Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 06:25 AM

827 posts, read 1,673,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Hate to break it to you but there was no "Adam and Eve" - it's a myth.
OH and YOU would know HOW? I believe there WAS an Adam and Eve. Just because you don't believe doesn't make it true.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,456,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Well, I'd have to say that they use Blacks as an example of discrimination; because people like you are so focused on hating, discriminating and condemning them.

You know, discrimination at it's purest form.

Homosexuals have a much longer history of being discriminated against, marginalized, tortured and murdered; than Blacks.

Yet it remains a mystery to ....YOU.

And if you think homosexuals choose to be homosexuals, you're ignorant and completely self-absorbed in your Bilically Correct bias.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Yes, I have documentation. Do you?
I actually would like to see your documentation.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,396,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
OH and YOU would know HOW? I believe there WAS an Adam and Eve. Just because you don't believe doesn't make it true.
Are you upset because I let it slip that Santa Claus is a myth too? Sorry about that.

But you had to know the truth some day.

Here's the simple answer to your question.
Spoiler
DNA

Last edited by Ceist; 05-23-2011 at 07:49 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino
Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. Why is that?

Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.
Your questions in themselves demonstrates that you have no idea what you're talking about. Gays are not "playing a race race" when they compare their struggle (as a group) to get acceptances and equality to the Civil Rights Movement that blacks went through to gain equality and acceptances as equals. Gays aren't blaming blacks for anti-gay attitudes by making the comparison. Where ever did you come up with that twisted logic? When history looks back on this generation in America it will bear witness to the fact that there are parallels in the Civil Rights Movement to the Gay Rights Movement. If you can't see that, your educational in sociology is sorely lacking.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,785,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is to dramatize thier situation and insinuate that percieved ill treatment of gays is the moral equivilent of slavery. It is fallacious and disturbing.
Right, because it's not like gays haven't been murdered or had attempted genocide against them for being gay or anything. Gays can't possibly have suffered throughout the world like slaves owned by Christians

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Whether there was a real Adam and Eve or not is up for debate. There could have been 2 humans called that, but 1) They absolutely were not the first/only humans on earth and 2) It seems unlikely in Hebrew, since Adam is literally the Hebrew word for "mankind", "humanity". Seems like Adam personified the human race more so than being an actual person.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:58 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Right, because it's not like gays haven't been murdered or had attempted genocide against them for being gay or anything. Gays can't possibly have suffered throughout the world like slaves owned by Christians
Your statement is a prime example of flawed moral equivilence. So you really think that the plight of gays is the same as those who have suffered from slavery? Such sentiments are an insult to the real misery endured by people who were actually enslaved. Such a contention is outrageous.

You are obviously anti-Christian (most gays are) and have some deep seated hatred of Chrisitians. Did you realize that the Muslims were the primary instigators and facilitators of the African slave trade? Do you realize that slavery is still alive and well in many Muslim regions?

I guess when gays participate in hatred of other groups they should not expect decency and acceptance by those groups. Sentiments of hatred tend to expand beyond one group and I would not be surprised to learn that you have problems with other groups of people than just Christians. I have nothing against gays, but apparently you have something against Christians.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
Quote:
Do you realize that slavery is still alive and well in many Muslim regions?
it's alive and well practically everywhere, although not always in the form of unpaid agricultural labor

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Your statement is a prime example of flawed moral equivilence. So you really think that the plight of gays is the same as those who have suffered from slavery? Such sentiments are an insult to the real misery endured by people who were actually enslaved. Such a contention is outrageous.
You do know 10s of thousands of gays were killed in the Holocaust for being gay right? Uganda, a country with a higher percentage of Christians than the US is attempting to pass a "kill the gays" bill to execute or inprison anyone who is perceived as gay or even associates with gays. Countless gays have been murdered and assasinated in this country. Harvey Milk and Matthew Shepard ring any bells?

It's not outrageous at all. Gays have been grossly mistreated too. Why do we need to have a contest of who has suffered the worst?

Quote:
You are obviously anti-Christian (most gays are) and have some deep seated hatred of Chrisitians. Did you realize that the Muslims were the primary instigators and facilitators of the African slave trade? Do you realize that slavery is still alive and well in many Muslim regions?
Way to generalize. I'm a Messianic Jew. Do you know what that is? The Apostles were the first ones. I'm not anti Christian, I'm anti fundamentalist right wing crazies. And many gays are anti-Christian because of lies you fundamentalists keep spreading about them.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,559,136 times
Quote:
Most males who rape other males are heterosexual, not gay.
any man who willfully has sexual relations with another man is a homosexual by definition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies