Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times

Advertisements

I really cannot fathom all the moral outrage effected by certain thought processes about this. Ok...fine the guy coulda let it go with the punk on the floor and the robbery thwarted. Seems to me be just got pissed.....and cut loose his own brand of "moral outrage". Its be easy to get so swept away. With all the garbage our legal system spews on honest citizens and the mooning it espouses on the rights of obviously guilty criminals....its easy to see how an outraged citizen could see red in such a case az this. Lmao....kinda funny how all the leftys are howling about this guys acting as a defacto legal system when they themselves would be totally willing to string him up on their own vi en the chance. Being a progressive or liberal must magically elevate a person above the human condition the rest of us are stuck with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I really cannot fathom all the moral outrage effected by certain thought processes about this.
The allow me to help, it might be tough because it is a moral/legal thing.

"Ok...fine the guy coulda let it go with the punk on the floor and the robbery thwarted."

Coulda? You mean shoulda because the law in every jurisdiction of the United States is very clear on this one tiny point, once an eminent threat has been eliminated the use of force, especially deadly force must cease. This holds true for law enforcement as it does for civilians.

Seems to me be just got pissed.....and cut loose his own brand of "moral outrage".

I don't think that I am going out on too much of a limb in stating that being pissed is the basis for pretty much 99.9% of all the murders committed. As for cutting loose his own brand of "moral outrage" well, again I don't think that I am going out of a limb in stating that "moral outrage" isn't part and parcel of most murders either (see honor killings etc) so there was nothing moral about shooting someone hors de combat.

Its be easy to get so swept away.

Yes it is which is why I suppose we have such a high murder rate.

"kinda funny how all the leftys are howling about this guys acting as a defacto legal system when they themselves would be totally willing to string him up on their own vi en the chance."

Well since "leftys" as a general rule are opposed to capital punishment, I think that we can leave the rope out of the equation but you are right that we would be yelling for this guy to be tried before a jury of his peers and we would hope that they would return a verdict of guilty and appropriately sentenced for his offenses. Of course silly us would also demand that his 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendment rights would be assiduously protected, silly us actually believing in the Bill of Rights.

Being a progressive or liberal must magically elevate a person above the human condition the rest of us are stuck with.

No not really. Progressives and liberals possess the same base instincts as any other human. I know because I have witnessed the deadly fury that lefties can unleash when placed in a life and death battle but what we also recognize is the we as a society develop rules to guard against those moments when even the most progressive thinkers forget that they must live in a moral society.

As always, I'm here to clear up any misunderstandings that you may have about Constitutional, human or moral rights. Although it is getting tiresome.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The allow me to help, it might be tough because it is a moral/legal thing.

"Ok...fine the guy coulda let it go with the punk on the floor and the robbery thwarted."

Coulda? You mean shoulda because the law in every jurisdiction of the United States is very clear on this one tiny point, once an eminent threat has been eliminated the use of force, especially deadly force must cease. This holds true for law enforcement as it does for civilians.

Seems to me be just got pissed.....and cut loose his own brand of "moral outrage".

I don't think that I am going out on too much of a limb in stating that being pissed is the basis for pretty much 99.9% of all the murders committed. As for cutting loose his own brand of "moral outrage" well, again I don't think that I am going out of a limb in stating that "moral outrage" isn't part and parcel of most murders either (see honor killings etc) so there was nothing moral about shooting someone hors de combat.

Its be easy to get so swept away.

Yes it is which is why I suppose we have such a high murder rate.

"kinda funny how all the leftys are howling about this guys acting as a defacto legal system when they themselves would be totally willing to string him up on their own vi en the chance."

Well since "leftys" as a general rule are opposed to capital punishment, I think that we can leave the rope out of the equation but you are right that we would be yelling for this guy to be tried before a jury of his peers and we would hope that they would return a verdict of guilty and appropriately sentenced for his offenses. Of course silly us would also demand that his 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendment rights would be assiduously protected, silly us actually believing in the Bill of Rights.

Being a progressive or liberal must magically elevate a person above the human condition the rest of us are stuck with.

No not really. Progressives and liberals possess the same base instincts as any other human. I know because I have witnessed the deadly fury that lefties can unleash when placed in a life and death battle but what we also recognize is the we as a society develop rules to guard against those moments when even the most progressive thinkers forget that they must live in a moral society.

As always, I'm here to clear up any misunderstandings that you may have about Constitutional, human or moral rights. Although it is getting tiresome.
Tiresome? Whatever. I can't care a whit for your grandiose moral compass and ifn your already tired trying to "clear things up" for me....mesa thinking your gonna be up way past your bedtime worrying bout poor lil ol me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies