Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,742,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that the bump for Obama from killing bin Laden didn't last very long. Look at this link and be sure to click on the first chance to see when he came down and how drastically he has gone back up this week. Bumps sure don't last long after the media finds something like Weiner to concentrate on.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

It did not last because Barry had very little to do with it. Barry just had to sit there like a child and watch the adults in the room do all the heavy lifting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Actually, he's not quite as alone in that view as you'd like him to be...

History News Network | Because the Past is the Present, and the Future too.
Did you notice the date on your link? So you can know it was 3 - 5 - 09. I imagine that things could have changed drastically in the last 2 years. Maybe the present man has eased the feelings of those historians your George Mason man questioned.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Cheer up, roy. Bush's war in Afghanistan has lasted 10 years. His invasion of Iraq is now 8+ years. There's plenty to be upbeat about.
At 11:30 PM I asked people to get back to the topic of the thread and see that you not only didn't read the link, you just went on with the anti-Bush crap. I didn't mention Bush in the OP and the link doesn't contain his name at all, either.

Did your man, the topic of the thread, not promise to be out of Iraq almost immediately after his coronation? He said he would also bring troops home from Afghanistan but the success of the Surge in Iraq must have made him think it would work in Afghanistan and since he had taken that one over as his he had to try to win so sent more troops. Admittedly it was a token force but nevertheless . . . . . . . .

Now back to the link. It seems that Obama had slipped from -9 to -19 in approval on the daily presidential poll that Rasmussen does every day. Not one soul has discussed that slip so far so I will assume that nobody has even opened the link, darned sure not you.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Default All who take part in this thread.

Go ahead and look at the link and the numbers that have been around the past couple of weeks on this Rasmussen poll. It won't hurt any of you to click on the link and read the first hundred or so words. I really would like to discuss this poll and the others the last few days with someone who read the link.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of course, Rasmussen explains that their results were based on a total of 45,000 interviews. So the "42%" who gave their disapproval of the Administration is actually that percentage of 45,000 people--not 300 million Americans. (The more you extrapolate, the less meaning these polls have!)
I think that you failed to look at my link and admitted it with your post. Rasmussen always says on their Daily Presidential Poll that they called about 1,000 people and the results come from that group.

Your attempt to make Rasmussen look bad fell on its face when you posted the numbers you posted. You sure weren't talking about the linked poll but something else, entirely.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of course, Rasmussen explains that their results were based on a total of 45,000 interviews. So the "42%" who gave their disapproval of the Administration is actually that percentage of 45,000 people--not 300 million Americans. (The more you extrapolate, the less meaning these polls have!)
I'd be embarassed to only be able to come back with that as a reply.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,814 times
Quote:
Did you notice the date on your link? So you can know it was 3 - 5 - 09.
FYI...

Bush's term ended on 1-22-09.

Quote:
I imagine that things could have changed drastically in the last 2 years. Maybe the present man has eased the feelings of those historians your George Mason man questioned.
Feel free to post any survey of historians that supports your assertion.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:57 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,814 times
Default That killing bin Laden bump didn't last long. Did it?

Quote:
At 11:30 PM I asked people to get back to the topic of the thread and see that you not only didn't read the link, you just went on with the anti-Bush crap. I didn't mention Bush in the OP and the link doesn't contain his name at all, either.
At 7:53 am I posted about things that DO last long, in response to your OP lament about things that don't. I fully understand your bias for anti-Obama crap over anti-Bush crap.

Quote:
Did your man, the topic of the thread, not promise to be out of Iraq almost immediately after his coronation?
No. I don't recall anything of the sort. Maybe you can post a source that backs up your assertion.

Quote:
He said he would also bring troops home from Afghanistan but the success of the Surge in Iraq must have made him think it would work in Afghanistan and since he had taken that one over as his he had to try to win so sent more troops. Admittedly it was a token force but nevertheless . . . . . . . .
You're so impatient, roy. Bush had 8 years in Afghanistan and 6 in Iraq, yet you're so quick to condemn Obama because he hasn't yet straightened out both quagmires.

Quote:
Now back to the link. It seems that Obama had slipped from -9 to -19 in approval on the daily presidential poll that Rasmussen does every day. Not one soul has discussed that slip so far so I will assume that nobody has even opened the link, darned sure not you.
Please let me continue to post. Even though I tend to point out that most right wing Obama smear threads deny any Bush responsibility for Bush disasters and desperately attempt to shift the blame to Obama. Please...

Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,112,299 times
Yeah and alot of my personal friends think the same way.

One thing about obama is his ability to speak

I think he is probably one of the best speakers we have had in a long long time.

He tricked me in his speaking and i am sure he has tricked others.

I show no ill will toward the president I just think the country needs a fiscal leader and somewhere obama either never had touch or lost touch
with mid sream america

really irks me because for once in my life I thought we had a president who could connect with the needs of everyday joes and janes

Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 AM

It seems that the downward trend for Obama continues. Here are today's poll results for Obama.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

He is back to where he was when bin Laden was killed and I think it will go down steadily for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies