Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times

Advertisements

"How Many Gays Must God Create......"

What an assumption.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

What an assumption.
Listen to the vid, it is in response to the religious right who use religious arguments for using secular government to enact their wishes.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

What an assumption.
I know. Fictional characters creating real men

Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,826 times
I'm glad God made Elton John and Tenesee Williams but i could do without that Richard Simmons guy.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Murderers, rapists, and crazy people hurt other people. How do gays harm people? ( and do not bring up any argument related to STDs - completely baseless).

I am not going to bring STDs. I am talking about creating people. God created Jeff Dahmer. God created Ted Bundy too.

I don't think God should be brought into the whole gay discussion.

God creating something doesn't mean it should or should not be accepted.

People should / should not be accepted for who they are, their characters Not because they were created a certain way.

I like gay people actually. My uncle is gay, my best friend is gay... I find gay people fun and hmm gay.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:32 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am not going to bring STDs. I am talking about creating people. God created Jeff Dahmer. God created Ted Bundy too.

I don't think God should be brought into the whole gay discussion.

God creating something doesn't mean it should or should not be accepted.

People should / should not be accepted for who they are, their characters Not because they were created a certain way.

I like gay people actually. My uncle is gay, my best friend is gay... I find gay people fun and hmm gay.
That is the point of the video, he is responding to those who use God as a justification for using government force against gays.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
That is the point of the video, he is responding to those who use God as a justification for using government force against gays.
I know. I don't think God should be brought into the whole homosexuality discussion.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I know. Fictional characters creating real men
"real" men?

OK, I'm convinced, God! You can stop making them now!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I find that hard to believe. If a hospital in-patient requests that his partner--or anyone else--be allowed in to see him, the hospital has to comply. Hospitals have no authority to deny visitation rights on their own. All the dying person has to do is tell the hospital who can come in as visitors and who cannot.
Constitution of Virginia:
Section 15-A. Marriage.
That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.

Don't try to see your partner in a state run teaching hospital.

In addition, if one partner is in a coma, in most states then the family takes over and can say the other partner cannot visit. This is the principle enshrined in the Va. constitution now. It nulls wills, powers of attorneys etc. for gay couples. In Va. Commissioners of Accounts are responsible for making sure wills are carried out. They are part of local govt. which makes wills of gay people void.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I find that hard to believe. If a hospital in-patient requests that his partner--or anyone else--be allowed in to see him, the hospital has to comply. Hospitals have no authority to deny visitation rights on their own. All the dying person has to do is tell the hospital who can come in as visitors and who cannot.
That's what I thought.

I go to the Hospital every week (pregnancy issues) and my boyfriend comes with me every time... Even when I was hospitalized he was there.

I don't know about dying people but I thought the same rule applied to them?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies