Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
So many angry, bitterly disappointed right wingers criticize Obama for not yet wrapping up Bush's two mismanaged middle east wars...

I offer a thoughtful analogy for this mindset:

It's like you've just had the front end of your car crumpled by a drunk driver who ran a red light. Five minutes later, you're screaming at the tow truck driver because the body work isn't complete yet.
Have you ever heard of a place called Libya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:42 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
So many angry, bitterly disappointed right wingers criticize Obama for not yet wrapping up Bush's two mismanaged middle east wars...

It's like you've just had the front end of your car crumpled by a drunk driver who ran a red light. Five minutes later, you're screaming at the tow truck driver because the body work isn't complete yet.

strange, I know quite a few democrats that wish they would not have voted for bambam or not voted at all in 2008 for potus.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:48 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did he promise those things or not?

Indeed he did and the word "Obamaphobe" in the OP ensured that this thread would be broad ranged in it's scope.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
This is a classic case of avoiding the argument by trying to change the subject. What happens when you call right wing nutjobs who supported the Republican platform from 2000-2008 (they had full control from 2000-2006)? They change the subject.

IRAQ was a mistake. Had YOU supported this, own up and admit what you supported was stupid and wrong. Don't try to point fingers at a guy who inherited some difficult situations. Personal responsibility? Remember that mantra? Stop pointing fingers, be a man and not a coward and step up.

I can remember before the US invaded Iraq that my friends (who are mostly well educated, conservative types) were stunned that I was against going into Iraq when I thought that the first Gulf War was a no brainer as was Afghanistan. Most of the right wingers who posted on here bought into the Bush BS and still supported him for his second term.

I know some less than intelligent conservative types who still say that Saddam has nukes buried in the desert. Know why? They're cowards and while they talk about personal responsibility they don't really mean it.

Stop whining about Obama and be a man and not a coward. Bush and the Republicans went into Iraq based in information they swore was solid and was not. That's not Obama's fault. The economic bubble that grew during Bush's reign is not his fault either.

look who is changing the subject. you cannot handle the truth and cannot handle what bambam has done to the USA. if bambam would have held true to his promises, then the USA would have been better off, not in the midst of becoming a 3rd world country.

also, I voted in the election in 08, and that alone gives me the right, just like it gives anyone else the right to whine about the potus doing a crappy job.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
look who is changing the subject. you cannot handle the truth and cannot handle what bambam has done to the USA. if bambam would have held true to his promises, then the USA would have been better off, not in the midst of becoming a 3rd world country.

also, I voted in the election in 08, and that alone gives me the right, just like it gives anyone else the right to whine about the potus doing a crappy job.
Bambam?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
The anger and bitterness is strong in this thread.

Phobia, too...

There should be bitterness and anger. Do you really want four more years of this failed administration? Hell, I wish the Democrats had the cojones to primary this guy.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:01 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There should be bitterness and anger. Do you really want four more years of this failed administration?
Indeed I do!

Quote:
Hell, I wish the Democrats had the cojones to primary this guy.
Looks like all you can do is wish. Maybe wish for a substantive GOP challenger, because there isn't one on the horizon right now.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:

But Wade The Won did promise to have the troops out of both of those places back in 2008. When do we expect him to fulfill just a few of his promises? I guess his promise to blow the price of electricity out of sight by destroying coal powered plants is coming around though. The Won just didn't manage to fool all the people with his campaign promises, but not all of us can see through his actions like some of us can.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:

Don't offer your mindset:
1) When campaigning, Obama promised that first thing he will bring all troops back.
2) Today he is "unfairly" criticized from all sides - the left, environmentalists, the black community, conservatives. That said, he contributed to the unrealistic expectations, by promising everything to everyone in 2008. No person can deliver all that.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Indeed I do!

Looks like all you can do is wish. Maybe wish for a substantive GOP challenger, because there isn't one on the horizon right now.

The GOP has little to offer in terms of actually helping Americans who are hurting in these tough economic times. What amazes me is that people watched Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice lie to get us into Iraq, but that doesn't count. They watched Bush '43 squander a tidy surplus left by Clinton and said nary a word. Unemployment began to rise rapidly during the two Bush terms, but the GOP continued to support him. Our national debt grew tremendously, and the right was silent. Now we're to believe that Obama has failed because these problems haven't been solved in a couple of years? The GOP is now so polarized to the extreme right that they refuse to even work with a sitting president, and it's Obama's fault?
Half of Congress said openly that they wouldn't work with the president, and that it was their "job" to make sure that he's a one-term leader. That flies in the face of democracy as the art of compromise, of the idea of finding the greatest good for the greatest number. I keep hearing talk of "taking America back;" America does not belong to a certain group of people, and everyone who voted for President Obama is just as much an American as the Republicans who didn't. Obama said repeatedly that our problems wouldn't have quick fixes, and he's right. Now if the GOP would work for their paychecks and great healthcare benefits, something might be done to address the myriad of problems that all Americans face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies