Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

let see,30 million people x 12 =360 million drug test per year x the cost of each drug test = more than its worth + the bureaucracy created to monitor the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Yes and everybody on Welfare is a drug addict, Alcoholic...
Who said that,ME the OP no just you and you alone.A good program that helps struggling American should not be abused by people that cant or wont work due to alcohol or drug abuse period

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
So you're hiring? Or you know someone who's hiring?

Or is this just the usual magical thinking?
Yep. I am hiring people to perform manual labor at a rate that I will determine. The applicant must be drug free and must pass a background check. If they have been convicted of a violent crime...buh-bye.

If they have been convicted of any felony twice...buh-bye.

They will COMPETE against other applicants. They must dress well and speak well for the interview. Military service will be a plus. Good grades a plus. Community service a plus.

They will work hard for the compensation I set. If they prove themselves they will earn more money and the opportunity to advance in my organization.

If they are late even once during the first 90 days...buh-bye.

They can be fired for any reason for the first 180 days.

Now...let's see how many welfare lifers will pass the test. Probably very few.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Because its the TAX PAYER that has to PAY FOR THE TESTING!!!

Its gonna cost even MORE TAX PAYER MONEY!

I know this Red Herring of every body on welfare is black, has 15 kids, smokes crack and has a Range Rover in a Mansion plays well with conservatives....
Drug testing will be cheaper than paying benefits to people who are drug or alcohol addicted.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:59 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Too bad the Florida governor realized that testing was unconstitutional and dropped it...so good luck getting those other Third Reich polices passed.
It's not unconstitutional. It's not unreasonable search, if someone is willingly applying for benefits, why don't we have the right to pry into their life a little more to ensure that that money is going to what it's supposed to be going for? Don't want to be subject to the testing? Get a job. What about people who apply for certain jobs that require extensive background checks? If they don't want to go through that, they don't have to apply for the job. Seems pretty simple to me. It's voluntary.

I see nothing wrong with this, OP.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yep. I am hiring people to perform manual labor at a rate that I will determine. The applicant must be drug free and must pass a background check. If they have been convicted of a violent crime...buh-bye.

If they have been convicted of any felony twice...buh-bye.

They will COMPETE against other applicants. They must dress well and speak well for the interview. Military service will be a plus. Good grades a plus. Community service a plus.

They will work hard for the compensation I set. If they prove themselves they will earn more money and the opportunity to advance in my organization.

If they are late even once during the first 90 days...buh-bye.

They can be fired for any reason for the first 180 days.

Now...let's see how many welfare lifers will pass the test. Probably very few.
Im sure people will beat down the door to join your Labor Camps...

Old 06-18-2011, 06:01 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Including alcohol and cigarettes.

If you have 5 or more children then you must agree to sterilization for any further money.

If you don't like this...then GET A JOB!!

(It would be great if Obama gave a speech declaring this!)

YouTube - ‪Internet Bridge Troll‬‏

Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Including alcohol and cigarettes.

If you have 5 or more children then you must agree to sterilization for any further money.

If you don't like this...then GET A JOB!!

(It would be great if Obama gave a speech declaring this!)
That is just amazing! That will surely help a whole heaping lot!

Finally, the people on drugs can get off their butts and take some of the abundant jobs that are available. The OP is a genius!
What's the name of the planet you people live on?

1,495 posts, read 2,300,944 times
Quote:
I know this Red Herring of every body on welfare is black, has 15 kids, smokes crack and has a Range Rover in a Mansion plays well with conservatives....
Yeah but at this point the stereotype is hardly even necessary, as the mindset has become habitually ingrained: welfare bad, taxes bad, government bad (except for the government stuff that I use, but I could do without it if I had to ). Never ask what is to become of the poor; just shrug "not my problem" or deflect "how dare you?"

1,027 posts, read 824,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's not unconstitutional. It's not unreasonable search, if someone is willingly applying for benefits, why don't we have the right to pry into their life a little more to ensure that that money is going to what it's supposed to be going for? Don't want to be subject to the testing? Get a job. What about people who apply for certain jobs that require extensive background checks? If they don't want to go through that, they don't have to apply for the job. Seems pretty simple to me. It's voluntary.

I see nothing wrong with this, OP.

Your view differs from that of the Supreme Court.

If someone loses their job and needs temporary help they shouldnt be subjected to a Government colonoscopy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies