Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
What about people who simply feel that homosexuality is just wrong/unnatural? Are they considered "homophobes" too? Because according to many on this forum, they are and I seriously doubt that would fall under that category of a "serious psychological condition".

Kinda punches a whole in the liberal's definition of a homophobe now, doesn't it?
Oh God. I've answered this question like a billion times.

It's possible to disagree with somebody's homosexuality (whatever that means) or to feel that homosexuality is wrong or unnatural without being homophobic. It's rare, but it's possible.

It becomes homophobia when your fear of homosexuality leads you down the road of repressing homosexuals. If you believe sodomy should be illegal - you're a homophobe. If you think gays should have certain civil rights taken away (like the rights of civil marriage, the right to serve in the military, etc) - you're a homophobe.

I disagree with Christianity (religion in general). However, I'm not a christianaphobe. I don't call for making sex between Christians illegal. I don't call for banning Christians from contracting civil marriages or serving in the military. See the difference?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh God. I've answered this question like a billion times.

It's possible to disagree with somebody's homosexuality (whatever that means) or to feel that homosexuality is wrong or unnatural without being homophobic. It's rare, but it's possible.

It becomes homophobia when your fear of homosexuality leads you down the road of repressing it. If you believe sodomy should be illegal - you're a homophobe. If you think gays should have certain civil rights taken away (like the rights of civil marriage, the right to serve in the military, etc) - you're a homophobe.
What we have issue with is that it's homosexuals and those friendly to the cause that get to assign the labels. By that logic we could probably call you a "heterophobe". Whether or not you are is apparently irrelevant.
Quote:

I disagree with Christianity (religion in general). However, I'm not a christianaphobe. I don't call for making sex between Christians illegal. I don't call for banning Christians from contracting civil marriages or serving in the military. See the difference?
You sure seem to act like a christophobe.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I've never met anyone with an irrational fear of homosexuals. Honestly...do people REALLY fear a bunch of flamboyantly dressed men chasing them down to give them a makeover or what?
Nope. REAL people don't REALLY fear anything like that. Only the fake ones do.

Genesis 19 - Passage Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I've never met anyone with an irrational fear of homosexuals. Honestly...do people REALLY fear a bunch of flamboyantly dressed men chasing them down to give them a makeover or what?
If you don't fear them, why all the efforts to repress them? And if not irrational religion, whence comes your fear of homosexuality?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
If you don't fear them, why all the efforts to repress them? And if not based in irrational religion, whence comes your fear of homosexuality?
I don't fear them. I don't repress them.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I don't fear them. I don't repress them.
Hahaha. You've never voted to take away my civil rights? You've never supported laws making sex between me and my boyfriend illegal? You've never supported candidates who further such an agenda?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Hahaha. You've never voted to take away my civil rights? You've never supported laws making sex between me and my boyfriend illegal?
No. I haven't. You guys can do what you want in your home. I honestly don't care. Don't try to force it on society, though.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
No. I haven't. You guys can do what you want in your home. I honestly don't care. Don't try to force it on society, though.
Here's the irrational fear.

No one is trying to force you to felate another man, to have another man sodomize you, or to marry another man.

Quote:
What we have issue with is that it's homosexuals and those friendly to the cause that get to assign the labels. By that logic we could probably call you a "heterophobe". Whether or not you are is apparently irrelevant.

You sure seem to act like a christophobe.
This makes no sense to me. How again am I either heterophobic or christianophobic?

I've never once called for heterosexuals or Christians being treated unequally under the law. I've never once advocated for heterosexuals or Christians having fewer civil rights than homosexuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Here's the irrational fear.

No one is trying to force you to felate another man, to have another man sodomize you, or to marry another man.
I never said you or anyone else was. But you can't force me to agree that you're morally right in doing so. To do so is wrong.

Quote:
This makes no sense to me. How again am I either heterophobic or christianophobic?
Does it matter? Your definition of homophobe doesn't care whether or not I do anything to be labeled as such. I guess my definition of heterophobe or christophobe doesn't either. If you don't like it, I guess you're one.
Quote:
I've never once called for heterosexuals or Christians being treated unequally under the law. I've never once advocated for heterosexuals or Christians having fewer civil rights than homosexuals.
Me either. So what is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies