Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM

1,027 posts, read 825,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
He admitted he didn't know the ages of anyone he shared his pics with.
And his lies about it were more extensive than just "to a reporter."

Not that the lying part is illegal (slimy and jerky, but you can't legislate class and proper decorum). But not knowing if the pics went to a 26-yr-old fame***** or a 13-yr-old girl, well you can figure this out for yourself.
I hope.
So HYPOTHETICALLY a minor could of received it?

You you think if a minor got a picture of the naked penis of a US Congressman that it wouldn't be ALL OVER the news by now?

THEN he would have to resign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,364,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Quick question: how do you feel about how this affects his wife?
Quick answer - if you're married to a shrewish wife like Bill Clinton or John Edwards, you're OK. Weiner's wife seems likeable and attractive, so he's toast...

14,044 posts, read 27,236,754 times
Predicting this outcome was pretty easy, it was apparent he was lying from the start.

Now, my next prediction is that he will either resign, or not run for reelection.

Time for the Democrats to cut off Weiner...

13,814 posts, read 28,516,209 times
Weiner's new nickname on Capitol Hill....

Spoiler
Cocktail Frank!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Mark Foley
Improper conduct with at least two youths, a 16-year old page and a recently graduated page.

Larry Craig
Pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his June arrest following an incident in a Minneapolis, Minnesota, airport bathroom.

As for Chris Lee, I found it odd that he did resign, unless of course he was hiding something else.

Weiner is doing right by not resigning. Foley should have had his ass kicked by the parents of the victims.

Larry Craig was advised to resign by his own party.
Agree on Wiener and Foley.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Lee resigned immediately.

Foley and Craig were drummed out.
Lee was also propositioning transsexual prostitutes, but nobody cares (or found out unless they were interested) since he resigned immediately. Foley was sexting underage pages; Craig was soliciting sex in a men's bathroom. Again, Senator Vitter is still a member of the Senate, reelected last year. There was a good chance Ensign would have remained in the Senate had it not been for the quid-pro-quo he was engaged in.

I really don't want to say more on this except to say that neither party has a monopoly in not having sex scandals, or for officials in either party to immediately resign.

Quote:
Surprising and refreshing.
I agree with many of Weiner's policy positions, and respect his passion. I had given him the benefit of the doubt on his hacking claim, and it turned out to be a blatant lie. I feel foolish that I had given him the benefit of the doubt, though I had been giving him less and less over the past week because of some horrible interviews he'd given. Had he given this exact same press conference a week ago, I think almost everybody would have moved on by now and nobody would care.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
He admitted he didn't know the ages of anyone he shared his pics with.
And his lies about it were more extensive than just "to a reporter."
Did anyone catch that while he was "being honest" he insinuated the women could have lied about their ages. He said he didn't know their ages and only what they put on their accounts. Nothing like balancing ones lies with insinuations that everyone else probably did too. Is this guy a Representative or a twelve year old?

Way to come clean Weiner

Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,543,733 times
I'm convinced all of these male politicians are sexually repressed. Maybe they should all have a annual weekend at the bunny ranch in Nevada. This way they will get this rock start sex need out of the way. My goodness Lawd. smdh..

Old 06-06-2011, 03:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Really? No wonder the left and right can't come together on anything. People like you have no interest in shared disgust.
Agreed. Democrats have no monopoly on infidelity, lately it's been the Republicans that have been shouldering the sex scandal burden more often than not. Let's face it, thinking with the wrong head is not a Partisian issue, it's a stupidity issue and people on both sides are guilty of it. I just can't understand how these people think they can get away with this kind of behavior in this day and age, you have to question the leadership judgement of anyone who engages in this type of activity today.

I care little about the indescretion itself, many of our Founding Fathers were not saints, but I don't know how constiuents in his district could re-elect him again after the casual way he lied to everyone. But if Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton can make a come back, I guess I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point. It's a depressing thought.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
The scumbag was going after Beck on some trumped up ethics deal and he does this...

[MOD CUT] disgusting what we have on Capital Hill. Lying sleazy scumbags.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies