Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Well, the WH has squandered a golden opportunity to make OBL look like a coward who was living in a mansion with his harem, while his moronic devotees suffer in every corner of the world to undertake their so called jihad. That kind of thing would have had the most powerful effect on most of the brainwashed Islamic world.

Yet with all the new versions of the story, it just looks bizarre and mixed up that it actually does gross injustice to the military's seal six team which made the cleanest of military ops in record time in the most dangerous place on earth.

It could have been done much better with a proper game plan. When the military does its job, the civilian side of the government is supposed to complement them and not FUBAR it like a bunch of kids mopped up the wedding cake and stood with cream smeared all over LOL Yikes
Agreed, and now Obama is on his spiking the football tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 04:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Exactly. If the secret mission went off without a
hitch we might have had to wait longer for any story.

The failed/burned helicopter left behind
forced a story earlier than they wanted to release one IMO.
I'm not buying the fact that they released the story was because of a helicopter left behind. Foreign media is showing video footage of bedrooms with blood all over the place among other things.

Helicopter, or no helicopter, the story would have come out regardless, and they had eight months to come up with a "story"..

Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Maybe Obama will exceed 72 versions.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:36 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Ahhh, so your are not a deep thinker!
More like a deep sleeper.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Another dumb thread against Obama, how original. Yawn.
Have another glass of kool-aid.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Have another glass of kool-aid.
Mmm, grape!

Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
I'm just happy the guy is dead. I don't care how it all went down, nor do I think we need to know. I'm also happy that they did NOT take him alive. That would have been a huge international mess. We had the authority in the court of international public opinion to take him out, and we did. This is the first time I have ever felt that Obama did something 100% spot on correct, and I DO give him credit for it.

That said, it is a little disconcerting why the story keeps changing. I'm also a little disappointed that he won't release the photos, but if their release will put our troops in additional harm's way, then I'd rather they not be released.

I'm sure he will use this victory in his re-election campaign, but I can't say I blame him. It is a huge victory and ANY sitting president would do the same. I still think he's an overall failure of a president and that he would not have been able to take down OBL without the previous administration's intelligence work, BUT, for this day and this one instance, I am proud of my president. Tomorrow is another day.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Maybe try the new age music thread, this is politics which is based on debate and opposing visions for America. You can't possibly expect a lack of partisanship because both sides are at war of a sort.
One side wants smaller government, balanced budgets, reduced control of politicians and temporary safety nets for people (except for handicapped folks).
The other side wants most everything through the government, to tax the breath out of everyone and to give social programs from cradle to grave in exchange for power, the vote and a broke nation.
For the first time, I'm speechless at my keyboard. If you think politics is nothing more than two sides battling out opposing viewpoints, then you are too far gone to reason with. Would you even WANT it to be different or are you completely comfortable in an us vs. them world? What you describe as the position of "the other side" is the biggest fabrication and distortion I've read in a while. Since it appears you are unable to allow an alternative to black and white thinking and won't acknowledge that such a think exists right now or that it is even commendable, I see no reason to continue this discussion. No practical solution would ever manifest from such an extremist and unyielding perspective.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:55 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
LOL, funny. But seriously, I was under the impression that they deliberately wanted to create conspiracy theories as a distraction. Now with how much this is making the administration look bad, I'm not so sure. Can they be this bad at lying and think they can get away with it?

Old 05-05-2011, 05:59 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,790,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Obama and his focus groups have turned pure gold into pure caca!
The versions are now changing hourly.
Jeez!...what stupidity. These guys would have difficulty with a lemonade stand!
What? No congratulations on a job well done? Who cares if there are 72000 versions of the story if the ending to them all is the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies