Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

It seems that the bump for Obama from killing bin Laden didn't last very long. Look at this link and be sure to click on the first chance to see when he came down and how drastically he has gone back up this week. Bumps sure don't last long after the media finds something like Weiner to concentrate on.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 01:41 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Of course, Rasmussen explains that their results were based on a total of 45,000 interviews. So the "42%" who gave their disapproval of the Administration is actually that percentage of 45,000 people--not 300 million Americans. (The more you extrapolate, the less meaning these polls have!)

Old 06-16-2011, 01:49 PM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
I believe that he's trying to get Kadafi just for poll points.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
What is more disturbing than poll numbers is the Stock Market. Bin Laden’s death was the perfect excuse for a rally, and yet what we saw was anemic at best.
The old saying about market tops coming on good news and market bottoms coming on bad news may just have something to it.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of course, Rasmussen explains that their results were based on a total of 45,000 interviews. So the "42%" who gave their disapproval of the Administration is actually that percentage of 45,000 people--not 300 million Americans. (The more you extrapolate, the less meaning these polls have!)
Since you won't read the link I will give you this much of it where they talk about numbers different than the ones you talk about. Try to see that the number I talk about is a minus number and during the time when the real bump was working he got down to -9 but today was just a bit lower and has been going that direction for over a week.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

You keep talking about a part of the Rasmussen reports poll that is not what is the daily number which I talk about. See the trends which is very easy to do since all you need to do is to click on those two words in blue on the link.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 PM

I wonder how many, if any, of you people looked at the link. I see no discussion that would say any did but then I knew that some lefty would take the topic away from what I posted and the thing would spin off somewhere because of that, and sure enough it happened early.

I did not mention Bush nor did the link, but of course, some non-clickers have to do that normal thing. Lets have somebody look at the link and then discuss it instead of comparing who each side considers the worst in our history.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Really??? How ndo you expalin why the right wing will never acknowledge that Obama's predecessor will forever be regarded as the worst POTUS in history...bar none?
they are both bottom feeders imo.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:45 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Really??? How ndo you expalin why the right wing will never acknowledge that Obama's predecessor will forever be regarded as the worst POTUS in history...bar none?
Well history ain't over yet is it?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Time for Obama to face the music, Hey I voted for the guy
but he is lousy in the decisions and the people he has planted to run our country on the fiscal side.

This will hurt him dearly- I know he will NOT be getting my vote because of the economy and the over abundance of regulations he has instilled

not at all in the slightest what i voted for as far as change.
Yes I am happy with the take down of osama and the presence of american on the world stage being helped

but he has struck out three times with the economy which eventually will cost him the white house unless things change fast.

his idea of alternative energy sources hasnt taken foot hold any where either.

I love obamas ideas on some things but he has failed the middle class terribly

Old 06-17-2011, 04:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Time for Obama to face the music, Hey I voted for the guy
My mother-in-law and father-in-law were Obama '08 supporters and voters. Anyone but Obama in '12 is their opinion now. Same with wifey. You are NOT alone, not by a long shot.

For the MIL and FIL it was the economy. For wifey it was the Monsanto pick for "czar" as well as Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies