Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Ummm nope. The ideals spoken of in that letter are more in line with the hardcore teabagger types.
Nope. Sounds more like a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Columnist Biography - Charles M. Blow - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com

For those who think we've left this kind of thing behind, think again.

What moron would assume that Blow is Jewish?

Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,327,483 times
I wouldn't put it past the Times to make this up out of whole cloth.

Anyone remember Jayson Blair?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_...cation_scandal

Google Walter Duranty some time.

Last edited by Cavaturaccioli; 05-28-2011 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: to add link

Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm curious is the goal of the Left to have all 310 million people in this country to think the same on racial matters? Will such letters be deemed criminal as they are in much of Europe under the Left?

I don't understand why a letter like this is particularly shocking.
So, committing violence against somebody based solely on their race seems perfectly normal to you?

Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Nope. Sounds more like a liberal.
Ok yeah it's liberal christian haters and the politicians that pander to them who persecute gays, Jews, and any other type they feel goes against their beliefs. Sorry, I forgot that fact.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:33 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Columnist Biography - Charles M. Blow - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com

For those who think we've left this kind of thing behind, think again.
Did the letter have the Democratic National Committee stamp on it, or the Arab League's?

Old 05-28-2011, 10:44 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
*yawn*

I don't seem to recall the outrage a while back when republicans were getting death threats.

*yawn*

Maybe when we see the same from your side of the aisle when republicans are faced with similar rhetoric...we'll care.
Exactly. Where was her outrage when somebody sent Rep. Peter King a bloody pig's foot and letter full of hateful, anti-semitic slurs? I'll bet she was secretly applauding. We know liberals pick-and-choose which hateful acts to "tolerate" (gay and racial slurs from black basketball players is also acceptable behavior to them).

Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Whats scary is the trail of wingnuts immediately labeling this racist idiot a "liberal"

Ideology trumps fact and reason in the mind of a wingnut. Pump them full of Rushie Limbaugh and their partisan hatred will know no boundaries

Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Why is it that I suspect that the writer of that filth may well be someone right on this forum?
There are many here who sound as though they share his viewpoint, I agree.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I hesitated to even revisit this thread because of the responses I had seen. I see that few people are willing to say that this letter is completely wrong, no matter who wrote it. This person, whatever their political affiliation, is sick and hateful, and should be called out on their use of violence and derogatory names.

Shame on those of you who are trying to use this to score political points off your opponents. This type of thing transcends mere politics. Where is your humanity?

HA! Humanity in America?

Haven't you heard? We are stridently opposed to affordable healthcare for all, quite happy to let the poorest amongst us die. We have no problem with torture and thinks it makes us safer. We have no problem with killing a million innocent people in order to insure oil companies make world record quarterly profits time after time. (They can even pollute the Gulf of Mexico if they want)

It goes on from there. I think I've made my point. If you want to know what happened to our "humanity" just spend a week listening to talk radio, where you are almost assured of getting a shrieking wingnut to further indoctrinate you.

Humanity in America is no longer fashionable. It's every man, woman and child for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies