Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I have a lot of problems with this president, but one thing is for certain...President Obama is a hero today..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/limbaugh-thank...
Don't get your hopes up. Limbaugh was being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
I listened for about an 1 1/2 too. It was all sarcasm. He was mocking Obama the whole time except for him "continuing bush's strategies"
What did you expect? He can't hide his disappointment seeing Obama succeed. He was almost crying.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM

76 posts, read 123,540 times
Quote:
I have a lot of problems with this president, but one thing is for certain...President Obama is a hero today..

Oh my god, after reading this I think I'm going to work on my End of The World Cellur, because we have just been informed the world will indeed end!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:07 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There's a c-d poster who brags about calling in to his show and talking to him 5 times LOL!

LMAO! And no doubt Rush remembers that person and will be sharing his drugs as soon as they're able to meet!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
Limbaugh was obviously being sarcastic, and all Obama did was give an ok. A simple green light, now he is held up like he is the Messiah. It was the intelligence and work of several other people, most of them not named Obama. That is if you believe the story given...

Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:

You don't get he was mocking him in part because he was doing all this ME ME ME regarding DNA, using CIA teams like the military hadn't thought of all this?
Rush was saying the result was great, but Obama taking credit for this like it was only his choices when our military does this every day is ridiculous.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
In the few minutes of Limbaugh I was able to hear today, he was ramping up the hate and disinformation, same as usual.

His schtick was to say that Obama was taking sole credit for the planning and execution of the OBL hit.

Ridiculous in its premise and dishonest in its presentation, but the kind of thing his audience eats up with a spoon.
I can report
I directed
I was briefed
I met repeatedly
I determined
At MY direction
I've made clear
I've repeatedly made clear
I called President Zardari
I, as Commander-in-Chief

-President Obama.

Sure sounded like he hopped over on AF1, got off the plan, walked to the compound, kicked in the door, shot OBL dead, then took a nap, then flew back to the US like nothing happened. The guy is an egomaniac.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I can report
I directed
I was briefed
I met repeatedly
I determined
At MY direction
I've made clear
I've repeatedly made clear
I called President Zardari
I, as Commander-in-Chief

-President Obama.

Sure sounded like he hopped over on AF1, got off the plan, walked to the compound, kicked in the door, shot OBL dead, then took a nap, then flew back to the US like nothing happened. The guy is an egomaniac.
You forgot all the me me me as well happening, but in spirit the I I I you posted caught our President last night.
A sign of his great weaknesses IMO.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I listened to his show for the first hour and a half, all he did was mock President Obama, Hufpo got
this wrong. He did give Obama kudos for continuing GWB's policies, that's it.

Well he should be congratulated for following Bush's policies. He campaigned on changing them, but saw he was wrong an held course.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
The rightwings, the teabaggers, the conservatives, and the nutbags are just Pisssssssing all over themselves today, aren't they?

Good. They just can't stand that boy george fell flat on his chimpface while President Obama cleans up his messes, including Osama bin Laden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies