Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh God. I've answered this question like a billion times.

It's possible to disagree with somebody's homosexuality (whatever that means) or to feel that homosexuality is wrong or unnatural without being homophobic. It's rare, but it's possible.

It becomes homophobia when your fear of homosexuality leads you down the road of repressing homosexuals. If you believe sodomy should be illegal - you're a homophobe. If you think gays should have certain civil rights taken away (like the rights of civil marriage, the right to serve in the military, etc) - you're a homophobe.

I disagree with Christianity (religion in general). However, I'm not a christianaphobe. I don't call for making sex between Christians illegal. I don't call for banning Christians from contracting civil marriages or serving in the military. See the difference?
So, according to your own words, the overwhelming majority of people who disagree with homosexuality are homophobes with SERIOUS PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS? Right. And having the belief that marriage is a partnering between a man and a woman qualifies a person as having a SERIOUS PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDER? I think not.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No. I haven't. You guys can do what you want in your home. I honestly don't care. Don't try to force it on society, though.

That's just a bald-faced lie. You do it all the time on here. You're constantly advocating that I have fewer civil rights that you simply because I'm a homosexual.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
This makes no sense to me. How again am I either heterophobic or christianophobic?

I've never once called for heterosexuals or Christians being treated unequally under the law. I've never once advocated for heterosexuals or Christians having fewer civil rights than homosexuals.
Do you support Christianity or feel that Christians are decent people?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
That's just a bald-faced lie. You do it all the time on here. You're constantly advocating that I have fewer civil rights that you simply because I'm a homosexual.
Please quote me then. Shouldn't be difficult if I do it all the time.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
And now we see who really does have an irrational fear of something. Everyone is out to get the homos, run and hide!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
I've never met anyone with an irrational fear of homosexuals. Honestly...do people REALLY fear a bunch of flamboyantly dressed men chasing them down to give them a makeover or what?
You actually believe that the vast majority of gay men are "flamboyantly dressed men" Thanks for providing an example of stereotyping that causes some to come to false conclusions and make foolish statements
Casper

Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
If you believe sodomy should be illegal - you're a homophobe. If you think gays should have certain civil rights taken away (like the rights of civil marriage, the right to serve in the military, etc) - you're a homophobe.
The more I think about this, the more I question it. Please, show me the medical definition of homophobia that qualifies a person as a homophobe for believing that traditional marriage is between a man and a woman.

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
I never said you or anyone else was. But you can't force me to agree that you're morally right in doing so. To do so is wrong.
Isn't that the entire point of religion? To tell people what is morally right and what is morally wrong?

I agree that to do so is wrong.

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
What about people who simply feel that homosexuality is just wrong/unnatural? Are they considered "homophobes" too? Because according to many on this forum, they are and I seriously doubt that would fall under that category of a "serious psychological condition".

Kinda punches a hole in the liberal's definition of a homophobe now, doesn't it?
How can something prevalent in nature be "unnatural"? Do you know what unnatural means?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You actually believe that the vast majority of gay men are "flamboyantly dressed men" Thanks for providing an example of stereotyping that causes some to come to false conclusions and make foolish statements
Casper
It seems most people think that all Christian pastors are rolex-wearing, toupee-wearing shysters in $3000 suits with private jets. At least according to the stereotypes that get thrown around.

I understand the concept of hyperbole. Do you? I was making an intentional exaggeration. I question the concept of homosexuality. Why would I fear a homosexual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies