Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:49 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I'd rather be aborted than to be raised by an intolerant, judgmental parent.
Ohh, the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 08:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
45% will have an abortion? I don't think almost half the women I know will have an abortion or have had one. That seems a bit high. I only know maybe one or two women who have had one.
It's not something most women divulge. I just recently found out my mother had two abortions. One between my sister and I and another after divorce from my father. Both were for economic reasons.

She confessed she regretted her decisions.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you enjoy minding other people's business and trying to tell them that they have to do what you want them to do.

What if I went into your life and started telling you to do what I wanted you to do?

Trying to push your "morals" on others? Hmmmm, how's that work?
Said the big government aging hippie...

Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Said the big government aging hippie...
Anything but what you consider a negative comment and personal attack?

Didn't think so.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's not something most women divulge. I just recently found out my mother had two abortions. One between my sister and I and another after divorce from my father. Both were for economic reasons.

She confessed she regretted her decisions.
Not to be offensive (I know it probably will still be) but apparently there is a $ amount on life.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Anything but what you consider a negative comment and personal attack?

Didn't think so.
That's your self description and you most certainly are for big government.

Not really an attack to point out your hypocrisy when you complain about other people getting into other people's lives while at the same time pushing government (that's by and for the people) solves everything principals.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Not to be offensive (I know it probably will still be) but apparently there is a $ amount on life.
Yuppers! Just ask the Health Insurance CEOs!!!

AND it costs about $250,000.00 to raise a kid WITHOUT college.

Better to abort than be the "Hate Scapegoat" of vile repugs by being a poor Mom.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybumpkin View Post
Perhaps it doesn't come up in conversations for you, but it definitely does for me. I know so many women who have had abortions that I have practically lost count.

I'm sorry that you don't feel I'm pro-choice because I don't paint a picture of rainbows and butterflies. It takes intellect to realize that things aren't black and white. Pull your head out of you know where.
Do you work in as pregnancy counselor or in a mental heath clinic by chance? I agree with chielgirl that the topic of a person's individual abortion story doesn't come up in normal conversations very dare often. It is something women share in support groups, but that's to be expect since it's women with regrets about getting an abortion who attend those meetings. I also think less women would have regrets or depression after an abortion if the Pro-Lifers weren't out there characterizing all abortions as "murder" which is a subjective term based on religious interpretation i.e. some religions believe life begins at conception and others believe it begins at birth.

You said in another post that:
Quote:
I believe many women are not sorry about their abortions and I don't judge them because that's just how they feel. They can't help the way they feel. At the same time I know many who are depressed, whether pressured, threatened, etc. I will always be pro-choice but want better options for women and to educate society. I'm also sick of men/family pressuring and threatening a woman who wants to continue her pregnancy. It's sick.
In my opinion, just as many women are pressured by society to continue an unwanted pregnancy as those who are pressured and threaten to abort when don't want to. In both cases, I believe the percentages are low compared to the group in the middle that is neither pressured one way or the other. But let's say you want to change the latter, see women pressured less to abort? How are you going to do that? What practical solutions do you subscribe to to get people to be more responsible with sex lives so they don't get pregnant in the first place? If they do get pregnant and want to keep a child with no means to support it, what role do you think government should take to help them that the government is not already doing? Half the people in this country want to take away the help that is out there for unwed and poor mothers---WIC, child care while continuing their education, Welfare, job training, food stamps, etc., etc. Do you support cutting these programs or keeping them?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
I want to thank the person who didn't have the guts to sign their comment for this one:

reputations for being a stupid dyke ***** with 6 cats a fetish for yoga and a vegan diet. lmao

And Jon, you don't know one whit about what I think of government; so nice conjecture, but big fail.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yuppers! Just ask the Health Insurance CEOs!!!

AND it costs about $250,000.00 to raise a kid WITHOUT college.

Better to abort than be the "Hate Scapegoat" of vile repugs by being a poor Mom.
And I'm sure you'd say the same had your mother been poor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies