Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be created the independent state of Palestine?
Yes, they deserve to have their own country 82 71.93%
No, this land belongs to Israel 32 28.07%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Agreed, amigo. It's sad

It almost seems like people have given the Jews a blank cheque to do whatever they want, just coz they were persecuted in the holocaust. That doesn't give them the right to perpetrate a holocaust against the Palestinian people

What bothers me is that most of these people are devout christians and they are influenced by their pastor's Sunday preaching about Israel and the Israelites, and evangelical nuts, and more preaching from the likes of Beck, O'Reilly and Rush (all of them paid by the Jewish lobby). I'm a fairly devout catholic myself and I often get chided for not supporting the "only civilized country in the Middle East". Their term, verbatim

what a load of crap....... there is not a holocaust against the Palestinians..

I see no extermination camps, forced labor camps, large populations of Palestinians being marched to train stations and loaded onto cattle cars...

No crematoriums, no mass graves.... hmmmm doesn't look like a holocaust to me...

try again.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Do you think Palestinians should have their own independent country or they should stay under Israeli control? This poll is anonymous.
This will be the first time a sovereign nation will carve itself up, just to create a new, independent sovereign nation for another people. Add to this, the leaders of this newly created country have sworn to bring their destruction.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wow. I am in TOTAL SHOCK at the votes. 45% of people think Palestine should be their own country?! Do any of you dipsticks have any idea what God will do to us if we end up making it happen in reality?! God will split the U.S. into two just like Israel!! I've read more than 20 different prophetic visions and dreams from various people who said they saw the U.S. being split apart right in the middle from a major earthquake!! If Palestine gets split from Israel, the New Madrid fault line WILL go off and will split the U.S. in half and DESTROY the mid-west!!
Omfg....... good thing I live on the East coast..... phew......

Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
AFTER Jews stole their homeland, right?

I'd try and destroy anyone who took my home.

You know it is not just the Palestinians who were living there. There were Christians, Jews, and Druize living there. Only the Palestinians revolted. The Druize sided with the Jewish state...

Now the Druize are important in israeli society. They still live in Druize villages.

Life seems good for them....

Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Israel is a state run by Jews-Zionists. Not hard to guess that Muslims are not very welcome there.

YouTube - ‪Zionist "tourists" watch bombs drop on Gaza‬‏

There are many Arab Palestinian Israeli citizens living in Israel......

Old 06-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
The Palestinians are native to the land. The Israelis are actually Eastern Europeans and Ethiopians. They do not belong in the region. Look it up.

I was educated in private school, FILLED with Jews who tended to be pro-Israel, and I came out as anti-Israel as can be. You would think that with a city run by a big Zionist like Bloomberg, and a school filled with Zionists, I would come out one too but I saw the light. Managed to convince a few Jewish friends how disgusting Israel is, the others are lost causes.
Jews have a long history of living in the middle east and most were expelled from their homes with the growth of Arab nationalism and the formation of the state of Israel.

You would be wrong:

Jews of the Middle East

Mizrahim are Jews who never left the Middle East and North Africa since the beginnings of the Jewish people 4,000 years ago. In 586 B.C.E., the Babylonian Empire (ancient Iraq) conquered Yehudah (Judah), the southern region of ancient Israel.

Babylonians occupied the Land of Israel and exiled the Yehudim (Judeans, or Jews), as captives into Babylon. Some 50 years later, the Persian Empire (ancient Iran) conquered the Babylonian Empire and allowed the Jews to return home to the land of Israel. But, offered freedom under Persian rule and daunted by the task of rebuilding a society that lay in ruins, most Jews remained in Babylon. Over the next millennia, some Jews remained in today's Iraq and Iran, and some migrated to neighboring lands in the region (including today's Syria, Yemen, and Egypt), or emigrated to lands in Central and East Asia (including India, China, and Afghanistan).

Jews in the Arab world

Before 1948 an estimated 900,000 Jews lived in what we now know as the Arab states. Since then, the vast majority have left, forcibly in many cases, bringing the total down to fewer than 8,000. The conflict with Israel has undoubtedly been a major factor in this.

The history of Jewish communities in the Arab world is not widely known and tends to be denied or played down by Arabs, often for political reasons.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
How is the bombing of a Argentine synagogue not a terrorist act?

How is shooting rockets into Israeli civilian towns not a terrorist act?

How is crossing the Northern border into Israel and kidnapping soldiers not a terrorist act?

How is killing these same people in Lebanon and bartering their bodies not a terrorist act?

How is shooting an Israeli citizen 300 yards/meters into Israel not a terrorist act?

How is any of these "Defending their land"??
Whoa, armed soldiers are never kidnapped, that is an insult to a lot of soldiers, the Israeli bloke had a choice, he could have gone down fighting to the end .

Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,121 times
How does this end well for Israel ?
(The worst thing in the world would be if Israel permanently controls the West Bank and basically because of demographics in a very short time, you'll have a Jewish minority ruling over an Arab majority. )

Now what will happen is that Israel will rule and occupy the West bank permanently but the Palestinians will not have a vote and that is apartheid.

The EU will slam sanctions on and Israel will be out of trade and sports with Europe and other countries

Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
The underlying problem is not the Palestinian people, of course. It's the combination of Hamas and al-Fatah as their "leadership," which has to be put in quotation marks because leadership is not their primary interest.

Well, let me correct myself. There are actually two problems here. The other one is the OP's axe to grind--which is on display in more than one thread on this topic.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
They had the 'option'--in 1947--of being given 45% of their own country.

We are now debating whether they have a right to independence in 22% of their own country.
Can you remind me why they lost their land again? I think it might have something to do with declaring war on Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Agreed, amigo. It's sad

It almost seems like people have given the Jews a blank cheque to do whatever they want, just coz they were persecuted in the holocaust. That doesn't give them the right to perpetrate a holocaust against the Palestinian people

What bothers me is that most of these people are devout christians and they are influenced by their pastor's Sunday preaching about Israel and the Israelites, and evangelical nuts, and more preaching from the likes of Beck, O'Reilly and Rush (all of them paid by the Jewish lobby). I'm a fairly devout catholic myself and I often get chided for not supporting the "only civilized country in the Middle East". Their term, verbatim
What about how the Arabs treated the 1,000,000 Middle Eastern Jews that they expelled from their countries? How about how non-Muslims are treated by Iran and Saudi Arabia? How about the treatment of the Kurds by the Turks and Arabs in Iraq and Syria?

How come nobody gives a flying f--k about these cases? Methinks that the fact that Israelis are Jews probably has something to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies