Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree That Ron Paul Is Not A Conservative ?
YES 15 41.67%
NO 21 58.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,520,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Ron Paul's political ideology is more popular in San Francisco than it is in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Check your facts. Nebraska was one of his 10 best states in 2008; California was not. I think Nevada was his best showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 04:03 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,886,450 times
If we keep on the path that we have been on, there will be no SS left when many of us retire. Our wonderful federal gov't keeps raiding it to pay off their spending spree. Public schools have progressively deteriorated over the last couple of decades.

I also believe in these programs, just not under the control of the criminals that have been running them lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I believe in personal responsibility, but also support Medicare, Social Security, and public schools. You know, stuff that actually improves the US.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,459,383 times
Quote:
True conservatives aren't praised by anti-christian pot smokers from Berkeley, California.

If the leftwing does not get angry at the mere mention of your name, than you are not a conservative.
Because it's them against us! you're either on our team or against it!

If they like him then I hate him............I don't care what he stands for

It's this type of mentality that will get Obama re-elected friend.

I can't tell you how many younger people I know that would vote republican if the party would just lighten up on the social issues and distance itself from the crazy religious right. we get that vote no matter what anyways because they're stupid. They were raised by stupid people. There friends and the people they suround themselves with are stupid. they can be easily manipulated because they're subject to tricks like nationalism. A rah rah rah pep rally, a few american flags and some country music playing will put them on the wagon but it takes more than that to convince inteligent people that think for themselves to jump on board.

Ron Paul is the man

Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And we all know believing government knows best isn't a naive position at all.
Believing in the government that tells government is your worst enemy is the hallmark of being naive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
If we keep on the path that we have been on, there will be no SS left when many of us retire.
...which would be the dream come true for the right wingers.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 05-16-2011 at 07:35 AM..

Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,369,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Ron Paul is an ACTUAL CONSERVATIVE.

Unlike all these fake conservatives like Mitt Romney.
NO, he's a Libertarian.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 AM

1,137 posts, read 3,367,276 times
Exclamation Honesty in a politician is RARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
He's naïve more than anything.
I think Ron Paul is more aware and honest than any other politician!

He predicted the housing crisis in the 2008 debates. And has been saying that monitizing the debt will only hurt America, wanting to go back to the gold standard, which is controversial but sensible to me.

His views toward legalizing drugs...are toward state and not fed control of legalizing them. This gives the states and it's citicens the power not the fed gov. to make these decisions/laws if they so choose. Power to the people.

He wants the federal government to what our founding fathers wanted, protect it's citicens and keep out of running everything ie: limited government involvement in things such as the Department of Education.

Low taxes, free market, ...

Who is Ron Paul?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 AM

7,083 posts, read 12,088,853 times
I like how Ron Paul is now losing his shorts after sticking his foot into his mouth once again with another racist statement, so people try and re-brand him as a liberal. Even though he's heavily conservative Christian (anti-abortion, gay marriage), and has been happily championed by the GOP for nearly 20 years.

This is just a pathetic sign of trying of conservatives trying to cut their losses in support, I love the irony.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,917,838 times
Ron Paul is merely a tool, to the typical con-men (and con-women).

Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM

17,523 posts, read 24,776,355 times
Quote:
Ron Paul's political ideology is more popular in San Francisco than it is in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Yes, I agree with the entire statement. With him as president the government would not be involved regulating abortion, same sex marriage or drugs. However that does make him the Conservative and the others something else

Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,520,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Because it's them against us! you're either on our team or against it!

If they like him then I hate him............I don't care what he stands for

It's this type of mentality that will get Obama re-elected friend.
It will...and it's evidently never occurred to the OP that possibly the people named aren't as "left-wing" as they appear, if they like Ron Paul. Yet that's as logical an interpretation as what she said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies