Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you have any idea how envious your post sounds????

IMO, Bill Gates works very hard.
Nah, I am just saying something inconvenient. Of course people who don't like or understand what I say will call me envious. It is always the same pattern (just like anyone criticizing gay parades is himself gay, right? ).

Other people work much harder than Gates and in more meaningful areas, still they are working poor.

Regarding your 80 hours per week, if you work that much voluntarily and not in a field like, say, healthcare, working that much is kind of pointless. No idea why anyone would work so much voluntarily, obsession, greed, boredom, avoidance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Nah, I am just saying something inconvenient. Of course people who don't like or understand what I say will call me envious. It is always the same pattern (just like anyone criticizing gay parades is himself gay, right? ).

Other people work much harder than Gates and in more meaningful areas, still they are working poor.

Regarding your 80 hours per week, if you work that much voluntarily and not in a field like, say, healthcare, working that much is kind of pointless. No idea why anyone would work so much voluntarily, obsession, greed, boredom?
No surprise that you would not understand......

I am building my business base.

Leaving people without water is not a good business move.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,408 times
Quote:

Regarding your 80 hours per week, if you work that much voluntarily and not in a field like, say, healthcare, working that much is kind of pointless. No idea why anyone would work so much voluntarily, obsession, greed, boredom?
I think a lot of what you are thinking isn't coming across very well in a post.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
No surprise that you would not understand......

I am building my business base.

Leaving people without water is not a good business move.
So, why don't you have a business partner to build it with you? Would result in two full-time jobs and both of you could spend more time on your families, hobbies etc.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
So, why don't you have a business partner to build it with you? Would result in two full-time jobs and both of you could spend more time on your families, hobbies etc.
More like why would I.....

I do have two 1099 guys that work with me.

Not everyone values the same things.

At this point of my life the business is a big part of my life.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
More like why would I.....

I do have two 1099 guys that work with me.

Not everyone values the same things.

At this point of my life the business is a big part of my life.
Why would you? Hm, because despite our long life expectancy, the prime years of life are between 20 and 40, and those 20 years pass pretty fast, the faster the more industrious you are. Before you know it your prime years are gone, health issues start to bug you, good looks go down the drain, etc.

Workoholism is an illness

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
That whole millionaire dream is just utterly childish in my view. If that is a person's motivation in life, I would not want to have anything to do with that person. I often think of that when I read on Yahoo etc. that there is a new list of the professions bound to make you rich. Anyone who lets income rule their lives, like for instance the decision which career to pursue, is a fool.
The thing that's childish is thinking that being a millionaire will make you happy.

It's foolish to choose a career just because you may become wealthy. If your heart isn't into it, you will never succeed.

It's also childish to not prepare for YOUR future. People who live life as if they will never get old. People who run up debt and then feel that the government should help them fix the problems that they themselves created.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Becoming a millionaire or billionaire is easy. With a little advanced planning you can arrange to be born to a family already blessed with great wealth. Marrying into the family is far more difficult because they very effectively limit their children’s access to others of the same class.
That is the only sensible thing in your posts.

No matter what you earn, live within your means.

That means saving a little here and there. When you have enough, invest it in something.

Stay out of debt and remember, if you can't pay cash, you can't afford it.

Always keep your eyes open for better employment opportunities.

Sooner or later, you'll have a little nest egg.

Or, you can overspend, run up credit, live week to week, and depend on the government to support you when you are old or sick.

Then start looking to tax the rich, because, after all, they are the reason for your misery.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wealth is gained by having others become less wealthy, its elementary math. If I have more money in my bank account, its because someone else gave me some of theirs..
this should disqualfy you from being allowed to vote.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, you are a great exception as we all know from your recurring posts, we are so proud of you

People like Bill Gates would not be so rich if it weren't for license fees and trademarks. If his income matched his actual work, he would be as wealthy as a normal upper middle-class employee.
It is no coincidence that corporations employ armies of legal experts in order to maximize the number of patents, trademarks etc. It is all a bubble economy without substance...
Who the hell SHOULD have profited from his work and ideas?

Microsoft is a "bubble"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies