill you.
If someone gets a correct diagnosis so be it. I was talking about getting more than one medical opinion, to find out for sure. So you deliberately chose to ignore what I said. One of the posters on this thread, had to get MANY different medical opinions, before she was finally correctly diagnosed with diabetes.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually, I am in total agree with what emilybh stated. As for as your assertations that doctors are faking diabetes diagnoses, I absolutely do not.
I never asserted that, and I think that you know it. I was trying to point out that people who are initally diagnosed with diabetes, or any other disease, should get more than one medical opinion, just to make sure. PAY ATTENTION!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM

126 posts, read 275,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
If someone gets a correct diagnosis so be it. I was talking about getting more than one medical opinion, to find out for sure. So you deliberately chose to ignore what I said. One of the posters on this thread, had to get MANY different medical opinions, before she was finally correctly diagnosed with diabetes.
You don't need a second opinion on a blood test. Sorry.

You should continue treatment with your doctor who will continue to monitor your disease with a variety of metrics. This will give you conclusive evidence that you definitely have the disease and whether or not it is stable, progressive, or responding to lifestyle modifications.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
To begin with, it seems that you fail to understand that a "discussion" can entail a dialogue between people with differing opinions; you always seem incredulous whenever people disagree with you, and then start getting defensive and upset. And yes, when your "points" are a bunch of unfounded, whackadoodle nonsense, that you present as being hard, cold facts...I am going to tell you that you are wrong.

That said, there are no assumptions on my part in this thread...And I'll be damned if I am just going to let you continue to slander and malign my profession, and the work that I do every day, without comment.
Sounds to me, that YOU'RE the one getting defensive, and you're really take everything too personally. Disagreeing is one thing, but when you try to tell me that I said things that I didn't say, or take everything I say as being nonsense, then you have personal problem with me, not just my threads. And you've done this to me, for a long now. You LOVE to personally attack ME, rather than just diagree with my ideas!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
It's sad how some fat bastards are so deep into denial they have to pretend to know more then doctors simply because they don't want to admit their personal choices are what made them sick. They'll keep denying reality right up to the day they cut their legs off because of diabetes.
Bingo. No, the doctor is full of baloney - I feel just fine! Yeah, it's all a conspiracy, I TELL YOU! Now let me get back to my Dunkin Donuts and 32 oz sodee pop! What fools those idiots are eating their grass and granola, and wasting their time in the gym when they could be sitting on a sofa stuffing their faces with Ho-hos.

I am starting to get the idea that the OP thinks the diabetes epidemic is a fraud, because lately children as well as slim/not obese aduts are being diagnosed. It isn't a fraud - it's a fact. Thank your HFCS, thank your corn and soy lobbies - the fact is, diabetes is not only for fatties. It strikes other people too. And it can be reversed if dealt with in time - many people don't even know they are diabetic/prediabetic because they aren't under the regular care of a doctor. As for the OP claiming that she couldn't afford health care - that is what Medi-Cal is for!

Frankly, I am getting bored with people like the OP who always look for some preposterous excuse for avoiding personal responsibility. It's all big pharma - it's a conspiracy, they're all just out to make a quick buck on me! Jesus Christ on a moped. How about educating yourself on a subject before you post something as ridiculous as "the diabetes epidemic is a fraud". You have completely and thoroughly failed to provide a shred of evidence to support your supposition. The anecdotal evidence you've supplied is laughable at best - if you don't want to take medicine or see a doctor, that's fine! It's up to you - you are the one who has to live with the consequences of your choices. What exactly were you hoping to accomplish by starting this thread? Were you hoping that all people with chronic illness just flush all their meds down the toilet, so they can no longer be "manipulated" by the pharma conspiracy?

Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseENT View Post
Considering I am in the medical profession and you are just an internet troll, I don't think I'm the one who is naive. Also, you clearly have no idea how to evaluate source material in terms of reliability. Citing a malpractice lawyer's website as evidence is very unsophisticated to say the least. I do believe that the pharma companies have some influence in steering docs towards the prescribing of new and more expensive drugs. I think this is the minority of physicians and not the majority, based on my experience. I have never seen any evidence that pharma companies are influencing the actual diagnosis of diabetes and therefore contributing to a false epidemic. Bottom line is marketing fancy new drugs that very few patients use (especially the poor urban population who makes up the majority of new diabetic patients) does not cause new patients to be diagnosed as diabetic.
So you're in the medical profession eh. Well then you have an obvious bias, in favor of your profession, and can't have an objective discussion about these sorts of topics.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Bingo. No, the doctor is full of baloney - I feel just fine! Yeah, it's all a conspiracy, I TELL YOU! Now let me get back to my Dunkin Donuts and 32 oz sodee pop! What fools those idiots are eating their grass and granola, and wasting their time in the gym when they could be sitting on a sofa stuffing their faces with Ho-hos.

I am starting to get the idea that the OP thinks the diabetes epidemic is a fraud, because lately children as well as slim/not obese aduts are being diagnosed. It isn't a fraud - it's a fact. Thank your HFCS, thank your corn and soy lobbies - the fact is, diabetes is not only for fatties. It strikes other people too. And it can be reversed if dealt with in time - many people don't even know they are diabetic/prediabetic because they aren't under the regular care of a doctor. As for the OP claiming that she couldn't afford health care - that is what Medi-Cal is for!

Frankly, I am getting bored with people like the OP who always look for some preposterous excuse for avoiding personal responsibility. It's all big pharma - it's a conspiracy, they're all just out to make a quick buck on me! Jesus Christ on a moped. How about educating yourself on a subject before you post something as ridiculous as "the diabetes epidemic is a fraud". You have completely and thoroughly failed to provide a shred of evidence to support your supposition. The anecdotal evidence you've supplied is laughable at best - if you don't want to take medicine or see a doctor, that's fine! It's up to you - you are the one who has to live with the consequences of your choices. What exactly were you hoping to accomplish by starting this thread? Were you hoping that all people with chronic illness just flush all their meds down the toilet, so they can no longer be "manipulated" by the pharma conspiracy?
People 'taking responsibility' has nothing to do with the fact, that the big pharma companies, have corupted the medical profession. People should ALWAYS take person responsibility for their lives, no matter what. But you can go ahead with your utter denial about the pharma companies. Like another poster ponted out, Americans have tolerated being duped, for ages now.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,490 times
Quote:
People 'taking responsibility' has nothing to do with the fact, that the big pharma companies, have corupted the medical profession. People should ALWAYS take person responsibility for their lives, no matter what. But you can go ahead with your utter denial about the pharma companies. Like another poster ponted out, Americans have tolerated being duped, for ages now.
Pharma this, Pharma that. Your tin-foil hat is too tight. It's crushing your brain.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM

126 posts, read 275,942 times
Quote:
So you're in the medical profession eh. Well then you have an obvious bias, in favor of your profession, and can't have an objective discussion about these sorts of topics.
Can a mechanic be objective about how a car works?

Very simple and flawed thinking.

As a physician, I understand how the human body works, the pathogenesis of diabetes, and the basis for diagnosis and treatment. This does not make me biased, it makes me more informed than you.

Agree with above poster. You have not provided any evidence that the pharma companies influence the diagnosis of diabetes.

I will not deny that pharma companies have some influence on the practice of medicine and what medications are prescribed by some doctors. But this has nothing to do with diagnosis.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Pharma this, Pharma that. Your tin-foil hat is too tight. It's crushing your brain.
Go on and keep kidding yourself. No body can force you to wake up and smell the coffee, if you refuse to do it on your own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies