Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,679 times

Advertisements

So had she survived, she would have kept her mouth shut?

Weak, cowardly and self-serving.

I wonder if she knew when she was campaigning with him and telling everyone how freakin great he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
...... If it IS true, I hope his lawyers can find a way to get it excluded.
Huh?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:58 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
After what the poor women had to endure, maybe now she can at least get some peace she surely deserves.
I think all of you need to spend some time and look at the statistics of cheating when it comes to marriage for both men and women. It's not as if this is uncommon.

Typically when men cheat, it has to do with a lack of emotional connection, it's not just about sex. The guy could have been in a very sterile, loveless relationship that he stayed in for his kids.

That someone would leave posthumous videos to nail an ex shows a level of bitterness that is really just sad. Christianity teaches forgiveness and holding bitterness to that level is just not a good thing.

They lost a child and had children after 50. It wasn't a conventional marriage and it seems like they very much drifted apart. Given how many marriages end in divorce in this country, nobody here should really be surprised.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... via secret video testimony before her death.

Elizabeth Edwards’ revenge from the grave: She 'secretly recorded death-bed video testimony to help nail John'

In a final act of revenge, Elizabeth Edwards secretly recorded a testimony in her dying days that helped prosecutors indict husband John last week, it was claimed today.

Friends said the cancer victim, who died in December, wanted to ‘haunt’ her estranged husband and his mistress Rielle Hunter, with whom he fathered a child and made a sex tape.

Sources said that the secret videotape was made in the final days before Mrs Edwards died aged 61 after her eldest daughter Cate, 29, agreed to look after her other children if something happened to John Edwards.

She reportedly filmed the video herself and then passed it to a close friend who she told to send it to prosecutors.

‘On the secret video, Elizabeth spells out everything she knew about John’s affair with Rielle and how he managed to cover it up for so long,’ a source told the Enquirer.

‘She also spills all of John’s lies – many of which could be what sends him up the river.’

Nice work. Hope it works.

Does she have anything on Weiner?
Weiner fathered a digital internet child outside of his marriage? Weiner laundered money to protect his digital lover?

Your thread is par for the course of today's fixation on gossip and bottom feeding off of the misery of others and that is expected in this day and age of reality show mindlessness, but your comparing what Edwards did to what Weiner has done is just downright idiotic.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 06-10-2011 at 12:14 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Weiner fathered a digital internet child outside of his marriage? Weiner laundered money to protect his digital lover?

Your thread is par for the course of today's fixation on gossip and bottom feeding off of the misery of others and that is expected in this day and age of reality show mindlessness, but your comparing what Edwards did to what Weiner has done is just downright idiotic.
The only "misery" Weiner has experienced is having to face the fact that everyone in the world knows he's a pig and a liar.

There is nothing mindless about confronting a liar and vulgarian with proof of his mendacity and his utter ignorance of civilized comportment.

This is not about points of law. It's about basic decency. And both of these Democrat pretty boys fail the test, miserably.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 06-10-2011 at 12:36 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Not saying this isn't true...but it is the Enquirer. I Googled the story and all reports about this come from gossip rags. Even in the cited article there was a picture of John Edwards entering the courthouse with daughter Cate at his side "in a show of support". When this comes from CNN, BBC, or even from network news coverage I will truely believe.

Funny how those networks report stuff like this after "rags" like the Enquirer do.

There are junk publications but many times turn out to be correct.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
I hope this isn't true. If the jury is able to view this, it's a wrap. If it IS true, I hope his lawyers can find a way to get it excluded.
If there is a tape and she is telling the truth in the tape, and he DID use tax payer's money to hide his mistress and his love child......why would you want him to get off scott free?

If her testimony helps them prove that he did it.......good for her......and the taxpayers.

Did anyone see the interview Oprah did with Rielle Hunter? Seriously, that woman is certifiable. She gave me the creeps. {{{shiver}}}

I am sure Elizabeth feared John would move Rielle into their home before her body was cold.........judging from his past behavior......and I can see why she would prefer to have John in prison rather than have that woman raising her children.

Good for Elizabeth!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
So had she survived, she would have kept her mouth shut?

Weak, cowardly and self-serving.

I wonder if she knew when she was campaigning with him and telling everyone how freakin great he is.
She knew a year before it was announced, and before
John announced he was running for President, if that's
what your asking.

While I understand everyone's outrage toward John
Edwards for cheating on the death bed of his cancer
laden wife, I think folks need to put it in in perspective
with Elizabeth's own blind ambition.

Seriously, if it had gone down another way; Edwards
being the candidate and actually winning - trust
this - she would not have written THAT BOOK.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin;19526828[B
]She knew a year before it was announced, and before[/b]
John announced he was running for President, if that's
what your asking.

While I understand everyone's outrage toward John
Edwards for cheating on the death bed of his cancer
laden wife, I think folks need to put it in in perspective
with Elizabeth's own blind ambition.

Seriously, if it had gone down another way; Edwards
being the candidate and actually winning - trust
this - she would not have written THAT BOOK.
Did she know about the child at that time? I honestly can't remember.

Knowing about an affair vs knowing about a love child is a big difference.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The only "misery" Weiner has experienced is having to face the fact that everyone in the world knows he's a pig and a liar.

There is nothing mindless about confronting a liar and vulgarian with proof of his mendacity and his utter ignorance of civilized comportment.

This is not about points of law. It's about basic decency. And both of these Democrat pretty boys fail the test, miserably.
i can't believe that you called weiner a democratic pretty boy.

i think you will be getting a picture soon....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies