Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When shopping while 'black' do you feel...
like your being watched, and afraid to even tie your shoes.. 12 17.65%
Feel at ease...and those who worry about such things must be guilty.. 4 5.88%
Feel those who monitor the security systems should be better trained.. 3 4.41%
Just ignore it all..and accept that's how society is..black or white... 8 11.76%
I'm to slick, they could never catch me... 5 7.35%
Have never noticed such PA annoucements... 20 29.41%
It happens to me too, and I'm white... 11 16.18%
Other... 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:41 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
Let me help you out...

: smack:
I have to spread it around before I can rep you again.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:42 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Lol cause whites don't do this at all, ever.
Strawman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Who am I to tell them what they do or do not go through in their lives.
Then who are you to say blacks have it so much horribly worse than everyone else? Have you walked in the shoes of a white guy in DC?

Quote:
And no, I do not think that a black man in the Whitehouse is NOT particularly noteworthy. Your assumptions are incredulous.
A black guy wins in a landslide election, and that's not noteworthy?

Quote:
I merely stated that society continues on...with its racism and all. So I guess the president is going to swoop over every city and eradicate every incident of racism he witnesses? My son can still potentially be called the "N" word. Black people will still be followed in stores. Racism will continue. That's my point. It's not that difficult to grasp.
Nobody said racism wouldn't continue. But you are acting as if this is some huge epidemic of black people all being followed through stores. But that never happens to white people right.

Quote:
"Its is blacks disdaining education and dropping out in droves."

Really? You stated that as a fact.
Look at the numbers. Look at the numbers for crime, out of wedlock births, you can't deny these problems are disproportionate in certain communities.

Quote:
So no "whites" disdain education or drop out of school? Please refer back to my second paragraph.
Strawman again.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:44 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This post (better yet, anti-Black rant) has earned you a well-deserved place on the ignore list.

Note: I did not find it necessary to go off on a tangent about the prevalance of sex offenders and child molesters who are White. Or include a blurb about the number of White teachers (male and female) who are always arrested for having sex with their underage students. Yet your kind always feels the need to bring in issues that are completely off-topic as a justification for the bigotry. So if I repeatedly stated that I do not like White people because the majority of sex offenders and serial killers are White, the White posters on C-D would howl to holy hell about how "irrelevant" those facts are but have no problem trotting out anti-Black stereotypes as if they are biblical truths.
Thank you.

Attacks and insults used as ammunition. What a sign of weakness. But hey, that's his trump card.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:46 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Strawman.
It's not a strawman. The idea that blacks have kids out of wedlock, contribute to crime, etc. only has relevance if whites don't do the same things. But whites do. It really doesn't tell us anything about the black race as a whole, except that the black race is just like the white race and every other race--human.

Quote:
Look at the numbers. Look at the numbers for crime, out of wedlock births, you can't deny these problems are disproportionate in certain communities.
True, but it's not based on race because there are plenty of white communities with the same exact problems, in high proportions.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Strawman.

Then who are you to say blacks have it so much horribly worse than everyone else? Have you walked in the shoes of a white guy in DC?

A black guy wins in a landslide election, and that's not noteworthy?

Nobody said racism wouldn't continue. But you are acting as if this is some huge epidemic of black people all being followed through stores. But that never happens to white people right.

Strawman again.
You failed. Go back and reread my post sloooowly. You'll get it.

I didn't mention crime or wedlock births. I said EDUCATION. Furthermore, my point was to merely enlighten the Moth person that he stated that "ITS BLACKS disdaining education and dropping out in droves." This is a fact that completely ruled out white people from this statement, which we all know is not the case.

Strawman? Really? If he made a blanket statement that "Its blacks disdaining education and dropping out in droves," my comment about my stance on education completely applies.

Try a little harder.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
It's not a strawman. The idea that blacks have kids out of wedlock, contribute to crime, etc. only has relevance if whites don't do the same things. But whites do. It really doesn't tell us anything about the black race as a whole, except that the black race is just like the white race and every other race--human.

True, but it's not based on race because there are plenty of white communities with the same exact problems, in high proportions.
But he won't recognize that.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
They don't in the same proportion. You act as if somebody said ALL black people did something, but NO white people did it. Nobody said that.

Quote:
Not nearly as many.

And just so you all know, I've been followed around more stores than I can count. No more or less than any black person I was with at the time. I've been pulled over more times than I can count. Out of the very few times I have driven around with a car full of white people, I've probably been pulled over at a higher frequency than with the countless times I've driven around with black people.

Racism exists. But when you all come up with these stories about someone saying the N-word or following you around a store as if it indicates some kind of massive epidemic, I'm just not buying it.

Hell, the last time I saw somebody steal something from a store, the only white girl in the store got blamed and she didn't even do it lol.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
You failed. Go back and reread my post sloooowly. You'll get it.

I didn't mention crime or wedlock births. I said EDUCATION. Furthermore, my point was to merely enlighten the Moth person that he stated that "ITS BLACKS disdaining education and dropping out in droves." This is a fact that completely ruled out white people from this statement, which we all know is not the case.
Yeah you pulled out education while ignoring the others. Brilliant strategy. I don't feel like looking up dropout stats, so whatever. You win.

Quote:
Strawman? Really? If he made a blanket statement that "Its blacks disdaining education and dropping out in droves," my comment about my stance on education completely applies.
There were also statements about the other things I mentioned. Yes, it's a strawman. You're acting like he said that no white person has ever dropped out of school.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I was in the LV store on Rodeo Drive in April. Both my friend and I are white women in our forties.My friend purchased a bag for over $1700 and the security guard never took his eyes off us. So it happens to everybody!Maybe it that area white women in their forties fit the profile!!
Yet he would have treated Lindsay Lohan differently, lol.....she never steals....[sarc.]

Old 08-25-2011, 04:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:

Do not put words in my mouth. Please quote me where I stated that Blacks have it worse than everyone else. That was your interpretation of my previous posts. However, Black Americans do have the worst stereotypes that are uniformly thrust upon the entire population despite a one's personal character.

The general negative stereotypes that exist regarding other groups of people are not uniformly attributed to each member of that group. There is a negative stereotypes about Whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc, etc but they are not required to prove that they are NOT like the negative stereotypes in question. This is NOT the case with Black people. We have to prove that we are NOT the personification of those negative steretypes whether we want to or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies