Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Apparently the new devil is workers unions, some folks are just a little too obtuse to know the difference between those kind of unions, and government unions.
I don't think the 90% of non union workers would find your attacks very persuasive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Tell that to the taxi cab drivers in Miami.
I don't need to. I get my information from objective studies/reports and newspapers of record.

You can go by some anecdotal story from somebody you met one day.

Dwell in ignorance if you wish.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,026,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't think the 90% of non union workers would find your attacks very persuasive.
My husband works for the Boeing competition, he belongs to the United Aerospace Workers.....how safe do you think that job would be if there were no union intervention, no insurance etc?
My grandfather pioneered for the unions in the 20s and 30s after witnessing men get killed, and nothing done about it.
You dont like unions?
Fine by me, but dont bag on me and mine because we are pro-union.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,318 times
Quote:
My husband works for the Boeing competition, he belongs to the United Aerospace Workers.....how safe do you think that job would be if there were no union intervention, no insurance etc?
My grandfather pioneered for the unions in the 20s and 30s after witnessing men get killed, and nothing done about it.
You dont like unions?
Fine. But don't whine to me when the unions kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You dont like unions?
The majority of Americans who do not belong to unions are doing just fine.

As one who has negotiated with unions up close and personal I can tell you, their agenda and that of the rank and file are not aligned.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
. I get my information from objective studies/reports and newspapers of record.

ha! Ha! Ha! :d:d:d

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,202,450 times
Quote:
<snip>As one who has negotiated with unions up close and personal I can tell you, their agenda and that of the rank and file are not aligned.
Nonsense

Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
The majority of Americans who do not belong to unions are doing just fine.

As one who has negotiated with unions up close and personal I can tell you, their agenda and that of the rank and file are not aligned.
The local UAW that my husband belongs to just voted all those types of people out last month, they have been planning on cleaning house for quite a while.
72% of she shop floor belongs to the local, and are quite happy.
So, that being said, your personal anecdotes do not necessarily represent what goes on in every shop.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Fine. But don't whine to me when the unions kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
And your knowledge of unions is, what, exactly?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The local UAW that my husband belongs to just voted all those types of people out last month, they have been planning on cleaning house for quite a while.
72% of she shop floor belongs to the local, and are quite happy.
So, that being said, your personal anecdotes do not necessarily represent what goes on in every shop.
Neither does yours. I think the fact the the majority of Americans have no interest in being organized speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies