Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
America never sent even one soldier to defend Israel. And your aid is a subsidy to your weapon industry. I wish you will end it. We are capable of produce weapons by our own.
This has changed.
US establishes first permanent military base in Israel - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 06:45 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
America never sent even one soldier to defend Israel. And your aid is a subsidy to your weapon industry. I wish you will end it. We are capable of produce weapons by our own.
History is your friend..The US has been a staunch friend of Israel from the beginning...including pulling your chestnuts out of the fire more than once--most notably in the Yom Kippur war.

We have sent untold Billions of dollars in various aid over the decades...billions. The US has always had Israel's back---and other nations know it..and Israel owes its very existence to this fact. Like it..or not.

Yeah..you can produce weapons of your own...of course..you have no raw materials..very little industrial base..limited electrical generation to sustain an industrial base of the size needed.

The amount of material used in modern warfare is huge..I doubt that Israel could sustain 30 days of open war..without massive resupply.

How much oil does Israel have again? Refining capacity? Odds of any of that surviving intact through a real war?

We prop you up..and always have.

Yes, you have nukes..and the day you use them..is the day Israel ends.

Israel is the tail that wags the US dog--but there is growing sentiment to change that.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
History is your friend..The US has been a staunch friend of Israel from the beginning...including pulling your chestnuts out of the fire more than once--most notably in the Yom Kippur war.

We have sent untold Billions of dollars in various aid over the decades...billions. The US has always had Israel's back---and other nations know it..and Israel owes its very existence to this fact. Like it..or not.

Yeah..you can produce weapons of your own...of course..you have no raw materials..very little industrial base..limited electrical generation to sustain an industrial base of the size needed.

The amount of material used in modern warfare is huge..I doubt that Israel could sustain 30 days of open war..without massive resupply.

How much oil does Israel have again? Refining capacity? Odds of any of that surviving intact through a real war?

Israel is the tail that wags the US dog--but there is growing sentiment to change that.
Maybe you should look up history before 1973 before misquoting it. Before 1973 military aid was Millions and not Billions. Most was done due to the US cold war with the USSR. The highest percentage was 1971 and 1972. Before 1971 nearly nothing in military aid.

Total U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel (1949-Present)

Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Maybe you should look up history before 1973 before misquoting it. Before 1973 military aid was Millions and not Billions. Most was done due to the US cold war with the USSR. The highest percentage was 1971 and 1972. Before 1971 nearly nothing in military aid.

Total U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel (1949-Present)

Not sure how 1973 enters into..I was referring to total aid...As to my Yom Kippur war ref.---was referring to our threats to Egypt.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Not sure how 1973 enters into..I was referring to total aid...As to my Yom Kippur war ref.---was referring to our threats to Egypt.
The threat was FROM Egypt who were supplied with Russian paid MIGs. Again the cumulative Billions you mention is not aid that Israel can do whatever they want to do with. It's welfare for the US military sector.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,949 times
Quote:
That being said, Israel is in violation of the Camp David Accords and UN resolutions by their occupation and resettlement of areas reserved for the Palestinians. The West Bank.

Usually when a State is in violation of treaties and UN resolutions, sanctions follow...why is Israel exempt?
The UN is a joke. Their resolutions are biased and meaningless. But I do love that UNESCO resolution that Jews have no claim to Jerusalem. Anyone who really believes that is retarded.

Was Russia sanctioned by the UN over Crimea? (Russia vetoed it)
Syria over their treatment of civilians during the civil war?
Iran for training and arming terrorist organizations (Hamas and Hezbollah).

Israel on the other hand, has a big target on its back and is fair game for all types of assaultive UN actions.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:12 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:

Again, USA did not send even one soldier to defend Israel. It did send weapon. And the reason for this is to have a high influence on a nuclear state. You know, everything in this world has a price. I think you have a very good deal.
Israel is producing mortars, тanks, other weaponry. Do you really think that we cannot produce fighting jets? We actually had a project called Lavi in the 80-s before USA bribed a lot of people to kill it so we will buy your stuff.
Yes, we have nukes. Do you really think that other countries will take a risk of evaporation for Damascus and Cairo?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Israel has been a 90%+ secular nation all the way back when Zionism was on paper. Israel wants to be a traditional Jewish state and not a religious state. The "God given" land part has not happened yet per the religious part of Israelis as they do not recognize the state of Israel, but are all gung ho for going after the land of Israel (there is a difference). The rest of you (who is "us"??) don't need to be courageous in relation to Israel, just let it do what it needs to be done and stay out of it's way. This is between the Israelis, the Arabs and the Iranians.
I agree.

However, I don't know why you say the Iranians. If attacking the Iranians will in any way affect the United States negatively, then I'm against it. I don't want this country drawn into that conflict whatsoever....that means not contributing to the funding of a single bullet fired.

Otherwise, fine.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
but not really

US contradicts Israeli military and claims it doesn't have a base in Israel - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies