Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times

Advertisements

lol I would not be surprised if they recruit people of color e.g., token minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Seen any white flash mobs lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,855,052 times
Quote:
THANK YOU
Don't black people, asian people, mexican people stick together, Catholics don't hang with atheists, young don't hang with old, law abiders don't hang with criminals, and conservatives don't hang with liberals, if they can help it, SO WHAT?......feel free to associate with whomever you like.
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...I---BOOBOO.jpg

Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 PM

20,366 posts, read 19,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
No, we don't. Some white ethnicities living in white ethnic enclaves (Irish, Italian come to mind) might stick together but otherwise we don't "stick together."
Some of my italian American co-workers will make innocent, off-handed comments about the Irish or Russian Americans that just crack me up.

They're convinced that we (Irish) do drink more than other cultures and like to fight.

They also love attending our wakes. Go figure.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,505,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

QUESTION-- Do white folks stick together?
Only when it is hot and humid out.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times
OMG that is horrible. Have you ever been denied a job because of that jesting stereotype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Some of my italian American co-workers will make innocent, off-handed comments about the Irish or Russian Americans that just crack me up.

They're convinced that we (Irish) do drink more than other cultures and like to fight.

They also love attending our wakes. Go figure.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,971,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The reason why I ask is because one of my black coworkers seems to think that if one black messes up in the eyes of white folks( he values the opinions of whites, apparently) all blacks will be judged the same as the black that has "messed up".

I told him that's a insult to blacks and whites to say that. He thinks whites are so narrow minded that they cannot distingish between individual behavior and group behavior. Also, as a black person it's an insult to me because he seems to think that I must "act a certain way" in front of whites in order to get their "approval"......

He goes on to say: As blacks, "we must stick together" and than says. "whites stick together, blah,blah, blah......"

I said: Whites stick together no more than blacks do. Don't believe everything you see and hear on TV or read.

Poor whites and affluent or middle class whites dislike eachother the same as poor and affluent or middle class blacks dislike eachother.

I call it the "Grass Is Greener" syndrone. People always seem to think the next guy has it better than they do. Hence my black coworker making is dumb remarks.......

Most people are to busy thinking about themselves to be thinking about sticking together with someone else.

QUESTION-- Do white folks stick together?
Most certainly, we have secret meetings where we devise the downfall of all those who do not meet our pigmentation. We ploy with businesses and governments to destroy those darker pigmentation!

Muahahahah!!! *pinky finger to the corner of mouth" Muahahahaha!!!

No, not really, but hey! It makes for a great excuse for some people right?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,142,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Only when it is hot and humid out.
Thanks for the laugh!

But seriously, I wish we did. I see non-whites always sticking together, so why not us? I guess we whites are all in our own little bubbles.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:20 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,651,583 times
Quote:
What are you talking about, allen's post was excellent and well formatted.
White people don't beat eachother up for acting black, for the way they talk, or getting an education or not.
wrong on the latter part

Quote:
we generally value education
I'd question this.

Quote:
politeness
Some parts of the Northeast and California are exceptions to this.

Quote:
and those that try to make something of themselves, but we don't harass those that don't.
Be "polite" and you're going to get stepped on and regarded as weak by many white Americans.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,206,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
But seriously, I wish we did. I see non-whites always sticking together, so why not us? I guess we whites are all in our own little bubbles.
LOL.....that's exactly what I am talking about. Those on the outside looking in seem to think the "other groups" stick together when in fact they don't. As my coworker things.......

As I said earlier, the grass is not greener. It only appears to be.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:28 AM

2 posts, read 10,364 times
no no and no, lol I had a white friend (race doesn't matter just a point), mention that living with family cousin uncle etc is a black thing. I think she has a point. she said that white people would rather help cousin sister brother pay or watch them suffer than to allow them to live with them. Go figure. By the way she is right, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies